Chicago's 'out of control' violence produces 762 homicides in 2016

Here is a site that keeps track of Chicago shooting stats an has been for several years. It is very comprehensive.

black-on-black crimes. same as Baltimore. Old scores settled. Police have to be careful.

^^^ Not always, some whites are victim, especially robbery and assault.

And yet Chicago has the most restrictive gun control laws of any state. Further proof gun control laws dont work.

And yet Chicago has the most restrictive gun control laws of any state. Further proof gun control laws dont work.

Not anymore after US Supreme Court ruling in 2010.

Guns aren't big issue, but poverty, job and education are big problems in Chicago.

Chicago only want to beef up the prosecution for gun crimes, even GOP governor support that as well.

California has most restrictive gun laws but crime in LA is much lower than Chicago.

Seems The Man has threatened to send in the Feds if the Mayor can't clean up Chicago....

Seems The Man has threatened to send in the Feds if the Mayor can't clean up Chicago....

Good luck, but it will be actually more federal agents to get involved to speed up the prosecution on gun crimes and invoke RICO on gangs.

I believed that President Reagan did that as well when homicide rates were awful in 1980s, also I think President Nixon did when homicide rate skyrocketed in late 1960s and 1970s.

I wonder what caused the spike in Chicago gun violence.

Gangs, lack of education, no job, growing of anti-police presence, lack of investors and poverty.

I read some posts from retired police officer that worked at LAPD that explained his experience with bad neighborhood with gangs and high crime rate during 80s and 90s. Now, LA is improving very much since Chicago is still suffering.

It will be matter of time for Houston to surpassing Chicago as 3rd most population. If I was given a choice - Chicago or LA so I'm going take LA.

Back