CI choice

Ri Sol

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to choose the best option and can't decide.

MedEl is offering 2 processors until August 2015.

I have three options
1. Opus 2 + Rondo
2. Opus 2 + Sonnet
3. Sonnet + Rondo

I like the third option, the cons is that Sonnet doesn't have rechargeable batteries yet. They will be released later, and might cost me around $700.

Please help me?

First check with your insurance, I know Medicare and Kaiser cover the cost of disposable batteries

I don't see the point in getting an Opus 2 at all. The Sonnet is replacing it as the latest BTE with more functionality.

It should be a consideration of two Sonnets or 1 Sonnet and 1 Rondo.

Forget the Opus 2.

Disposable batteries last longer than rechargeable .. at least with Cochlear brand.

Thank you all for the answers!

The surgery was done yesterday. Selected 1 Rondo and 1 Sonnet.
Now trying to schedule follow up appointment, which is not easy...because the doctor is so busy.

Thank you all for the answers!

The surgery was done yesterday. Selected 1 Rondo and 1 Sonnet.
Now trying to schedule follow up appointment, which is not easy...because the doctor is so busy.
You can also change your processor selection prior to making as long as your Audi didn't open the packages. (At least with Cochlear you can)

I already decided to go with Rondo and Sonnet)

I'm trying to call to the office to schedule follow up, and they try to schedule me on July! Crazy...
Calling them all day, and looks like they don't care what happens with the patient after the surgery, and they don't care that I cannot schedule follow up....

I also went MED-EL, I got the newest implant Synchrony, 2 Sonnets and a bonus Rondo as a promotion. Additionally there are 2 vouchers you will get 1 for a Quattro 4.0 neck loop and 1 for a rechargeable battery when they are FDA approved. I'm probably going to return the Rondo and exchange for another Sonnet as I already use the strongest magnet for the coil already .My audi didn't think the Rondo is going to hang on very well.

Good Luck with your activation

I also went MED-EL, I got the newest implant Synchrony, 2 Sonnets and a bonus Rondo as a promotion. Additionally there are 2 vouchers you will get 1 for a Quattro 4.0 neck loop and 1 for a rechargeable battery when they are FDA approved. I'm probably going to return the Rondo and exchange for another Sonnet as I already use the strongest magnet for the coil already .My audi didn't think the Rondo is going to hang on very well.

Good Luck with your activation

Please, give me more info on these vouchers. How did you get 2 Sonnets? They give only one Sonnet + Rondo as promotion.

Please, give me more info on these vouchers. How did you get 2 Sonnets? They give only one Sonnet + Rondo as promotion.

He went to a two processor clinic. That means every patient gets a choice of 2 processors with one intended to be for back-up. This is different from Med El's promotion.

How easy to change Rondo to the Sonnet? I want to try Rondo, but my hair are so thick.
Now I'm not sure if it will strong enough.

I ended up with 2 Sonnets, and 1 Rondo. All is good.
Will be changing my insurance the next year, and think about going bilateral :)

Back