CI Moments

I'm glad I'm not the only one asking- I can understand a little bit, but none of it seems to have ANY bearing on CI Moments??? Anybody here better at translating ASL to English care to help?

I think he went off topic here talking about himself and how he has the right to his decision for removing his CI and it seems like he is saying that he is afraid that u will be against him for his decision. (I hope I got that right)

U are right..it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Oh well..either he wanted to personally tell u this message or he didnt understand the topic of this thread. :dunno:

Anyone else can correct me if I am wrong.

We now have ooooo for moo. So Ashley now knows 2 animals. Ah ah ah for quack quack. She sees them and makes the sound before we push the button to make it go. She also is turning to me when you ask her where mama is. She is starting to understand more I think.

We now have ooooo for moo. So Ashley now knows 2 animals. Ah ah ah for quack quack. She sees them and makes the sound before we push the button to make it go. She also is turning to me when you ask her where mama is. She is starting to understand more I think.

Awww. Ashley is so cute. Reading about what she is doing and the different sounds she is making is very interesting.

How are her tactile issues?

She probably is understanding more than u think. Receptive language develops before expression language does.

She is adorable!

U are doing a good job! :)

It sounds like Ashley is doing *so* well with her CI! :) Please continue to keep us posted on her progress!

She is opening up to a lot of different things. She will play patty cake on my hand. She uses open palm so much more now. She will hold my hands to walk. She is even letting me show her some basic signs with her hands. She will tolerate it for a few seconds and then pulls away but that is much better than before. She is getting more comfortable in her self. If that makes any sense. She is so much more happy and calm. She takes food from a spoon now with almost no resistance. Once we get her going she opens up and goes for the spoon if it is not getting there fast enough. My baby seems to be growing up a bit. We have had to put up gates all over. She loves to explore. She is very nosy. New people and new surroundings do not seem to scare her at all. She checks them out for a few and then goes on about her business. We still have a long way to go but she is doing so well. Sometimes too smart for her own good. Sorry to go on and on but a lot has happened in the past 2 to 3 months.

She is opening up to a lot of different things. She will play patty cake on my hand. She uses open palm so much more now. She will hold my hands to walk. She is even letting me show her some basic signs with her hands. She will tolerate it for a few seconds and then pulls away but that is much better than before. She is getting more comfortable in her self. If that makes any sense. She is so much more happy and calm. She takes food from a spoon now with almost no resistance. Once we get her going she opens up and goes for the spoon if it is not getting there fast enough. My baby seems to be growing up a bit. We have had to put up gates all over. She loves to explore. She is very nosy. New people and new surroundings do not seem to scare her at all. She checks them out for a few and then goes on about her business. We still have a long way to go but she is doing so well. Sometimes too smart for her own good. Sorry to go on and on but a lot has happened in the past 2 to 3 months.

Is that a pic of her walking in your avatar? U mentioned before that she was struggling to walk if I remember correctly. How is that going?

Ashleysmommy,

I remember a time when you were concerned about how Ashley's visual impairment would affect her, but it sounds as if she is doing quite well. I'm happy to hear that she's confidently exploring her environment -- that's always a good sign and shows that she isn't letting anything stand in her way! Good for her! :)

Is that a pic of her walking in your avatar? U mentioned before that she was struggling to walk if I remember correctly. How is that going?

She is pulling up and cruising around every where. She is not ready to let go just yet. She is showing a real independent side. She is holding on to the wall in the pic. She goes to our front door and bends over looks through her legs. A friend of ours stopped out front and called us and told us we were teaching her bad habits. We asked what they were talking about they said Ashley was mooning them. She is very mobile and very adventurous right now.

Ashleysmommy,

I remember a time when you were concerned about how Ashley's visual impairment would affect her, but it sounds as if she is doing quite well. I'm happy to hear that she's confidently exploring her environment -- that's always a good sign and shows that she isn't letting anything stand in her way! Good for her! :)

I have always pushed her to explore things. I want her to feel safe and confident so I let her go. To an extent(I follow close behind).

this morning its my first time hearing a crow's call... i'm not a morning person but this morning i got up 7 am and went outside.. there's alot of crows and i heard something repeating.. i was like what the heck!... looking around.. and saw some crows.. and sure thought it was a crow.. i was like wow.. then i went on my computer to hear the crow calls and sure sounds same..

Here's a recent CI moment; I was watching some online vid which isn't closed captioned and I was able to make out some of the words that I heard.

My CI moment was.........

There was sunny day and I was driving in the traffic and listen to the music on the raido. There was big fook sound came into my implant and it was sooooooooo SEXY! It was a Harley Davidson motorcycle passed and faded away. Goddamn, I feel so misable for many years that I haven't know about the sound of Harley Davidson motorcycle. I fell in love with Harleys!

My CI moment was.........

There was sunny day and I was driving in the traffic and listen to the music on the raido. There was big fook sound came into my implant and it was sooooooooo SEXY! It was a Harley Davidson motorcycle passed and faded away. Goddamn, I feel so misable for many years that I haven't know about the sound of Harley Davidson motorcycle. I fell in love with Harleys!
oh yeah.. i love all the sounds of motorcycle going by.. nice sounds.. gives me goosebumps :D

I've always loved the sound of a motorcycle too!!!

I had a fun CI moment on Thursday - I went in for my yearly re-map with my Audie, and we did a couple single-word recognition tests.

I remembered when I was going through the evaluations to see if I could get a CI, and I had to do this test, and with my hearing aids I could understand NOTHING. Since I had to say SOMETHING, I kept going through lists of words I made up - colors, animals, places, things....it was so weird. Then on Thursday I did it again and used the exact same word list - and I missed ONE word!!! Absolutely amazing to go from zero comprehension to 99%!!!! I also got 100% on sentence comprehension.

that was neato congrats and keep up brother. I havent wore my CI for about 2 to 3 years until I hooked up again because I was just tired of people testing me all of the time and make my nervous breakdown but now I understand how hearing people have to hear like that every single day I guess Im sticking with it now. When you get used to it and it will be much better and better. About the speech threapist, I understand short/long word, how many syllable in a word, background sounds and etc but just been wore for a year. I know how stuipd I was because I could have learned how to talk and listen much better than before. That will be 5/6 years but I have to restart =/ Im going to stick with it now and no more to put up my CI in the closet.

=/ Im going to stick with it now and no more to put up my CI in the closet.

But don't forget you can always take if off and rest your ears if it's to noisy. :) If my granddaughter and daughter are making to much noise I pull the magnet off my head for awhile .

Back