Cellphone with front facing camera coming soon to the US!

Dennis S.

Reaction score
Sprint just announced their HTC EVO 4G phone with a front facing camera:
HTC EVO 4G is Sprint's Android-powered knight in superphone armor, we go hands-on -- Engadget

Holy cow! Mobile video on my cell phone with email, text, and IM! Yayyyyyy!

Specs include a 1.3 megapixel front facing camera - excellent!

htc-evo-4g-big.jpg

That camera is NOT forward facing. You will notice in the video that the camera is on the BACK, and the part where the tester was testing the video camera, it wasn't pointed toward the man holding the camera. It was pointed toward the back of the camera, another man using a laptop computer.

Yes, I know... the text said "front facing", but it isn't :(

The new DSi has two camera lenses and connects to wifi. Now, if my kid will only let me borrow it. . .

My kids pooled their Christmas money and bought it. (Grandparents keep them well funded.) They wanted the latest, greatest DS to play their games. The kids are really good about sharing it, but I haven't played with it yet. I just helped my youngest set up the internet features. It's great to keep kids occupied while traveling.

I still have an ancient phone. If I ever get to play with it, I'll let you know. lol

our son have a DSi, but he doesn't have access to wifi or Ds chat because I blocked it (there's no need for him to access to it, he can use our computer if he want to get on the internet)

It would be a nice tool for videophone with an internet access, but it is also sluggish.

That camera is NOT forward facing. You will notice in the video that the camera is on the BACK, and the part where the tester was testing the video camera, it wasn't pointed toward the man holding the camera. It was pointed toward the back of the camera, another man using a laptop computer.

Yes it has 1.3mp camera on front facing and 8mp on back.

frontback

Sprint's 4G service really lacks in most area's, I read they are piggy-backing off clearwire's service in many locations. Which for most people unless they live in one of those cities, means NO 4G service. Which really kills the main reason this phone would be nice. I will get next gen. iPhone, and I wish it was 4g ready but the towers wont be around for a while, eventually 2 way video chat phones, with 4g, wi-max or LTE will be out, but i would say we are about 2 years away...

Sprint's 4G service really lacks in most area's, I read they are piggy-backing off clearwire's service in many locations. Which for most people unless they live in one of those cities, means NO 4G service. Which really kills the main reason this phone would be nice. I will get next gen. iPhone, and I wish it was 4g ready but the towers wont be around for a while, eventually 2 way video chat phones, with 4g, wi-max or LTE will be out, but i would say we are about 2 years away...

Sprint's supposed to have 120 million people covered with 4G by the end of this year, stretching "coast to coast."

On a path to equip an expected 120 million Americans by end of the year with a mobile Internet experience that is turbo-charged, Sprint (NYSE:S) today announced plans to bring 4G technology to several additional markets, including Los Angeles and Miami

Sprint 4G Expansion Plans to Stretch Coast-to-Coast from Los Angeles to Miami | EON: Enhanced Online News

Sprint also seems to own a majority of Clearwire, so they're not exactly "piggybacking" off 'em.

Clearwire to expand to L.A., Miami, St. Louis - Yahoo! Finance

Monthly plan for 4G is little expensive at $69.00

Deafscooter have Nokia N70 Cell phone w Front Video Camera
Since 2005 and USA never have until 2010 ! => Here is =>>

attachment.php

That i still current use as long time in Asia Country

and

I current use my Own Cell Phone is Sony Ericsson K850i

Also I have better Video Conferencing in Pocket Netbook

attachment.php

and

Who cares? That's old phone.

Only 1.3 megapixel? lol

1.3 megapixel front webcam
and
8.0 megapixel rear regular camera.

1.3 megapixel front webcam is the same quality as logitech 9000 webcam so it will be just good for video conferencing on small screen.

Most laptop webcam is only 0.3 megapixel, that phone webcam is better than most laptop webcam LOL :D

There a 1.3 megapixel webcam on the front and a 8.0 megapixel regular camera on the rear as you can see in the other poster photos.

Check the phone specs to verfity

attachment.php

and

In Australia, these phones such as this one, was out within us, and was one of the good phones available, my friend owns one and haven't used it for a long time, since it discontinued. She still has it and it is hard to find nowdays. I used to borrow sometimes, it is a good phone, and these mobile video calling has been used in Australia for the past 4 years - unfortunately the result in this feature is not that very popular however expensive though - it is not that fast when using it.

Who cares? That's old phone.

Yes old phone but one of the excellent phones known.

I lol'ed - we in Australia just recently turned on 4G cell tower in WA few weeks ago - epic win.

1.3 megapixel front webcam
and
8.0 megapixel rear regular camera.

1.3 megapixel front webcam is the same quality as logitech 9000 webcam so it will be just good for video conferencing on small screen.

Most laptop webcam is only 0.3 megapixel, that phone webcam is better than most laptop webcam LOL :D

There a 1.3 megapixel webcam on the front and a 8.0 megapixel regular camera on the rear as you can see in the other poster photos.

Check the phone specs to verfity

No, Logitech Quick Cam Pro 9000 webcam is 2.0 megapixel

Back