Car goes airborne, slams into 2nd floor office.

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
920x920.jpg

SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say two people escaped serious injuries when the car they were in went airborne and slammed into the second floor of a Southern California dental office.

Orange County fire officials say the Nissan Altima hit a center divider early Sunday, soared into the air and plowed into the top floor of the two-story structure in Santa Ana.

The sedan's front half was wedged inside the building while the back half hung out about 10 feet above a sidewalk.

Officials say a small fire injured one person who managed to get out of the car unassisted. Authorities had to rescue the second person.

Crews will use a crane to remove the car from the building.

Investigators are trying to determine if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...fice-second-floor-12497505.php#photo-14884125

The article I read said the driver admitted to taking narcotics and has been arrested for driving under the influence.

I saw that on the news either last night or the night before and they said that the driver admitted to using narcotics.

Oh boy. I wonder what that insurance bill is going to look like.

There's actually footage of the car from a dashboard can as it flew. It's pretty amazing.

Wow! There is no way to avoid that if the timing were any different.

It looks like an apartment building. They probably converted it to the office. Thanks goodness no one is hurt inside.

Back