Chest binding

Compressing body tissue loosens it, makes it less firm (especially in that area). Most folks seem to experience more sagging and jiggling. My chest was relatively small and compact to begin with, so for me that meant that - during the times I wanted (or needed) to take a break from binding - it stuck out further, and the extra jiggling drew more attention to it.

(If you're very involved in the Deaf community, you know that can mean some potentially uncomfortable questions/comments, given the cultural bluntness. I usually find it so much more reasonable than the indirect communication of the hearing world, but it can get complicated around trans issues. Of course, hearing people can ask a lot of personal questions about it, too, and then it's mostly just rude!)

For some folks with bigger chest, though, the sagging can actually mean that chest tissue will lie flatter (& lower) along the body, which some find a desirable outcome. It's irreversible, and impossible to predict exactly how your body will respond, and of course I can't represent everyone's experience, but I think those are the most common effects. I hope that's helpful?

Thanks yes this was very helpful.

If they are not very large, some people use an Ace bandage which is very inexpensive. It doesn't work as well if they are very large. Others use one or more sports bras but again it is less effective if they are large.
DO NOT. I REPEAT, DO NOT use ace bandages to bind. Even if you are careful ace bandages can break your ribs and cause some major medical problems, it is incredibly dangerous. Ace bandages are meant to immobilize joints, they get tighter with any movement so you don't twist your ankle or wrench your shoulder. Please for the love of god don't do that. Using double sports bra's however is a safe and somewhat effective option, but do not do strenuous exercise such as running, because you can pass out. That also applies to binder's btw.

DO NOT. I REPEAT, DO NOT use ace bandages to bind. Even if you are careful ace bandages can break your ribs and cause some major medical problems, it is incredibly dangerous. Ace bandages are meant to immobilize joints, they get tighter with any movement so you don't twist your ankle or wrench your shoulder. Please for the love of god don't do that. Using double sports bra's however is a safe and somewhat effective option, but do not do strenuous exercise such as running, because you can pass out. That also applies to binder's btw.

Thank you, I know about ace bandages being dangerous and I do not plan on binding with them. I've been using Slightly tight sports bras. But I did not know about the exercsing part, thank you :):ty:

Thank you, I know about ace bandages being dangerous and I do not plan on binding with them. I've been using Slightly tight sports bras. But I did not know about the exercsing part, thank you :):ty:
Your welcome. Binders constrict the chest (duh) much like corsets did in the Victorian era, that's part of why ladies fainted so much back then. It restricts your ability to take deep breaths because your body has to fight against something to expand, and that can become an issue for oxygen intake. While resting that usually isn't an issue, but anything more than light exercise and you can pass out.

Your welcome. Binders constrict the chest (duh) much like corsets did in the Victorian era, that's part of why ladies fainted so much back then. It restricts your ability to take deep breaths because your body has to fight against something to expand, and that can become an issue for oxygen intake. While resting that usually isn't an issue, but anything more than light exercise and you can pass out.

Wow I didn't know that, that's really interesting. Thanks and I'll be sure to be careful.

This is a fun true fact. I wore corsets for 3 years and was easy winded. I never fainted but came close a few times. 'I seemed to catch the vapers.' Hahaha

look into getting top surgery if you can, your insurance might cover your surgery I got top surgery as first thing before binding thing. my insurance paid for my top surgery.

Speaking of binding , I can think of better ways of minizing a very large chest. I tried binding. Uh..never again. :p. it was very hard to breahe. Binding very large chests is not recommended. :p

It may or may not make u passable as a man (I'm assuming u're pre-OP and haven't recieved your hormones yet ) but here are some suggestions: wearing plaid shirts in cool colors really help to make large chests seem smaller.

Shirts with v necklines help make large chests seem smaller.

In any case, I hope that your body finally mathces how u see your self in the near future.

Back