Cheetah introduces himself

Cheetah

Cheetah Consulting-Closed
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all! :wave:

My name is Cheetah, well ok, that's not my REAL name.... I've got to keep some secrets! I am deaf with one CI, I will get a second early next year.

I am a 42 year old male and recently divorced. I took the divorce really hard and am still recovering from it. I do have a girlfriend now... so, sorry ladies!

I consider myself deaf with Deaf tendencies! I grew up oral and attended an oral deaf school. After High School I went to S. Korea as an exchange student. My first sign language was Korean sign language and then when I returned to the US I started at a community college and learned ASL as part of an interpreter training program. After failing to make the grade as an Interpreter (seem hearing is a requirement) I went to Gallaudet University to study English. I ended up majoring in Computer Science instead.

I now work as an IT professional at a fortune 50 company in the D.C. area and I live between Baltimore and DC in Maryland.

My dreams and aspirations is to own my own vineyard and winery. And yes, I do make my own wine from time to time.

What else would you like to know about me? :hmm:

welcome...I missed you by 4 years. Went to Gally grad school from 00 to 02. I live in Maryland too. Maybe we have met?

Welcome! :)

What kind of wine? I am a big wine fan.

Mostly Whites because they are easier. But I would like to make a big red some day! The biggest drawback is a big red take a long time to mature and who wants to wait???

welcome...I missed you by 4 years. Went to Gally grad school from 00 to 02. I live in Maryland too. Maybe we have met?

Anything is possible! My ex wife is very active in the deaf community so possibly more people know her than me. But I do go to the Baltimore Professional Deaf Happy Hour from time to time.

Btw...I love wine myself. My favorite is the Jazzberry fro@m Boordy Vineyards

Btw...I love wine myself. My favorite is the Jazzberry fro@m Boordy Vineyards

Jazzberry is fantastic!!! Now I will have to stop by the wine store on my way home and get some Jazzberry! :lol:

I am a huge wine fan too! Love sweet wines mostly, is Jazzberry sweet? I haven't tried that one yet.
My partner was trying to convince me that I should get my interpreter license... then i told her... sorry can't hear... she laughed at me.
when did you get your ci? what made you decide to get it and what made you decide to get the second one?
We have similar current careers, I am a computer repair tech, and do professional IT management (outsourced) for small to medium companies, as well as the everyday individual repair. How do you like it?

What is your favorite work of fiction?

My favorite author of all time is Katharine Kerr. She writes the Devrry series. I started reading her series in High School and rediscovered it again about 10 years ago. She just wrote the final book a couple of years ago. I almost cried because I didn't want it to be over.

My second favorite is the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Don't bother with the movie though, it doesn't even come close to doing the book justice.

I've been reading all of the star wars book as they come out as well.

The last autobiography I read was Chinaberry Sidewalk by Rodney Crowell. I cannot remember the last time a book made me laugh so hard!!! I loved this book!

As you can see, I love to read books. I also enjoy writing too. I am currently working on a series of shorts about a little girl named Lilly. Lilly is deaf and her parents were murdered. But just before her father died, he gave Lilly a secret - "Find Mr. Turtle". I cannot wait to find out how this story turns out! :)

My favorite author of all time is Katharine Kerr. She writes the Devrry series. I started reading her series in High School and rediscovered it again about 10 years ago. She just wrote the final book a couple of years ago. I almost cried because I didn't want it to be over.

My second favorite is the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Don't bother with the movie though, it doesn't even come close to doing the book justice.

The last autobiography I read was Chinaberry Sidewalk by Rodney Crowell. I cannot remember the last time a book made me laugh so hard!!! I loved this book!

As you can see, I love to read books. I also enjoy writing too. I am currently working on a series of shorts about a little girl named Lilly. Lilly is deaf and her parents were murdered. But just before her father died, he gave Lilly a secret - "Find Mr. Turtle". I cannot wait to find out how this story turns out! :)

Great! And I hope you get your work published.

I would love to read that... I am always interested in new books, new story concepts. "find mr. turtle" sounds very interesting.

Did you stop by and get the wine? :)

Back