show them your ability
if you can talk then speak up
if you can lip read then let them know
if you can understand or ask repeat
if you have a skill show to them
if you have a better knowledge share with them

open yourself with your ability to let them know who you are
that all the key let them trust you from your ability and your skill

until you get in this job interview upon six month if you pass then you get in as long as the job would hold you until your skill become perm. that only key out there looking for your trust, honest and support. 3 keys part of powerful

I am quite honest about my DeafBlindness & prefer to be upfront about it as well.

I explain that email is best for both the person emailing me and the person receiving my message. No misunderstanding or miscommunication and so on.

It does work this way. I also have a text phone and give our text phone to others who call us. We explain we will not be able to hear but ID the number & call back using VIABLE.

I think it is better to be honest from the beginning because then you don't waste interviewer's time, and if they are going to discriminate against you because you Deaf, then you don't want to work for the bastards anyway.

If I see a phone nbr show up on my BB, I just call that nbr back by relay. Most of the time I put my BB number on the app then if I look the caller ID I just go to my ip-relay on the AIM and return the call.

If I see a phone nbr show up on my BB, I just call that nbr back by relay. Most of the time I put my BB number on the app then if I look the caller ID I just go to my ip-relay on the AIM and return the call.

What is BB? Also what do you mean by app? Sorry, some people just aren't sure of every abbreviations made today.

Back