Camping

lex

Reaction score
Anyone here camps on their own? i do and i love it and enjoy camping alone but i never really worry about not able to hear anything at night on my own. Now thinking about it lol

I hike the Appalachian Trail (AT) sometimes. I'm not deaf so I don't worry about not hearing something at night. But on the AT they have a lot of these camping areas for people that are "through hikers." It's what they call people who are hiking the whole thing from Georgia to Maine. I've met some really cool people at the designated camp sites. So I guess I'm never really camping alone so much as I'm hiking alone and camping with other people. You should try it sometime if you have something like this close to you. You get to meet some really cool people while you're making dinner and just hanging out waiting to go to bed. Maybe try an app like Ava. See where it gets you.

Cheers for that i will check it out, i don't really hike much. But i have one it once or twice.

I don't camp or hike on my own but my dad and I go to vegan camp every year. We sleep in a tent.

I just got off the PCT a few weeks ago.

I did NOT finish the trail but I did manage to bank nearly 1500 miles. So I made it half way before pulling out due to financial circumstances.
After a week of solo hiking/camping, those fears you carry will subside.

I just got off the PCT a few weeks ago.

I did NOT finish the trail but I did manage to bank nearly 1500 miles. So I made it half way before pulling out due to financial circumstances.
After a week of solo hiking/camping, those fears you carry will subside.

Congratulations! Where were you when you had to end your trail? Some hikers were able to complete the PCT. Some were forced to cancel it due to fire season. Some hikers had to ask friends/family members to send food packages to them along the stops. I followed a young woman's blog and she had to end her trail before she reached to Oregon.

Anyone here camps on their own? i do and i love it and enjoy camping alone but i never really worry about not able to hear anything at night on my own. Now thinking about it lol

I haven't done it on my own. I usually come to camp or camp beach with relatives or friends. You can do it on your own. Make sure you know your area well and let park ranger know. Enjoy your camp!

Congratulations! Where were you when you had to end your trail? Some hikers were able to complete the PCT. Some were forced to cancel it due to fire season. Some hikers had to ask friends/family members to send food packages to them along the stops. I followed a young woman's blog and she had to end her trail before she reached to Oregon.

I scored a Greyhound ride in Weed, California which is near Redding.
And there's currently a huge forest fire ranging in Idyllwild. Wonderful town. They even have a dog as their town mayor. ;)

Wow! You are one brave soul. Never tried it. Anything creepy so far?

I scored a Greyhound ride in Weed, California which is near Redding.
And there's currently a huge forest fire ranging in Idyllwild. Wonderful town. They even have a dog as their town mayor. ;)

Oh, you were so close to Oregon border. Weed is about one hour southeastern of a tiny town where I was born. Mt. Shasta is so pretty. I love going to Lassen National Park. Yep, I heard it from my parents regarding fire in Idylliwild. I don't miss fire seasons during the Santa Ana season. What did you learn about your experience during PCT? PCT is on my bucket list, but I may remove it. I am not sure if my right knee can handle it, but I am working on it.

Back