CI and ability to use electrical devices on face

goldenwolf2

Reaction score
Do any CI users here use electrical devices or stimulators above the neck (but not near the ear)? A lot of these types of devices say that having a CI is a contraindication, but I bet in some cases it's just because they haven't been tested properly. Specifically, I'm interested in trying out the NuFace device, which delivers small microcurrents to facial muscles for cosmetic purposes. I wouldn't use the device within a couple of inches of my ear and wouldn't have the external unit on. However the instruction manual says CI users can't use it - again, has anyone used this or something similar on their head/face and it was OK? Thanks!

Do any CI users here use electrical devices or stimulators above the neck (but not near the ear)? A lot of these types of devices say that having a CI is a contraindication, but I bet in some cases it's just because they haven't been tested properly. Specifically, I'm interested in trying out the NuFace device, which delivers small microcurrents to facial muscles for cosmetic purposes. I wouldn't use the device within a couple of inches of my ear and wouldn't have the external unit on. However the instruction manual says CI users can't use it - again, has anyone used this or something similar on their head/face and it was OK? Thanks!
You should talk to your surgeon.
BTW, your cochlear is behind your cheek just in front of the

Contact your CI manufacturer directly. They would be able to answer that question.

Hello. I was asking the same question Today about the Nuface mini. I called up Cochlear and they never had that question before. They were not too sure and the lady had to ask a Audiologist . She hasn't got back to me yet. They have to look into it. Also I got in touch with my Audiologist and she can't see why not, there is nothing stating that you can't . Also awaiting from my Surgeon. Looks like it should be ok. But as soon as I hear back I will let you know. My nuface is charged and ready to go but I haven't use it yet. Things we do for beauty.

Hi there,
Is there any update on whether or not the Nu Face is suitable for people that have cochlear implants? Thanks :)

Hello. I was asking the same question Today about the Nuface mini. I called up Cochlear and they never had that question before. They were not too sure and the lady had to ask a Audiologist . She hasn't got back to me yet. They have to look into it. Also I got in touch with my Audiologist and she can't see why not, there is nothing stating that you can't . Also awaiting from my Surgeon. Looks like it should be ok. But as soon as I hear back I will let you know. My nuface is charged and ready to go but I haven't use it yet. Things we do for beauty.
Hello there, did you find out if it was ok to use the nuface with a CI

I have 2 cochlears and ha e never heard of that being a proe.m. your implants are so fR into your ear it probably wouldn't even register. I WOULDNT USE IT BY YOUR MAGNETS IN YOUR HEAD THAT THE COIL ATATCHES TO BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT SHOULD BE FINE

I never used a CI or NuFace device. The only device I used was to check my facial skin. I have many skin problems, and if I forget to apply a mask or cream in the morning/night, my skin will look much worsen the next day. So I went to a clinic where I had my skin checked with a skin analyser and was told clauses I should always do in the morning and before bed. Also, I should be wary of some things so that my skin continues to be in good condition. I didn't know before that such devices existed, and I'm delighted that I could take advantage of this clinic's help and the blog on which I learned about it.

Back