Cat Scan with dye contrast.

Babyblue

Reaction score
I am scheduled for a Cat Scan tomorrow.. I will be injected with a dye to help them view the demons in my head better. :P

I have never had this done before or a dye injected in me.

Have anyone experienced it? What should I expect?

My mother in law had a brain tumor years ago. One thing I remember is she said she could feel the dye and it was hot.

I don't know if that is true, or just a consequence of her illness.

It tickles/warm- tingly.

nothing to worry about-

If you are allergic to lots of things you might ask them to give a syringe full first then wait to make sure you don't react- but reaction to the dye is very rare.

It tickles/warm- tingly.

nothing to worry about-

If you are allergic to lots of things you might ask them to give a syringe full first then wait to make sure you don't react- but reaction to the dye is very rare.

I think I may do that. For the simple fact that I have never been injected with that stuff before. Thanks!

I've had an MRI with contrast and it's the same principle. I've also had kidney function testing requiring dye being injected. You may feel warm when the dye is injected. You may also feel slightly nauseous.

I hope your testing comes back clear! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Is there a cancer risk from the contast die? Any other possible adverse reactions aside from an allergic reaction?

The dye is pretty amazing to feel. you can feel it filling up in your body then once it is done, it goes away quick.

A bit warm.

Wow, Firetiger. I didn't mean for you to be a research monkey. :lol:

I'm getting CT and MRI confused. CT is dye and I think that MRI is different. I need to have both a CT and a MRI. I at least need a neurologist with a clear plan instead of shooting in to the dark. :hmm:

Good luck on your CT, BB! I hope it yields helpful infomormation.

Wow, Firetiger. I didn't mean for you to be a research monkey. :lol:

I'm getting CT and MRI confused. CT is dye and I think that MRI is different. I need to have both a CT and a MRI. I at least need a neurologist with a clear plan instead of shooting in to the dark. :hmm:

Good luck on your CT, BB! I hope it yields helpful information.

No problem, MRI dye is included in some of those links too-

Thank you guys. My appt is at 1 pm today. I will be sure to update you all on it once it is done.

the dye for MRI and CT/CAT scan are different ...I remember feeling like I was on fire when I had my CAT scan...i also had asthma and my lungs didn't like the dye either

I did very well with the dye contrast. It did make me feel HOT all inside. I also had a horrible taste in my mouth from the dye. They said that was normal. It tasted like metal or something wicked bitter!

Now, the results awaits.

I had MRI with dye injected. I am not sure if CAT and MRI are the same thing but I remember being in a long tube with a cage over my face.. I can see how one can get claustrophobia easily. If you are in a tube, just close your eyes and think of some place that you'd rather be .... like beach or whatever.

Back