caption card (PC)

Ice

Reaction score
hey look i aint the brightest so dont laugh if this is dumb, but is there any PC card that will make captions, i have this TV card that i watch TV on the computer but the thing doesnt enabele closed cpations, its a pinnacle pctv pro card

amazes me that doesnt fall under the same guidelines as 13" TVs

Actually, you could be able to find a special patch for the program. But I am aware that there are some softwares including ATI that are equipped with closed-captioning.

It's not the hardwares, it's the softwares.

well i complained to the company as did others on their forum and they basically turned thre back, said it doesnt come wit the card so whatever... sad company so stupid

Actually..if you download digitalized movies...it won't be supplied with cc files. That is why closed caption isn't available. Usually it's subtitles.

When you watch from antenna, cable, or satellite via your tv tuner. The CC files would be supplied which you can use ATI's software to play the closed captions.

You're blaming the wrong people. :(

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Actually..if you download digitalized movies...it won't be supplied with cc files. That is why closed caption isn't available. Usually it's subtitles.

When you watch from antenna, cable, or satellite via your tv tuner. The CC files would be supplied which you can use ATI's software to play the closed captions.

You're blaming the wrong people. :(
He's right. When videos are put on the computer, they are without captions. In order for it to be captioned, you have to have a proper video/movie player and the right movie/video to play. If you don't have both, then you don't get anything.

Back