Childhood's End

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's on the SyFy channel, a three-part series. I'm going to watch it since I read it in high school English class. I hope it's faithful to the novel but you know how that usually goes.

Childhood's End

So far I've watched episode one and I have to say so far it's not bad for a made-for-tv movie. SyFy has disappointed me many times in the past with cheesy dialogue and bad acting but this time they're making progress.

The movie does bring up an interesting premise about a potential alien visit: would we want them even with their superior technology? And do the aliens have a right to play god with us intervening and telling us what to do despite our objections?

And I find it funny but true in how I can see people would be irrationally paranoid about an alien race no matter how good the aliens intentions are. I like how the leader of the resistance movement said he'd rather die under his control than thrive under the aliens.

The special effects are pretty amazing and the dialogue isn't as cheesy as I thought it would be.

Overall I like it so far given it's a made-for-tv movie.

I never heard of this book , I am going to see if my library has it. I hope show is true to the book . I hate it when a good book is chopped up in a movie .

:hmm:never heard of book or movie either..hub and I like to watch many sci fi things, maybe we'll look for it! :ty:for bringing it up, Reba!

So I watched all 3 episodes, well more like skimmed them. I got a little bored and fast forwarded some scenes. It wasn't bad but I didn't like how everything was kind of vague and formulaic. And that ending... could that be more underwhelming, "gosh earth blew up, whatevs I'm outta here"

Back