Ci and medicare.....question.

Dollfaye

New Member
I have just been assessed as a candidate for implants. Since I'm currently on Obamacare (don't get me started on THAT), I wanted to postpone the process til I start on Medicare in a couple of months. Are there any older members here who have gotten them through Medicare? I'd be interested to hear about your experience before I choose my supplemental plan.
 

LoveBlue

Well-Known Member
Be aware that medicare has stricter requirements for qualifying for coverage.

If I were on medicare I would not have qualified for mine (just got it in Jan). Under my private plan I did qualify. You should ask the CI audiologist if you qualify under medicare.
 

Dollfaye

New Member
Be aware that medicare has stricter requirements for qualifying for coverage.

If I were on medicare I would not have qualified for mine (just got it in Jan). Under my private plan I did qualify. You should ask the CI audiologist if you qualify under medicare.
Thank you so much for that info, LoveBlue! I was unaware of that fact and will certainly check on it. I'm in a catch-22 situation since I could never afford the high deductible and copays with my private insurance. My hearing loss is quite profound coupled with 3 different tinnitus sounds.....keeping my fingers crossed.
 

cdmeggers

Well-Known Member
Yes, Medicare's criteria is definitely stricter. If I remember right, have to score 40% or worse on speech recognition/HINT to qualify. also, Medicare will cover 80% of the agreed total cost, so you either will have to pay the remaining 20% yourself or have secondary insurance to cover that 20%.
 

Bipul Mahipal

New Member
I brought cochlear nucleus 6(right) and hearing aid resound enzo2(9)(left) with phone clip and multi mic one week ago. It is amazing that i can talk without face to face. My friends who are not deaf; normal person, were shock that i can listen cleared and it was fun. I am very happy to right choice.
 
Top