Chapter 2

lilredridinhood

Reaction score
The sunshine streaming in through the partially open curtains slowly woke Allie up. With a sigh, she opened her eyes. For a moment, she didn’t know where she was. A smile crept on her face when she saw Tom sleeping by her side, his arms around her. Who couldn’t love him? Slowly she slid out of Tom’s grip and went to the bathroom.
Tying on a robe, she walked into the kitchen and looked for breakfast. Eggs, bacon, and pancakes sounded good. Opening the cabinets, she got some pans and got to cooking.
Waking up to the smell of delicious food, Tom started to awake. Reaching over to Allie’s side, he woke with a start. Where was she? Rational thought soon made its way and panic ceased. She was probably cooking breakfast.
Walking into the kitchen, he saw her leaning on her tiptoes to try to reach a plate. God, she was beautiful, even in the morning, her hair a mess without a smidge of make up on. He stands in the doorway, admiring her for a while.
Finally reaching the plate, she turned around. With a huge smile, she walked up to Tom and kissed him on the cheek.
“’Morning, sleepy head. Breakfast will be ready in about 15 minutes.”
Tom looked at her in amazement. It was like nothing happened last night. She twirled around and started cooking the pancakes. He watched for a while then walked outside. Lighting up a cigarette, he enjoyed the view. They were on a cabin overlooking a lake, with nary a soul to be seen for miles. It was so peaceful, he wondered if the woman last night had just been a part of his dream. It felt too real to be a dream but he shrugged it off.
“Tommie! Everything’s ready so get your ass in here!” Allie sang from the kitchen.
Stepping out the cigarette, Tom walked back into the cabin. He grabbed his plate of food and they headed into the living room. He paused. The muddy tracks were still there. Waiting to see if Allie noticed, he fidgeted with his fork.
“Aren’t you going to sit down?” Allie looked at him.
“Ah, yeah, I’m still not all awake yet, sorry honey.” Tom kissed her on the forehead and sat down. Allie started going through all the things they could do today. After a while, Allie stopped talking and started eating.
“How do you know so much about this place?” Tom asked after a few minutes of awkward silence.
Allie paused to think for a while and shrugged. “Maybe I just saw the things on the bulletboard at the lodge.” Looking up, she smiled “But that’s not important is it? The important thing is that we’re here, we’re alone, and we’ve got all day to do whatever we desire.”
His expression blank, Tom nodded.
“Look, if this is about last night...” Allie started to say.
“So you remember last night? For a minute I thought I was going crazy in this place.” Tom sighed.
“Yeah, well listen, I’m sorry, I know we had big plans last night but I was just so tired from the long drive and I just fell asleep. I’m sorry; I’ll make it up to you… I promise.” Allie explained.
“Well, I wasn’t talking about that… don’t you remember the weird lady from last night?” inquired Tom.
“What weird lady? Honey, what are you talking about?” Allie shook her head, “Wait, are you talking about that homeless lady at the gas station? Honey, why are you even thinking of her?”
Bowing his head and sighing, “Never mind, it’s not a big deal. Maybe I’m just hallucanting. I have been working a little too hard lately. Alright, who’s up for a hike?”
Jumping up and grabbing the plates, Allie squealed, “I am! Get dressed!”

*keep in mind that this is a work in progress and i'll be bound to revise and revise and REVISE all the chapters about.. 300 times. :)

Back