Choices

sonocativo

Reaction score
2005-new-beetle-convertible-11.jpg 2008-honda-fit-sport-photo-236505-s-1280x782.jpg So, everything on craigslist is junk.
Went to an old friend working at a major dealership, she may be able to get me into a like new VW Beetle for $2000 with less that 33,000 original miles that was owned by a doctor.
I'm not too fond of the VW, its a convertible as well.

Now, the new shop up the street has a 2008 Honda Fit for $3000. I hate the color (red) but its like new, gets excellent mpg and has plenty of cargo area.

so, trying to figure out if I want to spend 2000 or 3000....lol
exact cars pictured

Last edited:
Like them both...I'd pick the Beetle...but with ur son the Honda might be a better choice.
I don't think I can get the Cooler and tent in the Beetle, so the Honda I think is going to win this battle at 45mpg as well.

I hate red, but I think Ill live with it once the windows are tinted.

I don't think I can get the Cooler and tent in the Beetle, so the Honda I think is going to win this battle at 45mpg as well.

I hate red, but I think Ill live with it once the windows are tinted.

I can see maybe not getting to do it immediately but it don't forget it can be painted a different color.

I like both but for now the red one is better practically speaking. Too bad you can't get both lol. Two for the price of one.

The idea of re painting the red car crossed my mind too (I'm not a fan of red either).

I like both but for now the red one is better practically speaking. Too bad you can't get both lol. Two for the price of one.

The idea of re painting the red car crossed my mind too (I'm not a fan of red either).
The shop that has it, the owner bought it from a customer ( minor body damage) and fixing it. I'm getting a good deal on it as the bluebook on it is double what I'm paying. They would repaint it but I don't have $5000 to spend on a paint job. But, eventually who knows as its an older car anyways, going to get my son and I camping and back as well as a few road trips this summer. 2 more weeks of school and I should have the car by then and we will scoot !

The shop that has it, the owner bought it from a customer ( minor body damage) and fixing it. I'm getting a good deal on it as the bluebook on it is double what I'm paying. They would repaint it but I don't have $5000 to spend on a paint job. But, eventually who knows as its an older car anyways, going to get my son and I camping and back as well as a few road trips this summer. 2 more weeks of school and I should have the car by then and we will scoot !

I can't think of the exact name but every now and then I see an ad of St. Louis TV for a shop that runs specials in the neighborhood of $325 or so. Did a Google and came up with the one I was trying to remember ads from https://www.maaco.com/locations/mo/st-louis-11497/

Maaco , Earl Schieb and all them do crap jobs. That's why its so cheap. A friend had a car done and within a month the paint peeled off in sheets, they didn't sand or prep it as advertised, they just mask it and spray....even over dirt... The rockers were caked with mud and they just sprayed paint right over the mud, no washing, nothing.

Its official, The FIT will be mine. Went up to the shop tonight to hang out and talk to the owner, we looked the car over and he explained what parts he was waiting on to finish it. It will be painted and buffed out to look showroom new. I am excited !
It has the better motor in it a V-tech 1.5L 5 speed manual, averages 45mpg on highway , starts and runs smooth and quiet. Will be inspected and ready to go in a little over a week. zoom zoom

Its official, The FIT will be mine. Went up to the shop tonight to hang out and talk to the owner, we looked the car over and he explained what parts he was waiting on to finish it. It will be painted and buffed out to look showroom new. I am excited !
It has the better motor in it a V-tech 1.5L 5 speed manual, averages 45mpg on highway , starts and runs smooth and quiet. Will be inspected and ready to go in a little over a week. zoom zoom

Did you happen to think of the theft protection that manual transmission might offer? I have seen stories from a number to different cities/towns where cars have been left because the the thief could not drive a manual and found it after getting as far as getting in the car.

Back