Chastity Bono announces sex change

Kalista

Premium Member
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES – Chastity Bono is having a sex change to become a man. A spokesman for Bono, born a girl to Sonny and Cher, says he "has made the courageous decision to honor his true identity" and began the sex-change process earlier this year. Publicist Howard Bragman said Bono is proud of his decision and hopes "that his choice to transition will open the hearts and minds of the public regarding this issue."

The 40-year-old writer, activist and reality-TV star came out as gay 20 years ago, Bragman said.

In the book "Family Outing: A Guide to the Coming-Out Process for Gays, Lesbians, & Their Families," Bono describes the realization of being "somehow different — specifically different from who my mom expected me to be."

A message left with Cher's representatives was not immediately returned Thursday.

Bono's second book, "The End of Innocence: A Memoir," details how relationships with Joan, a lover, and Sonny and Cher changed after coming out.

In 1995, Bono posed for the cover of the gay magazine The Advocate and began working for the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD).

Chastity Bono announces sex change - Yahoo! News

[response to the non-existed thread removed by Mod]

I think it is wonderful that Chaz is fulfilling what he has always known all his life. He's a man, not a two spirited person. Chaz is an advocate for civil rights as well and to pursue his own personal path is even amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cher's daughter undergoing gender reassignment process

Cher's daughter undergoing gender reassignment process - MSN Music News

Cher's daughter undergoing gender reassignment process
June 11, 2009, 3:20 PM EST
Entertainment Tonight

ET has confirmed Sonny Bono and Cher's daughter, Chastity Bono, is in the process of transitioning from a female to a male.

Chastity is in the early stages of the gender reassignment and started the process earlier this year following his 40th birthday.

Bono's publicist told ET, "Yes, it's true -- Chaz, after many years of consideration, has made the courageous decision to honor his true identity."

"He is proud of his decision and grateful for the support and respect that has already been shown by his loved ones. It is Chaz's hope that his choice to transition will open the hearts and minds of the public regarding this issue, just as his 'coming out' did nearly 20 years ago," the rep went on to say.

The rep also asked for the media to respect Chaz's privacy, and noted that he will not be doing interviews at this time.

Very interesting with Chaz's true Identity!!!

OMG... I remember when Chasity/Chaz was introduced on the Sonny and Cher Show ...barely.

Mod's Note:

Threads have been merged and moved to the proper location.

OMG... I remember when Chasity/Chaz was introduced on the Sonny and Cher Show ...barely.

Yeah, when they would bring her out when she was about one and a half or two years old. Who'da thunk that 40 years later she'd be turning into a guy! Now it's hard not to wonder if she rebelled at wearing those cute little dresses, or burned her Barbie dolls and cried for a GI Joe!

Back