Calling CIborgs and HoH geeks

robro182

Reaction score
I know this may sound silly but I am trying to drum up support for a petition I am passionate about. I am software engineer, deaf, and bilaterally implanted. I am also a geek; I tinker with every new gadget that comes out. But when one is released that isn't accessible, especially from a big company like google that should know better, I get pissed. I wanted to enter a beta to use Googles new Glass product. But found out they use bone conduction for sound. Well that wont work for most of us. Furthermore Google has made claims about how great this device is for the Deaf community. They fail to realize that millions with hearing disorders still actually hear and use and appreciate sound, albeit assisted. Please check out my petition and sign your support. These companies need to consider our community a priority. This petition is to try to convince them to put a tcoil in the device. A cheap and simple solution.

If all of that doesn't get you to want to click the link I am also lying in a bed receiving a round of chemo. I'm fighting cancer and I am still more passionate about seeing our community being treated like first class citizens when it comes to technology, after all we rely on it more than most. Please sign and share with all your friends.

http://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-to-glass-for-deaf-and-hoh-by-adding-a-t-coil

Thanks,
Rob Rodriguez

Back