Christmas presents

sonocativo

Reaction score
Well, Did my shopping for my son, need to get my grand daughter something and a few more.

I walked the mall twice and could not for the life of me find gifts for people on my list. I shopped as much as I could online but for some reason this year have zero ideas. We did get our tree, it's up with lights and some decorations. Outside is all decorated which is great since this year our whole street put lights up. Lot's of families with young kids moved in. 20 days........

I want to get some Chanukah surprises for my parents and my aunt. We see my hub's sister and her family in December since they celebrate Christmas. Happy Holiday wishes of all kinds to everyone:)

Mother in law is flying in and will stay here with us for a week before Christmas Eve. We will be on 6-hour trip to take my mother in law back to Dallas and have a meatball spaghetti dinner along with salad and rolls on Christmas Eve. It sounds unusual. My hubby and mother in law told me that they had gotten tired of turkey and stuff, so they started the tradition years ago. I only eat pasta, and meat and more salad and rolls, and try to avoid tomato sauce as much as I can, because my stomach doesn't agree with tomato sauce.

On Christmas day, we will have a real Christmas dinner with my father in law and his wife's house along with step-siblings, their spouses, and kids. I hope the weather cooperates nicely when we go back home.

As for presents, everything is going well. I love to order gifts online instead of driving around the stores and malls with my son. It's not worth it! Trying to figure what kind of present to get for my stepsister's hubby. They just celebrated a one year anniversary. I have no idea what to get to him especially he was one of the sons of the late celebrity. I am certain he has everything. I will have to ask her to give me some clues. Maybe I should get him jerky bags. He is a fan of jerky.

Will call my family and nieces and nephews who live on West Coast to wish them Merry Christmas and talk about mundane subjects. I adore my 2 month old great nephews! :)

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all!

Mother in law is flying in and will stay here with us for a week before Christmas Eve. We will be on 6-hour trip to take my mother in law back to Dallas and have a meatball spaghetti dinner along with salad and rolls on Christmas Eve. It sounds unusual. My hubby and mother in law told me that they had gotten tired of turkey and stuff, so they started the tradition years ago. I only eat pasta, and meat and more salad and rolls, and try to avoid tomato sauce as much as I can, because my stomach doesn't agree with tomato sauce.

On Christmas day, we will have a real Christmas dinner with my father in law and his wife's house along with step-siblings, their spouses, and kids. I hope the weather cooperates nicely when we go back home.

As for presents, everything is going well. I love to order gifts online instead of driving around the stores and malls with my son. It's not worth it! Trying to figure what kind of present to get for my stepsister's hubby. They just celebrated a one year anniversary. I have no idea what to get to him especially he was one of the sons of the late celebrity. I am certain he has everything. I will have to ask her to give me some clues. Maybe I should get him jerky bags. He is a fan of jerky.

Will call my family and nieces and nephews who live on West Coast to wish them Merry Christmas and talk about mundane subjects. I adore my 2 month old great nephews! :)

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all!
That's really not unusual at all, We live in a very mixed community ( Blacks, Whites, Mexicans, Asians, Indians, Bosians, and many more ) Next door we have a Mexican family ( family friends for years now) My dad will cook a massive pot of Chili or whatever he is in the mood for, Mom will make chili cheese dip and cookies, candies...ect... While the Mexicans next door make home made Tamales, Quesadillas and other snacks. They will come over as well as other families we are really good friends with in the neighborhood, and exchange all these goodies ( I love the Tamales ) I don't know whats planned for this year yet, but it will be a house full of all walks of life as usual.

Oh, I am a bit sick of tamales now. I need a break for a while to focus my German cuisine now. I am half Mexican and I often get asked to make quesadillas. I often cook Cali-Baja and Mexico City cuisine. They're very similar. Believe it or not, I am anti-flour tortilla. Tex-Mex is okay. I taught my husband how to make quesadillas and he became addicted to it ever since. He told me a few weeks ago, he was listening to the radio about the husband talked about his Mexican wife. He was like, "I've learned that microwaving tortilla is a bad idea. Just use flat pan instead. It tastes so good!" My husband smiled and thought, "Yep that's what my wife taught me years ago."

Last edited:
TCS makes his own jerky to give as gifts. Boy, does our house stink when he does that! :lol:

On Christmas day the family comes over to house for lunch. It's usually casual, which I learned from my mom. At my mom's house we had family members drop in at all times during the day, so we kept ready a pot of Grandma's baked beans, and deli supplies--breads and rolls, meats, cheeses, condiments--so guests could help themselves. My daughter now brings her from-scratch-made macaroni and cheese.

I've gotten some of my shopping done on Amazon. Still got more to do.

Haven't gotten much decorating done. We have the mailbox decorated and the outdoor creche set up, with a spot light.

Haven't yet started cards.

We still have TCS's birthday to celebrate on Thursday.

My tree and decorating are finished...haven't started shopping yet...feel I'm gonna opt for Gift Cards again this year...as I so do dread crowds at the mall and shopping centers...(balance issues)...'course my doggie will get her large stocking full of treats and a visit to the groomers for Xmas....she looks so festive with red bows in her hair...and we will go over to my oldest son's house to celebrate and to be with the kids.

TCS makes his own jerky to give as gifts. Boy, does our house stink when he does that! :lol:

On Christmas day the family comes over to house for lunch. It's usually casual, which I learned from my mom. At my mom's house we had family members drop in at all times during the day, so we kept ready a pot of Grandma's baked beans, and deli supplies--breads and rolls, meats, cheeses, condiments--so guests could help themselves. My daughter now brings her from-scratch-made macaroni and cheese.

I've gotten some of my shopping done on Amazon. Still got more to do.

Haven't gotten much decorating done. We have the mailbox decorated and the outdoor creche set up, with a spot light.

Haven't yet started cards.

We still have TCS's birthday to celebrate on Thursday.

I am curious. Did TCS use dried dehydrator to make jerky?

What cards? :P I'm working on it now.

I walked the mall twice and could not for the life of me find gifts for people on my list. I shopped as much as I could online but for some reason this year have zero ideas. We did get our tree, it's up with lights and some decorations. Outside is all decorated which is great since this year our whole street put lights up. Lot's of families with young kids moved in. 20 days........

May I help? who are these people? what do they like? I like to come up with ideas :)

Fuzzy

Sono, since web orders for this jerky is a minimum of 8 bags(4 oz).... at $6.49 a pop, what can you tell me about bulk orders as I didn't see any reference to that at their website?
Pretty big pieces about 4'"x 4" give or take squares/rectangular/triangular shapes as they are hand packed. 26ct which is $28.00 per bag with a minimum order of 2 to get free shipping. If so you will need to call your order in at 1-800-359-9130.

Back