Chapter One

lilredridinhood

Reaction score
Chapter 1

Driving home from her internship with Dr. Vigar, Allie turns on the radio. “It’s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine…” blasts from the speakers. A smile creeps on her face. This is Tom’s favorite song. All of a sudden, she was overcome with the urge to see him. Hold him. Kiss him. To smell him… ‘Allie… it’s late. Tom’s probably in bed. You’ll see him tomorrow night.’

Flipping the channels, Tom groans. ‘There’s nothing on T.V. Why is it that there’s never any good shit on T.V. on Sunday nights?’ With a sigh, he stands and walks to his bedroom. Perhaps the best thing to do would be to retire for the night. After all, he had a long day tomorrow. Only if he could see Allie, his mood would improve. Tomorrow was only a few hours away.

“Come here you little vixen, I’ve missed you more than you could ever imagine” Tom growls.
Laughing, Allie pushes Tom off and opens the bedroom door.
“What, you’re leaving me?” Tom whined.
“We have all weekend, Tom. I’m sure we won’t even sleep a wink while we’re here you little baby.” Allie winked. “Besides, our stuff’s still in the car… which’s unlocked. And it’s about to storm outside.”
Stepping into the dark hallway, she fumbles for the light switch.
“And God said, ‘There shall be light.’” Tom whispers.
Jumping, Allie laughed, “Could you be any bigger of a dork?”
Turning the lights on, the cheerful couple walks into the living room. A woman wearing a tattered robe stands in the middle of the room with her head bowed and her hands in fists by her sides.
“Excuse me, miss? This is our cabin, are you lost or something?” Tom asks, his heart racing.
Allie grabs onto Tom and puts her trembling hands into his. The woman slowly raises her head with her eyes closed and starts rocking back and forth on her feet, her hands squeezing tighter and tighter until the white on her knuckles were visible.
“What’s wrong with her? Is she, like, mental or something?” Allie whispers to Tom. He shushes her.
Her eyes snapping open, revealing total black, the woman whispers in a deep, ghastly voice, “This is not the place for you to be. Get out of here while you still can.”
With a boom, the front door swings open, letting in the howls from the storm. In the blink of an eye, the woman is gone. All that is left of her are muddy footprints from the center of the living room to the door.
Closing the door slowly, Tom looks at Allie. She’s sitting with her knees to her chest in the far corner, trembling.
He starts to take a few steps towards her, and she commands, “Lock the doors. Lock all the windows.”
With a sigh, he turns back to the door and turns the lock. Walking around the small cabin, he checks all the windows and locks them. ‘Great way to ruin the night. Now I’ll never get laid.’ Tom muttered. Making his way back into the living room, he hears whispers. Too low to make out what is being said, but just loud enough to detect more than one voice.
“Allie?” He shouted. No response. Frantically, he quickens his pace. Stepping into the living room, he sees that Allie is quick asleep, curled in the fetal position. Her lips are moving swiftly as if she is holding a conversation.
Picking her up, he carried her into the bedroom and put her under the sheets. He headed out to get what they would need in the morning from the car before the storm got too bad.
Her eyes fluttering open, barely audible, she whispers “Tom. Help me. Help me please.”

Back