Camera nabs 788 speeders in 2 days

Well, that serves those guilty of speeding right. Speeding is dangerous and it costs lives if speeding and crashing into other cars or pedestrians on the road. Getting caught by the speed cameras will hopefully make the guilty parties realise the dangers and not repeat it in the future.

Awesome! Now, it's time for me to shoot out that camera! :fu:

WaterRats13 said:
Well, that serves those guilty of speeding right. Speeding is dangerous and it costs lives if speeding and crashing into other cars or pedestrians on the road. Getting caught by the speed cameras will hopefully make the guilty parties realise the dangers and not repeat it in the future.

I agree, but you do realize that this is DC :) Im all for that type of thing because people really should not speed. There are limits for a reason. When I drive, I do my best to keep it within 5mph over. The only time I ever really went way out was, well the night I got my ticket :) I was going 78 in a 55 on a highway with no one else on the road (i was distracted!) But then the other times are when I used to go to St Cloud with Tinystrawberry, I'd go 85-90mph in a 75 or something. Only because YOU"RE OUT IN THE FREAKING COUNTRY!! :) hehe.. ok not really but you know what i mean, its kind of like a suburb's suburb's suburb! yeah :)

im a DC area native and im not at all surprised -- theres ALOT of speeders in DC (me included :lol: ) -- but yea not only in DC are there traffic cameras -- theyre found literally EVERYWHERE now back east in the area -- Montgomery County, MD has their big intersections equipped with real cameras along with fake ones to catch red light runners and other moving violations

I think it is far for anyone going over 10 miles an hour to get a ticket, but for the people who were only going over 5 miles over an hour... Thats Bull_SH!T.
It gets me upset!

girlygti said:
I think it is far for anyone going over 10 miles an hour to get a ticket, but for the people who were only going over 5 miles over an hour... Thats Bull_SH!T.
It gets me upset!

Maybe i misread it, but it sounds to me like they are targeting people who are going 10 or more mph over the limit.

girlygti said:
It gets me upset!

girlygti -- the MSP (Maryland State PD) and MCPD (Montgomery County PD) generally ignore those who are going up to 10 mph over the limit -- ie: 55 mph zone and going 63 are ignored generally (unless u get unlucky and get nabbed by a ROOKIE cop then thats a whole different story :roll: at some of those rookies my gawd) -- theyre more interested in those who are going 11 or more mph over the limit and those are the drivers that would be stopped and cited for speeding -- i dont know abt the BCPD (Baltimore County PD/Baltimore City PD) and their tendency when dealing with speeders -- as for the MPD (Metropolitian PD aka the DC police) are generally pretty lax with the citations given to speeders that is til the camera was put up around the city -- theyre more concerned with terrorism/bioterrorism right now due to the nation's monuments and ofc the Pentagon thats across the Potomac altho in actuality the Pentagon is located in Arlington, VA (the media was incorrect on the location of the Pentagon after the 9/11 incidences)

Back