Childhood Home

Hex

Reaction score
So today I decided to take a trip down memory lane to my old foster parents house they use to own before they moved to Maine well when I arrived needless to say I was in a state of shock the house and property was well let's just say it was abandoned well I walked around and found some of my old stuff I was sad and happy all at once has anyone ever been in a similar situation I don't really know how to feel I'm so overcome with memories I don't know where I'm going with this thank you for reading :neutral:

Yes, I have done this before too. I grew up next to a ranch in Florida, and when I went there, it had been many many years since my last visit. The ranch was no longer there, and you would never have been able to tell it was once a ranch. It is overgrown with trees and weeds now. It was very sad for me to see it.

Some of the sweetest memories of my life were when I went to visit my neighbors at the ranch.

Grew up in this house.... so much changed since 30 years ago.

eed43473485444813701843aeefbd126.png

Yes, I have done this before too. I grew up next to a ranch in Florida, and when I went there, it had been many many years since my last visit. The ranch was no longer there, and you would never have been able to tell it was once a ranch. It is overgrown with trees and weeds now. It was very sad for me to see it.

Some of the sweetest memories of my life were when I went to visit my neighbors at the ranch.

Last edited:
I haven't been back to my childhood home in at least 15 years since parents moved. I've seen it on googlemaps (they chopped down our 'picture tree'!!!!). Really wish I could go back and see inside again to see how it looks now. Same with the Victorian style house aunt had (it's on the National Historic Society Register - along with the rest of the block). Would love to see if anything was changed on the third floor where I lived. Miss that house.

Great thread!...Yes, many, many years ago I went back to NC to see my old home. High on a hill and a dirt road, close to a creek named Welch's Creek (where we fished for those red fin pikes and catfish)...Weeds were so high, I could not or even would not go inside that old, old house...Snakes (more than likely) and the house was almost down to the ground...Got the pixs somewhere....Even after all these years, that road is still not paved...Backwoods....20 miles to the closest town.

Great thread!...Yes, many, many years ago I went back to NC to see my old home. High on a hill and a dirt road, close to a creek named Welch's Creek (where we fished for those red fin pikes and catfish)...Weeds were so high, I could not or even would not go inside that old, old house...Snakes (more than likely) and the house was almost down to the ground...Got the pixs somewhere....Even after all these years, that road is still not paved...Backwoods....20 miles to the closest town.

Also, I wrote a poem about the old house....
"Welch's Creek"
I strolled back down that lonely dirt road.
Back on home...that was so long ago.
Remembering the cool breeze that blew in the trees,
and the daffodils that swayed in union with the leaves.
My old home, I looked upon you
So high above the ground
So cold with the winter chill
and how I snuggled deep down into that feather bed.
And Grandma up at dawn to light the fire
... that old Oak tree that still stands
but seemingly laughs with glee.
Remembering me sitting beneath her trunk...my dolls spread out
As I talked of their home..so high above in the limbs.

I want to run back on Home...just once again!
with my childhood memories...
Does that old House still stand alone?
Back on home...where it all began.

Back