Can Ghosts...

Lissa

Premium Member
Reaction score
Quick Question, is it possible for ghost to lift objects? Like just right now, our internet plugged was out of the socket. My mum and I definately did not do it and the only people around are seven months old who were asleep. It's not to say there is definately a ghost but many things over the years have gone missing, even in the old house.

Interesting...

For 6 years or so we lived in a condo made out of the the attic of an old gothic mansion that once was an "institute for nervous women" and still had parts and pieces of the old electroshock equipment and photos of it and the medical staff in place in the hallways. We'd heard the place was haunted and wanted SOOO much to experience it (in a good way, we hoped), but never had the good fortune. I was a beautiful place, though, in a creepy way.

I believe it can happen, but haven't experienced it

I've had experience with ghost. I prefer to call them spirits because I do not not know if it's a human enity or a non-human enity. I've had something around me my entire life but other events have happened as well that points to more than a few I've come into contact with. My mother who died December of 2001 is always welcome to visit, the other one a non-enity that is not good to have around is not and has not made an appearence thankfully since 2008.

The short answer is yes and no. How old are you? I ask because there is a phenomenon associated with poltergist activity sometimes with the young ones that are NOT associated with ghost or spirits. Its difficult to explain but sometimes the objects being moved are being moved by the persons own energy or thought forms they've created. Sometimes over emotional teenagers can attract spirits but for the most part according to my research and personal experience with this area as well, it's not. You will have nothing to be afraid of.

If you ever encounter a ghost or actual spirit...you will know that is what it is for sure. I cannot describe that feeling. It will either be one of peace for a good one or one of dread for one that does not need to be there, period.

Hope you find the cause-it could be that the wire is not staying in the socket for physical reasons that have nothing to do with paranormal activity. I would rule out anything that can cause this to happen before wondering if it's a spirit. :)

If it is and you don't want it there, burn sage and lemon grass afterwards and you can use sandle wood incense as well. Placing an ameythest stone that has NOT been in that room before will also keep things out.

yeah...I'm into all of this....
its obvious :)

edit ***I should mention that that for the most part a ghost cannot hurt you. If it's a ghost and it's friendly and likes to play pranks I see no reason why it cannot stay around. If it's the other kind-demonic you will need to make sure that this ghost is friendly because the evil kind will come off as friendly and the activity will get worse, you may start to have nightmares, you may see a dark shadow from time to time and if you feel a horrible dreadful feeling it's not a friendly ghost. Keep track of what this ghost does, how it makes you feel if you think it's a ghost. If you FOR ANY REASON feel fear to the point you question if it's demonic or not...it then has shown it's true face. I have delt with the demonic and still do when it comes back. IF this turns out to be the case down the road, years from now even I strongly advise that you do not out of anger one day call it to you to use for a bidding. If you're a teenager, do not ever do this. I did when I was a teenager and I'm 29 and it's still around. Best thing to do is do not speak to it unless commanding it to leave, do not acknowledge the things it does and seek professional help from a paranormal expert on this-not just a priest. I had a priest that came to my parents home and he annointed me and my room and performed a blessing. It worked for a little while but came back. You will need a paranormal group to assist you WITH a priest if this is demonic. Just becareful when befriending an enity and please I say this from personal experience make sure the spirit is friendly and not the other kind and if you have any doubt or are not comfortable doing this...get rid if it and now. ***

I may seem over dramatic here but this is nothing to joke around with, even if it's a friendly ghost. If it steals your socks like mine does and silveware...
you have a prankster on your hands and are nothing to worry about. The other kind...yep.

I thought about this for a few minutes before I responded and my opinion went back and forth.

Have you guys ever watched the show "Ghost Hunters"? Most of the time they figure out a logical explanation for what is happening, but once in awhile there isn't one. Very spooky :shock:

I think it's just family members that have passed away. No worries here :)

A few years ago, shortly after my father's death, my mum was in bed, half asleep and she saw a calming purple light and she immediately felt her worries and fears melt away :)

I suppose it depends if you have experienced something to know if you believe in them. I haven't personally encountered a meet or witnessed something a ghost had done!

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

I don't believe in ghosts (spirits of dead people). I do believe in evil spirits (demons of Satan) and good spirits (angels of God). They are spirits but they can take on physical attributes. Evil spirits can possess people. So, it is possible that a spirit could move something material.

I am neutral on this subject. A few weeks ago I looked out my upstairs bedroom window at two in the morning and I saw a glowing orb moving above the gravel where I cut down a tree a year ago. I just noted it and went back to sleep. No biggie. :giggle:

i dont believe in ghosts, but i have to write an entire fucking essay on it right now :(

Just wondering... did you go to the most famous haunted Queen Mary Cruise in Long beach, California before?

I did go to Queen Mary Cruise for spend just one night at a hotel. My parent and I went to ghost tours and have dinner with believers and a psychic but it is very long story. It was fun. Reason that I want to go, I like to study ghosts for my hobby. I love it.

After dinner, my mom and I join the ghost tour group for long walking in the cruise engine where the people died in past but my dad had to stay in hotel because my dad was not well with MS (Multiple sclerosis) I think it about 3 hours to walking.

Yes. I definately do. Seen it many times as both a family member and when I worked in Home Health and Hospice.
Yes. Yes. Yes.

I'll believe it when I see it :)

Back