Cameras

I'm planned to get new digital camera this year and I'm not picture expert.

Jiro, be good man.

Jiro, I'm not listening to you. Stop being a smart ass, ok? I know it by my experience not based on what they're saying. This has nothing to do with print, it's all about detail ON the computer screen for web publishing/cropping. Thank you for your time. :roll:

I know exactly what you are talking about. My son's fisher price digital camera does not have a very good megapixel pictures. Everytime I want to enlarge and crop... it gets blocky. but if I used my camera, I can enlarge it without the blocky looks. Have anyone see the original mario (from NES) on Ninetendo wii? Very blocky, that's for sure.

Thanks for your help, everyone.. and keep deas coming :)

That's sad about Noel Devine :( It's terrible when you lose a parent especially over AIDS.

I knew about the .jpeg. When I first used the internet in 1996 and tried to make my own "homepage", I was told that .jpeg is used for internet so photos could load up faster while keeping most of it's photo quality as possible (if you save it as .gif, it would look more cartoonish) AND it's also universal file type. That is, many computers can read .jpeg.

I always use "RAW".

If, I have DSLR with 10 megapixels or higher. I will feel stress with too many files (about 400 pictures) from sport events and slow to processor on computer (open file, keep/delete files, adjust color, sharp, crop and save file-JPEG or TIFF). Difficult to beat deadline from 400 files x 10 megapixels.
That's why I rather lower megapixels (use RAW) better than 10 megapixels or higher.

I always use "RAW".

If, I have DSLR with 10 megapixels or higher. I will feel stress with too many files (about 400 pictures) from sport events and slow to processor on computer (open file, keep/delete files, adjust color, sharp, crop and save file-JPEG or TIFF). Difficult to beat deadline from 400 files x 10 megapixels.
That's why I rather lower megapixels (use RAW) better than 10 megapixels or higher.

lower megapixel... like what? 2? 3?

Did you know that film is equalivent to around 20 megapixels? We need more detail in photos with higher megapixels. :) I think nature photographers need higher megapixel cameras due to framed pictures for wall, desktop pictures, all that stuff.

#1 - Hubble Telescope Space - I do not remember how much megapixels. It was very small number of megapixels.
Not enough time for me to research. So, I found some info, "Hubble CCD camera originally had only 0.64 megapixels. However, with four sensors......." see more story at Masters of light

#2 - I know about this Genuine Fractal Software but I never try this software. http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=7
This software is great for increase size without loss sharpness or detail.
Few years ago, I read Graphic Industrial magazine, they had brief story about Genuine Fractal Software - from 3 megapixels to larger size of picture to wrap on the bus.

lower megapixel... like what? 2? 3?

I have 3 different DSLRs.
Nikon D1h - 2.7 Megapixels
Nikon D2hs - 4.7 Megapixels
Nikon D1X - 5.1 Megapixels ("fake" 10 megapixels)

Sample pictures pictures from my 3 different cameras with what kind of lenses

Nikon D1H with 20mm and tripod (after 30 minutes sunset)
DSC_0863s.jpg

Nikon D1H with 400mm f/2.8
DSC_0470.jpg

Nikon D2HS with 400mm f/2.8. I was on sideline at Eagle Bank Bowl
_DR76144.jpg

Nikon D2HS with 300mm Auto-Focus
_DR75331.jpg

Nikon D1X with vintage 300mm f/2.8 non-auto-focus - use manual focus
Congratz.... Ray Rice did great job for Baltimore Ravens. I think he need to take dance lesson.
DSC_0684sm.jpg

Nikon D1X with zoom lens 80-200 f/2.8 at 200mm (Zoom lens is not fast focus)
See player (blue) #6 was murder. He played for UConn. Someone stabbed him at party. I feel bad for his life is short.
_DR75129.jpg

Nikon D1X with 60mm and QFlash (very expensive flash)
DSC_1279.jpg

#1 - Hubble Telescope Space - I do not remember how much megapixels. It was very small number of megapixels.
Not enough time for me to research. So, I found some info, "Hubble CCD camera originally had only 0.64 megapixels. However, with four sensors......." see more story at Masters of light

#2 - I know about this Genuine Fractal Software but I never try this software. Genuine Fractals 6 Professional Edition - onOne Software
This software is great for increase size without loss sharpness or detail.
Few years ago, I read Graphic Industrial magazine, they had brief story about Genuine Fractal Software - from 3 megapixels to larger size of picture to wrap on the bus.
:-o I never thought the megapixel for Hubble Telescope would be that low!!! interesting!!

now that I think about it.. that actually makes sense because the transmission is very limited and hard to transmit large amount of data over ultra-long distance.

:-o I never thought the megapixel for Hubble Telescope would be that low!!! interesting!!

now that I think about it.. that actually makes sense because the transmission is very limited and hard to transmit large amount of data over ultra-long distance.

That's very true.....
Do you remember Voyager and Galileo Spacecraft? They sent to Jupiter or almost outside from our solar system. That's very extreme distance to earth. I have no idea what kind of sensor and megapixels from Voyager or Galileo spacecraft.

My father worked as electric engineering - specific: telecommunication for Gov (part of Navy, Army, NASA's Apollo/Skylab/Viking/Voyager/Galileo/Space Shuttle). Usually, his project - worked on radar/radio (between spacecraft and earth or Navy Ship and Base)

Excuse me - little off topic. That's part of telecomminication between astronomical radio observatories and spacecraft with CCD or CMO (lower megapixels)

My son took summer science program in New Mexico. He studied in Astronomy and Astronomy Radio. I heard that my son took one day lesson at VLA (Very Large Array). I visited his last day of summer science program. I had nice chat with one of his favorite staff from Northwestern University. They gave me special visit at VLA (Very Larger Array).

Daily - Study in math, physics, radar, telescope with 4x5 glass film and had some fun at New Mexico Inst of Tech. They had 30 students so break down to 3 groups. Few times, 10 people went to VLA for lesson.

At New Mexico Inst of Tech.
DSC_0411.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

VLA - Very Large Array - about 50 miles from New Mexico Inst of Tech.
DSC_0447.jpg

I have 3 different DSLRs.
Nikon D1h - 2.7 Megapixels
Nikon D2hs - 4.7 Megapixels
Nikon D1X - 5.1 Megapixels ("fake" 10 megapixels)

Sample pictures pictures from my 3 different cameras with what kind of lenses

Nikon D1H with 20mm and tripod (after 30 minutes sunset)
DSC_0863s.jpg

Nikon D1H with 400mm f/2.8
DSC_0470.jpg

Nikon D2HS with 400mm f/2.8. I was on sideline at Eagle Bank Bowl
_DR76144.jpg

Nikon D2HS with 300mm Auto-Focus
_DR75331.jpg

Nikon D1X with vintage 300mm f/2.8 non-auto-focus - use manual focus
Congratz.... Ray Rice did great job for Baltimore Ravens. I think he need to take dance lesson.
DSC_0684sm.jpg

Nikon D1X with zoom lens 80-200 f/2.8 at 200mm (Zoom lens is not fast focus)
See player (blue) #6 was murder. He played for UConn. Someone stabbed him at party. I feel bad for his life is short.
_DR75129.jpg

Nikon D1X with 60mm and QFlash (very expensive flash)
DSC_1279.jpg

Great shots! I can always tell an excellent photographer when I see one. I liked how you quoted some of your photos Sad about the guy who was murdered.

Great shots! I can always tell an excellent photographer when I see one. I liked how you quoted some of your photos Sad about the guy who was murdered.

Thank you....

This guy's name is Tim Brown. Lost his best friend Jasper Howard. Rutgers played at UConn. Tim made touchdown. He showed 6 fingers to UConn's fans. Also, he gave his Rutgers Jersey to his best friend's mom.

This picture is not mine!!!
Respect his old best friend who worn Jersey #6.
brown1031-223x300.jpg

News:
Rutgers' Tim Brown scores winning TD in game dedicated to UConn's Jasper Howard

Other not my picture:
Tim is shorter and very skinny but excellent player as Wide Receiver. No afraid of big guy with heavy weight. I hope any NFL will hire him. Most NFL look for taller player as wide receiver. I wish to see his dream and come true to play in NFL.
578261.jpg

It doesn't work that way with a 2 megapixel. Let me explain an example: When you take a picture of a woman about 1/4 mile away with a 2 megapixel camera. If you zoom up to 100 percent, it will look blurry and pixelated. When you take a picture of the same subject on a 15-20 megapixel camera, the detail is lot better in smaller area and it doesn't appear as pixelated and it's croppable. Same idea you do that with wildlife that are so far away which is more efficent on a higher megapixel camera, sometimes you have one chance to capture things with zoom that didn't have enough oo mph.

That's why satellites use gigapixel cameras to take pictures of our planet and gets lot of detail to the roofs of the houses or trees, or even people.

It's true. I did that before from my DSLR and work great.

Check this link out. You can zoom to window or car or somthing. :)
Prague TV Tower - World's Largest Spherical Panorama

It use Canon 5d mark 2 and a 70-200mm lens with robotic device.

Hi,

I am looking for the digital camera....simply, easy, pictbridge, SD, and under $40 for my father who is over 75 years old. Do you have any idea where can I find?

Thank you,

Deafbear

Back