Childs behavior

I know. :( When I had frequent migraine headaches, my dad was certain that I was trying to get out of work - never mind the fact every time I have them, I have to shut myself in the darkest room which was the bathroom and wait it out. And I do not like in dark rooms cuz it's impossible to understand everyone around me.

Once he made me go to work after I threw up four times because I needed to learn the value of hard work. My boss made me go back home as it was clear to her I was in no condition to work. She said I sounded like I had the croup.

I don't tell my parents about the pain that I have unless it's quite extreme because neither of them are very sympathic to me when I'm in a lot of pain.

When I got an infection shorty after my heart bypass surgery, I had to use a body vac. My first nurse put the body vac in me and that caused a great deal of pain.

I didn't find out till later tthat she had not put it in the proper way and that's what caused me so much pain. I screamed in the pain and yelled this isn't acceptable and that I didn't want to use the body vac again cuz it was so painful.

My mother told me she was embrassed by my behavior and my dad told me I had to learn to mangage pain.

It took a long time for my second nurse to get me to relax when I had to change dressings just before they put the body vac in me again.

Damn, shame on your parents for having no sympathy for you. I'm sorry you had to go through that hon. :hug:

Back