Car Rental Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay then, we don't know which one to avoid. There is plenty of bad reviews of car rental businesses in the internet. If you're told by a lawyer either yours or SIL's lawyer... then you shouldn't make a thread here.

We told NOT to give any business a bad name for obvious reasons !

Okay then, we don't know which one to avoid. There is plenty of bad reviews of car rental businesses in the internet. If you're told by a lawyer either yours or SIL's lawyer... then you shouldn't make a thread here.
HUH ?? When I said we I mean members of alldeaf were told not to use a businesses name , I said NOTHING about a legal action being taken ! I read here on
alldeaf at one time about someone giving a company a bad rap and that person was told we can't do that ! So I am really surprise you want me to post the name of the company here . That could be an open to a lawsuit for slander ! Don't try to twist my words around !

If that's the case with slander.... Yelp, Consumer Reports, Google, etc wouldn't exist with the customer reviews posted by public.

HUH ?? When I said we I mean members of alldeaf were told not to use a businesses name , I said NOTHING about a legal action being taken ! I read here on
alldeaf at one time about someone giving a company a bad rap and that person was told we can't do that ! So I am really surprise you want me to post the name of the company here . That could be an open to a lawsuit for slander ! Don't try to twist my words around !

Isn't there also something in the rules about being respectful to the mods???

Oh, for heaven's sakes. Any time there's legal issues with yourself or family members, this should not be discussed on a public forum. There are alternate avenues for that, just as Calvin said.

Having written that, I agree this sounds fishy because there isn't a way to prove when the "accident" happened if no one looked under the car at the time of the initial inspection, but the reality is, the rental company is going to contact you AND AND AND the insurance company. So I would suggest that this issue be taken up (discussed) with the insurance company before any damages are paid out.

So, WDYS, if you don't want to disclose the company or the actions being taken, don't post a thread here and then complain about being asked for details. Enough said.

they wil sneek around and get all these threads from an unrelated source to use against them in the court of looney tunes.

LOL Sono.

I read here on
alldeaf at one time about someone giving a company a bad rap and that person was told we can't do that ! So I am really surprise you want me to post the name of the company here . That could be an open to a lawsuit for slander !

Most times companies don't have the time to chase down specific reviews or "slander" on the web anyway. Almost all places do have a social media person these days (one friend did do something like that for a really small car dealership for a short time- some place in WA).

About the "you can't reveal a name if you post a negative review or bad things"....I have never seen anything like this. There are times yes when you shouldn't post information- personal info (address, phone etc) or as others have said when there's a legal case going on. That's the only time that forums COULD be liable for what's posted on their site. It's at the discretion of the Admin and/or moderator.

In fact an example-- We see tons of negative/bad stuff said about Sorenson, ZVRS, Purple and so far none have come after AD for slander. :hmm: Lots of posts about certain brands of PCs, Apple, Microsoft, routers like Linksys and D-Link. I could go on but I'll stop there.

LOL Sono.

Most times companies don't have the time to chase down specific reviews or "slander" on the web anyway. Almost all places do have a social media person these days (one friend did do something like that for a really small car dealership for a short time- some place in WA).

About the "you can't reveal a name if you post a negative review or bad things"....I have never seen anything like this. There are times yes when you shouldn't post information- personal info (address, phone etc) or as others have said when there's a legal case going on. That's the only time that forums COULD be liable for what's posted on their site. It's at the discretion of the Admin and/or moderator.

In fact an example-- We see tons of negative/bad stuff said about Sorenson, ZVRS, Purple and so far none have come after AD for slander. :hmm: Lots of posts about certain brands of PCs, Apple, Microsoft, routers like Linksys and D-Link. I could go on but I'll stop there.
Thats because they only look at the most used, popular social media anyways ( Facebook, Twitter...ect..) who has the time to search the entire web for you? No one knows your screen names or websites you have joined unless you voluntarily offer it or use your email for everything? Yeah you can search and find your username in a search but if its not tied to your real name or email address, then youre next to impossible to find.

Facebook sucks.

If that's the case with slander.... Yelp, Consumer Reports, Google, etc wouldn't exist with the customer reviews posted by public.
Then why the HELL did someone on ALLDEAF tell us not to say anything bad about a company !!!!!!!!! :owned:

Oh good grief... there is no rules against posting anything bad about a company in AD. We have seen people posting anti-Sorenson, anti-Purple, etc as post #29 explained and we had seen several posts saying bad things about a company... makes no difference in your own thread.

This thread is closed per your request.

Then why the HELL did someone on ALLDEAF tell us not to say anything bad about a company !!!!!!!!! :owned:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back