Christianity: Long lifespans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, thank you!! That's what I am talking about! :D

Now, I still cant find what people were living differently in the Old Testmantion (sp)? Speak of, their cutlure.

Between Adam and Noah these people lived longer. Adam was lived on the earth until he died at 930. Noah died at 950. You see these people lived long and died at nearly 1000 age. The reason for living long is the perfect climate until the flood. After the flood, the age begun to decline because the climate was no longer perfect.

Hmm.. explain it a bit more, can you? Like what?

Well, I understand your point. I also know that in those days there were giants too.

The reason i belive that people lived longer was because of the enviroument that existed in those days. I belive that ther was water covering the whole earth right between air and space. That created a perfect "greenhouse" it was always 70 degrees or around there. There was no seasons. It was like spring year around so plants grew like crazy and were very healthy. Not much deseaises then like today. That's why people lived longer. They didn't even eat meat till after the flood.

Ah, that's good one. Thanks for sharing with us :)

Well, if you are going to look at it from the point of lifestyle, it makes sense that people did not live that long, not jsut because of differences in the calendar year, but because they did not have the means to preserve life and cure illness.
But they were a hardier group of people with a less toxic environment. They also lived in less densely populated areas, thus reducing the spread of contagious diseases.

During the age of the patriarchs, most people started life with heartier constitutions because the detrimental effects of sin hadn't yet passed thru multiple generations. With each passing generation, the effects became worse.

Other than the results of accidents, assault and warfare, the patriarchs didn't require much medical intervention. We are much more dependent on doctors and hospitals now because our bodies have become so fragile, compared to those of the patriarchs.

Babies that were born with serious genetic problems usually died young, and therefor didn't pass on as many genetic problems to later generations. It's only been since "modern medicine" has kept these children alive into adulthood that these physical hereditary disabilities have increased. In the far past, how many children with diabetes or hemophaelia lived to reproductive age? Now, people are kept alive longer thru artificial means. Long ago, people stayed alive longer thru having less degraded bodies.

If it weren't for modern medical care, our current life spans would probably be a lot less than they are now. Our bodies are on a downward spiral, not an upward rise. The effects of sin over the centuries have progressively broken down the human body, not built it up.

What do you mean?

I am trying to think a proper grammar..

If you are 650 years, and how you are so different than your mortal status?
If you live in the culture of longvity, how did it effect on you?
Etc etc?

I hope I am clear. So, the Bible seems not mention at all.. Hmm..

But they were a hardier group of people with a less toxic environment. They also lived in less densely populated areas, thus reducing the spread of contagious diseases.

During the age of the patriarchs, most people started life with heartier constitutions because the detrimental effects of sin hadn't yet passed thru multiple generations. With each passing generation, the effects became worse.

Other than the results of accidents, assault and warfare, the patriarchs didn't require much medical intervention. We are much more dependent on doctors and hospitals now because our bodies have become so fragile, compared to those of the patriarchs.

Babies that were born with serious genetic problems usually died young, and therefor didn't pass on as many genetic problems to later generations. It's only been since "modern medicine" has kept these children alive into adulthood that these physical hereditary disabilities have increased. In the far past, how many children with diabetes or hemophaelia lived to reproductive age? Now, people are kept alive longer thru artificial means. Long ago, people stayed alive longer thru having less degraded bodies.

If it weren't for modern medical care, our current life spans would probably be a lot less than they are now. Our bodies are on a downward spiral, not an upward rise. The effects of sin over the centuries have progressively broken down the human body, not built it up.

Wow, quiet detail and rich infomation! :eek3:

Now I finally get it.. Thank you for sharing with us! :D:D

Well, I understand your point. I also know that in those days there were giants too.

The reason i belive that people lived longer was because of the enviroument that existed in those days. I belive that ther was water covering the whole earth right between air and space. That created a perfect "greenhouse" it was always 70 degrees or around there. There was no seasons. It was like spring year around so plants grew like crazy and were very healthy. Not much deseaises then like today. That's why people lived longer. They didn't even eat meat till after the flood.
Yes, I believe the environment was also a positive influence on longevity.

I am trying to think a proper grammar..

If you are 650 years, and how you are so different than your mortal status?
If you live in the culture of longvity, how did it effect on you?
Etc etc?

I hope I am clear. So, the Bible seems not mention at all.. Hmm..

The Bible doesn't talk about it cause that was not the point of the Bible. I believe it is nothing different than we are today of living to 100 years old.
They didnt' know any different than we do today.

The Bible doesn't talk about it cause that was not the point of the Bible. I believe it is nothing different than we are today of living to 100 years old.
They didnt' know any different than we do today.

Hmm.. I see.

Agreed: environmental adaptation. Our bodies are not so much on a downward spiral, as unable to adapt as quickly as the environment is being polluted and changed. And I agree, the race was more disease free and genetically pure resulting from death of those with any type of genetic illness or predisposition. But genetically healthy adults who acquired infection or had complications with childbirth also died.

Hmm.. I see.
I think the environment, population, bodies less deteriorated by sin, life style, etc., did have some influence on longevity but the bottom line is that God allowed the patriarchs to live long in order to accomplish His specific goals at a specific time in history. That time is passed, and will never be regained even by modern scientists and doctors.

I think the environment, population, bodies less deteriorated by sin, life style, etc., did have some influence on longevity but the bottom line is that God allowed the patriarchs to live long in order to accomplish His specific goals at a specific time in history. That time is passed, and will never be regained even by modern scientists and doctors.

Very good!

...But genetically healthy adults who acquired infection or had complications with childbirth also died.
But those who did not succumb to injury or disease lived a looooonnnnggg time before "old age" did them in. :)

...and then there was Enoch....

Ah.. Probably.

One day, I hopefully can get some answers from any Creationist. I find it very interesting about "immortal" people and their lifestyles. :)

Ah.. Probably.

One day, I hopefully can get some answers from any Creationist. I find it very interesting about "immortal" people and their lifestyles. :)
The linked material that you posted in #23 is basically the Creationist viewpoint.

You'll only get the fully satisfactory answer in Heaven. :)

The linked material that you posted in #23 is basically the Creationist viewpoint.

Yeah, I'd noticed. Aha

You'll only get the fully satisfactory answer in Heaven. :)

Heh, of course.

Speaking of christianity lifespan, it sound like how did that started and when did it started? So, According to the Bible, it was in Jerusalem at Pentecost, 33 C.E. (A.D.) . See Acts 2:48, "And the Lord added to the church daily..", and Acts 11:26, "And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch" .

Christianity originated with the First-Century Christians after the death of Jesus. At that time, the Mosaic Law Covenant ceased to be required for salvation, as the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ replaced the need for constant sacrifices.

As the apostles died off at the end of the first century, Christianity became more blended with politics (the original Christians were politically neutral), and inter-mingled with some Pagan practices, to become what is known as Christianity today.

This was the beginning of the the "name" Christians. The belief that there was going to need to be a Savior actually started with Adam. All the prophets from the beginning taught of the coming of Christ. The institution of the Law of Sacrifice was established with Adam. This law was meant to remind him and his posterity of a greater sacrifice that would need to be made for all mankind.

The term Christian means follower of Christ. Jesus Christ began his ministry in the year 29 C.E. soon after his baptism in the Jordan River. Christianity had begun, yet they were not called "Christians" until a short time after Jesus death. At Antioch they were given the name Christians (Acts 11:25-26).

In the Middle East, around Israel and Egypt. After Jesus came, died and ascended to Heaven, many Jews converted to a new religion called Christianity because they had seen the long-awaited Messiah that the Jewish religion still waits for today. In the Medieval times, Europeans and Catholicism made Christianity what it is today, while Martin Luther and his 95 Thesis started the Protestant Reformation in Europe around the same time.

This what I learned and sometimes it does make sense. As the OT like Adam and Eve, Noah, Methuselah (sp)((longest living) and etc. Sometimes God make a plan for population, the long they live and the more the concieve children as you see population is overwhelming. But as of human using thru the years as of cultural eviroment, diseases and etc begin shorten the lifespan. Hebrews/Jews (OT), christian (NT). There is so much what God has planned that we do not know how or what. God does gives us brain to use. He left us to do what we need to do and use in proper way. But as lifespan differences does affect due of eviroments. And now, like by saying about calendar, today of the age been used jewish calender to equalize our calender. Hebrew language as saying Adam lives more than 900 yrs? I dont think so, its translating from the timeline from Hebrews to our calender age. Eviroment is the key and food we eat and etc. But God is in control of everything and many things we do not understand.

But those who did not succumb to injury or disease lived a looooonnnnggg time before "old age" did them in. :)

...and then there was Enoch....

Agreed. But those today who don't encounter disease of injury live much longer lives than those who do. Perhaps environmental factors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back