CC in TV Guide

Sweet_KJ

Reaction score
Unbelievable they did it.... so act now!

The TV Guide phone number is: 1-800-866-1400. Before you give the operator the number, tell her/him to listen to the recording and choose option #9.......

HI EVERYONE,

I BET YOU NOTICED THAT THE NEW ISSUE OF TV GUIDE (FALL PREVIEW) DOES NOT HAVE CC ICONS. I CALLED TV GUIDE AND WAS SHOCKED TO LEARN THAT THEY REMOVED CC ICONS BECAUSE READERS (I BET THOSE READERS ARE HEARING ONES) FELT THEY WERE NOT USEFUL. I TOLD THE GUY THAT WE DEAF PEOPLE DEPEND ON THOSE ICONS SINCE NOT ALL PROGRAMS ARE CAPTIONED. HE LOGGED MY COMMENTS BUT I THINK IF MORE DEAF PEOPLE CALL, IT WILL HAVE A STRONG IMPACT SO I NEED YOUR HELP... CALL TV GUIDE AND CHOOSE OPTION 9 (VOLUNTEERS TAKE CALLS RE: THE NEW CHANGES). ACT NOW!

Which TV guide? Are you referring to the one everyone gets from the store in the little itty bitty book?

mp030915.jpg

Umm, I checked tvguide.com to see any interesting shows for today. I noticed some shows are shown with CC on them. :dunno:

Ok smarties.... so maybe they show it online but right now in the newly remade TV guides (yes the ones you buy from stores or subscribe to.. which I do) they are now not putting in the "CC" icon for any programs whatsover. And besides the articles in the TV guide are fun to read, you don't get that online :P

But still you should think about the possibility of changing the online version too in the near future unless action is taken!

Interesting...strange why they'd do that. The TV guide I get in Australia -- they have the icon of 'S' for teletext/captions/subtitles. :)

Back