Can Straights and Gays Be REAL Friends?

Originally posted by Sabrina
I grew up with two best friends gay. One gay got married few years ago. He introduces her husband to me at DeafWay. We hang around together most of that week. They are really hilarious ! I was not using to see them kiss, touch, hugs, etc.. confront of me. At first, I was awkward after while I used do it. As long as they love each other so much. I never saw my best friend is much happier and good healthy. Another gay is still single, we do still hang around together once a while. We are like sister and brother. I have known him since we were little kids.

About 15 years ago, my good friend Frank at my College year. He died of AIDS then few years later his lover died. It was horrible sad to see some gay have AIDS due to poor education and communication from the medical. I am terrible miss Frank. He is a Godfather. I am a Godmother of our best friend's son.

I do have bisexual friends. I can see how much they were so frustrated themselves due to not sure about themselves. I can understand, they were angry with men cuz the men did not treat or honest with them. I do advocate them.

~ Sabrina

AIDS is a very terrible thing.. it can happen to anyone regardless of their sexual orientation/drug activity and so on...

I think straights and/or Gays people can be real friends to each other or not, it's a matter by choice... because yesterday I just met my classmate whose I haven't heard for 2 years and I got a chance to talk to her before I leave for Maryland end of this week, I told her about myself... she said it's no problem... she just liked me for who I am, and she still love me as my friend and she rather me to be my true self and not hide myself... she also add her comment that it's a choice for peole to be friends with each other or not... it's just like some black people won't hang out with white people etc.... I personally myself don't care who I social with, just as long they accept me or understand the fact it's my choice... I hope some of ya agree also...

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
I think straights and/or Gays people can be real friends to each other or not, it's a matter by choice... because yesterday I just met my classmate whose I haven't heard for 2 years and I got a chance to talk to her before I leave for Maryland end of this week, I told her about myself... she said it's no problem... she just liked me for who I am, and she still love me as my friend and she rather me to be my true self and not hide myself... she also add her comment that it's a choice for peole to be friends with each other or not... it's just like some black people won't hang out with white people etc.... I personally myself don't care who I social with, just as long they accept me or understand the fact it's my choice... I hope some of ya agree also...

It's good to see that more and more people are more accepting and understanding about gays and lesbians...plus having no qualms in being friends with them. There's nothing wrong with that. :) I'm so happy that it's happening and the world's been changing...slowly, though...into an accepting society in some places.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can Straights and Gays Be REAL Friends?

Originally posted by Cricket
again thats also a choice... we choose to not to try to be gay/lesbians and do did you.. you choose not to try to be a straight person- you PERFER to be that way... does that help :dunno:
To prefer is to choose.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can Straights and Gays Be REAL Friends?

Originally posted by VamPyroX
To prefer is to choose.

:werd: exactly i agree with vampy....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can Straights and Gays Be REAL Friends?

Originally posted by Cricket
again thats also a choice... we choose to not to try to be gay/lesbians and do did you.. you choose not to try to be a straight person- you PERFER to be that way... does that help :dunno:

No it doesn't help at all. The point is you are ASSUMING I TRIED BOTH - MEN AND WOMEN - and I HAVE NEVER TRIED BOTH, so how can it be a preference or a choice. How can I prefer men to women if I have never been with a woman and don't want to? That's not a preference or a choice, that's just the way I found msyelf. Arguing preference or choice avoids the fact that sexuality is not chosen.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can Straights and Gays Be REAL Friends?

Originally posted by deafbrutha
No it doesn't help at all. The point is you are ASSUMING I TRIED BOTH - MEN AND WOMEN - and I HAVE NEVER TRIED BOTH, so how can it be a preference or a choice. How can I prefer men to women if I have never been with a woman and don't want to? That's not a preference or a choice, that's just the way I found msyelf. Arguing preference or choice avoids the fact that sexuality is not chosen.
If you experienced both and like both but prefer mostly women, it's still considered bi-sexual since you like both. If you prefer to be with the same sex 100%, then that would be gay/lesbian.

Yea they can but it depends what the person personality. I got gay, bi, lesbian friends. Hey theres Boystown in Chicago and its a gay community. You probably seen it from Real World. They are funny and cool. Glad to know them.

I got an odd question...

If the homosexuality preferences aren't a choice...but rather born like that....is it supposed to be considered a disability and would, in the future, USA add homosexuality under the ADA list of disabilities to be protected?

Remember, it's just an odd question.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
I got an odd question...

If the homosexuality preferences aren't a choice...but rather born like that....is it supposed to be considered a disability and would, in the future, USA add homosexuality under the ADA list of disabilities to be protected?

Remember, it's just an odd question.

Homosexuality is NOT a disability. it is not a sin. it is not an illness. it is a perfectly natural way of being. Normal! Anyone who thinks otherwise is an ass! It shouldn't need protecting under any act, it needs the fucking heterosexual world to show some R.E.S.P.E.C.T. find out what I means to me..........WAyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!Respect Ooh babe, with respect

Last edited:
Originally posted by deafbrutha
Homosexuality is NOT a disability. it is not a sin. it is not an illness. it is a perfectly natural way of being. Normal! Anyone who thinks otherwise is an ass! It shouldn't need protecting under any act, it needs the fucking heterosexual world to show some R.E.S.P.E.C.T. find out what I means to me..........WAyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!Respect Ooh babe, with respect

So is being deaf being normal?

Deafness is one of the norms. Discrimination exists form hesitation on how they react with those deaf individuals. The stronghold that we strive to break down.

Homosexuality is also one of the norms. Tradition is what differenate them for worse. Changes are often hard to adapt, therefore homosexuality is not widely accepted. Another stronghold that they strive to break down as well.

In other words....society is changing...and becoming more accepting.

Don't you recall hearing history of how people with deafness were treated several hundred years ago?

Right now today...we even got much more accepted for this deafness.

There's many other more things that had tough times getting accepted. Divorces, tongue piercing and other body piercings (presently it's forked tongue), sex outside of marriage, adultry, non-religion, and so on.....homosexuality is just like the rest on this huge list..

I failed to see where the respect importancy came in to make those things on the list to be more accepted in the present society. I really think it's just one word, fear, that made it harder to be acceptable for all of those things on the list.

In other words....society is changing...and becoming more accepting.

Don't you recall hearing history of how people with deafness were treated several hundred years ago?

Right now today...we even got much more accepted for this deafness.

There's many other more things that had tough times getting accepted. Divorces, tongue piercing and other body piercings (presently it's forked tongue), sex outside of marriage, adultry, non-religion, and so on.....homosexuality is just like the rest on this huge list..

I failed to see where the respect importancy came in to make those things on the list to be more accepted in the present society. I really think it's just one word, fear, that made it harder to be acceptable for all of those things on the list.

Yeah. I agree. The fear of moral decay? Molestation might be next? *shudders*

WOW this is a GOOD debate IM glad someone is posting these good ones and not bashing the heck out of us ! THANKS for making our brains work!

Sure, I am proud of being a faghag of my gay buddies. They can be friends. I have tons of gay/lesbian buddies here and I have no problem with them, even flirt with them (of course, with their permission). Nothing is wrong with that. :D

Of course being Deaf is normal. It is normal to those who are Deaf. We don't any other way of being, other than who we are. What's so normal about being hearing? Only that more people do it, that's all.

Originally posted by LinuxGold
Yeah. I agree. The fear of moral decay? Molestation might be next? *shudders*

I don't think society is becoming more accepting...... if it was, we would see more images of same sex couples in advertising, for example, we would be studying the history of minorites such as Deaf and Gays/ Lesbians in mainstream schools. If that happened, then you could say we are becoming more accepting. If the chruch voted in the affirmative to ordain gay/ Lesbian priests, then that would be accepting. Because there is this big massive divide on the issue, shows that society has still got a long way to go. Then George Bush, romps in and says Mariage is meant for thsoe of the opposite sex - my arse it is - proves that we are not advancing. Our Prime Ministe rin Australia saying marriage is all about procreation [you know fucking with the express purpose of squeezing out brats] manages not only to insult Gays and Lesbians but also Heterosexual couples who cannot have children for one reason or another. Another thing, in this forum where heterosexuals say they accept their gay/ lesbian friends then they qualify it by saying...'As long as they don't hit on me, etc...." proves we have a long way to go.

Yes, it is easier today than it was 20 years ago. But......

Back