CI Companies

The new Rondo processor looks way too thick to wear a hat and won't the mic then be under the hat as well? Is the Rondo the processor you get activated with?

You'll get a choice, just like with AB.

got to love having choices, even more so when you're able to get 2 processors for 1 ear (not everyone who get CI's get 2 processors, it depends on insurance coverage or the CI center).

I called to talk about different brands today, the person I spoke to today sounded as if she was pushing me towards Cochlear, when I asked why, she could only say she was just more familiar with them then Advanced bionics.
I asked about being able to swim, at which point she entirely went all AB saying the Neptune was meant to be amazing..

All this leaves me more confused than before, I did ask about getting the free upgrade to the new AB processor I was told yes I would get it without having to trade the old one for free.
When I asked the question about Cochlear's new processor if I got the N5 now, I was told there would be no free upgrade or even substantial discount.

Typical of Cochlear. They want a lot of money for every little thing. Now that there is plenty of competition, you would think they would reduce prices....but no.

But isn't that because the new AB processor has been released altho not in the US as of yet but the N6 hasn't actually been released yet from cochlear at all?

People are saying that the new processor is out in the UK and Canada but it isn't yet. I think AB just genuinely want people to be able to use their product especially so close to it being released so they give you the incentive to trade one of the processors in. I believe that has a lot to do with phonak too. I've had great service with phonak in regards to upgrades etc and they've even upgraded one hearing aid for free because they didn't agree with the the old audi I had giving me the ha that I was fitted with so they gave me a way better product because they wanted me to be a satisfied customer.

People are saying that the new processor is out in the UK and Canada but it isn't yet. I think AB just genuinely want people to be able to use their product especially so close to it being released so they give you the incentive to trade one of the processors in. I believe that has a lot to do with phonak too. I've had great service with phonak in regards to upgrades etc and they've even upgraded one hearing aid for free because they didn't agree with the the old audi I had giving me the ha that I was fitted with so they gave me a way better product because they wanted me to be a satisfied customer.

AB did the same thing with the Harmony in the months prior to it's release. It makes good business sense. Why hoist an out-dated processor on implantees who have only been implanted a few months and then have them wait 5 years before their insurance may cover it? That doesn't beholden your patients to you.

That's good..I may end up going with AB now instead of cochlear whenever I'm approved ...especially since I already wear phonak ha's

That's good..I may end up going with AB now instead of cochlear whenever I'm approved ...especially since I already wear phonak ha's

There is quite a bit coming from AB in addition to Naida. Their R & D department is in full swing. This means new strategies that unlock the internal implant even further beyond Fidelity 120 as well as the processor features that will get expanded as time goes by.

There is quite a bit coming from AB in addition to Naida. Their R & D department is in full swing. This means new strategies that unlock the internal implant even further beyond Fidelity 120 as well as the processor features that will get expanded as time goes by.

Amazing how technology develops...very good stuff :)

Is there anything know as to what might be on the way? Even rumor wise?

Is there anything know as to what might be on the way? Even rumor wise?

Here is some concrete info that was just released.

Sonova (Advanced Bionics) Investor Presentation April 2013 | cochlear implant HELP

Also, if you look at the comparison chart on the same website and scroll to the bottom to the "Rumors" field, you'll find this:

http://cochlearimplanthelp.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/ciap-2011-phantom.pdf

When you consider that all implants have low frequency limitations due to the limit on the depth an electrode can be inserted, this is great stuff! However, don't be alarmed by the current lack. The harmonics of lower frequencies are still heard which the brain then figures out to perceive as bass. Most users are unaware of any lower frequency limitation once they settle in to their programming. Such a strategy would provide richer bass experience which adds to the overall quality of sound.

Here is some concrete info that was just released.

Sonova (Advanced Bionics) Investor Presentation April 2013 | cochlear implant HELP

Also, if you look at the comparison chart on the same website and scroll to the bottom to the "Rumors" field, you'll find this:

http://cochlearimplanthelp.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/ciap-2011-phantom.pdf

When you consider that all implants have low frequency limitations due to the limit on the depth an electrode can be inserted, this is great stuff! However, don't be alarmed by the current lack. The harmonics of lower frequencies are still heard which the brain then figures out to perceive as bass. Most users are unaware of any lower frequency limitation once they settle in to their programming. Such a strategy would provide richer bass experience which adds to the overall quality of sound.

That's awesome thank you, it's just the sort of thing I was looking for :)

Somewhere on this forum, its stated that Australia has only just approved the AB Harmony to be used in Australia even tho the AB Q70 Naida CI will be coming out. If that's the case, it maybe a while until you get the new Naida CI and maybe the Neptune if the post is correct.

Cochlear Americas -... | Facebook

Cochlear is now letting people who are implant as of April 1st to upgrade one opened or unopened N5 processor for newer technology.

Awesome! Thank you for heads up! I look around and found this page http://cochlearimplanthelp.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/cochlear_technology_exchange_program.pdf

Awesome! I can get N5 and N6(when it become available). I will be implanted in May! But what about 5 For Life? Can I get five years warranty for my N5 and N6?

Somewhere on this forum, its stated that Australia has only just approved the AB Harmony to be used in Australia even tho the AB Q70 Naida CI will be coming out. If that's the case, it maybe a while until you get the new Naida CI and maybe the Neptune if the post is correct.

Australia has only been implanting AB implants for a few years now, and only recently approved the Neptune for use (something about AB not sure if Australia would have much interest? in which they were proven wrong and offered Neptune to Australia, so perhaps they'll offer the new Naida CI to them soon enough?).

This is because Cochlear is based in Australia, so they have dominated the market there.

Back