California high court set to rule on same-sex marriage case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well....if you want to practice beastiality, don't let me stand in your way. Just go right-on-ahead and I don't think you would appreciate a horse perforating your colon like the incident in Enumclaw, Washington! :giggle: Pet-Abuse.Com - Animal Abuse Case Details: Sex with horse results in man's death - Enumclaw, WA (US)

Me? Liberal?! That is the best comment you have ever given me! :ty: :ty: :ty:

Anyway...my point was in reference to the below comment as it included the word, 'nutty' which can be viewed as a harsh opinion/judgement.

By the way, I don't view conservative's opinion's as "judgements". It's merely another opinion.

:) I couldn't resist a tongue-in-cheek answer, if you know what I mean? :)

I know esactly what you mean....which is why I found it so funny. Even funnier was the fact that most didn't even get the connection.

Well....if you want to practice beastiality, don't let me stand in your way. Just go right-on-ahead and I don't think you would appreciate a horse perforating your colon like the incident in Enumclaw, Washington! Pet-Abuse.Com - Animal Abuse Case Details: Sex with horse results in man's death - Enumclaw, WA (US)

oh I judge people very harshly when it comes to beastiality or incest... Just trying to make a point because you make it sounds like God doesn't approve any judgments...well, doesn't approve any judgment according to your standard...

This is just like any other argument where one moral position is used as support for a legal issue. You have the right to decide your own values and moral beliefs, as long as they do not impinge on the rights of another. So, in effect, you can decide for yourself who you want to be in a relationship with, and what gender you prefer your partner to be. It does not affect those who may choose differently. Denying homosexual couples the same rights afforded heterosexual couples is discrimination based on sexual preference and identity.

Giving a homosexual couple the right to provide insurance benefits for their partner, and to have all of the legal rights that such a legal union provides does not affect those who live a heterosexual lifestyle one iota. It takes absolutely no right of a hetereosexual away.

If you don't want to be involved in a homosexual realtionship, then don't get involved in one. But no one has the right to tell another who their life partner will be. Nor do they have the right to deny the same privilegedes to others that they demand for themselves.

Civil union is a legal concept, not a moral issue. I have the right to decide who I want to spend my life with, who I want to have a legal power of attorney over decisions should I become incapacitated, who is by my side at the time of my death, who I support through the provision of insurance benefits, and whom I turn to for support and companionship throughout my lifetime. And each and every other human being has the right to decide such, as well, irregardless of their sexual preference.

Any couple that manages to maintain a lasting and loving relationship over time is to be congratulated, and it matters not a whit whether it was accomplished by 2 males, 2 females, or a man and a woman. I have a dear friend who was raised by a Lesbian couple that have been together for 40 years. They own a home, have raised a child, have maintained employment, are are fine and respectable people who have done a better job of living a moral lifestyle than many herterosexual couples I know. My best friend is a gay man who is neither promiscuous nor prone to amoral or illegal behavior. He is a respected professional, and contributes in a positive way to society and the betterment of mankind. He is a supportive and loyal friend. He gives me support for my relationship choices, and I do the same for him. He is my friend, and has been for years, because of the strength of his ethics and his good character. The gender of his life partner is not a concern.

Last edited:
believe it or not, I do believe in civil union.. that's why I think they should expand it and not limit to husband and wife, or lovers.

I wish someone would explain exactly how a court decision upholding the civil rights of a population that has been dienfranchised is "nutty". Someone please explain to me how granting the rights of union to homosexuals has a negative impact on heterosexuals? How exactly, does a homosexual's right to engage in civil union take away the rights of a heterosexual? How does it affect you and or your lifestyle? What impact, exactly does it have on your life?

I wish someone would explain exactly how a court decision upholding the civil rights of a population that has been dienfranchised is "nutty". Someone please explain to me how granting the rights of union to homosexuals has a negative impact on heterosexuals? How exactly, does a homosexual's right to engage in civil union take away the rights of a heterosexual? How does it affect you and or your lifestyle? What impact, exactly does it have on your life?

If I were heterosexual, then I would answer all of your question, nothing.

Nah, God love gay people. :)

I agree with you. I believe in the Bible that who created in writing, there was
prohibiting from same sex, just like a sodomy. That is inaccurate writing
for that.

If I were heterosexual, then I would answer all of your question, nothing.

I am straight, I did nothing with the California Supreme Court decision
to overturn, but yet, I am happy for my cousin, and people who really need become an equally for their privileges.

I hope California will stay legalize it as they will like another Massachusetts since 2004.

I know esactly what you mean....which is why I found it so funny. Even funnier was the fact that most didn't even get the connection.

Yeah I noticed that too.

Oh well, I do have an odd sense of humor.

This is just like any other argument where one moral position is used as support for a legal issue. You have the right to decide your own values and moral beliefs, as long as they do not impinge on the rights of another. So, in effect, you can decide for yourself who you want to be in a relationship with, and what gender you prefer your partner to be. It does not affect those who may choose differently. Denying homosexual couples the same rights afforded heterosexual couples is discrimination based on sexual preference and identity.

Giving a homosexual couple the right to provide insurance benefits for their partner, and to have all of the legal rights that such a legal union provides does not affect those who live a heterosexual lifestyle one iota. It takes absolutely no right of a hetereosexual away.

If you don't want to be involved in a homosexual realtionship, then don't get involved in one. But no one has the right to tell another who their life partner will be. Nor do they have the right to deny the same privilegedes to others that they demand for themselves.

Civil union is a legal concept, not a moral issue. I have the right to decide who I want to spend my life with, who I want to have a legal power of attorney over decisions should I become incapacitated, who is by my side at the time of my death, who I support through the provision of insurance benefits, and whom I turn to for support and companionship throughout my lifetime. And each and every other human being has the right to decide such, as well, irregardless of their sexual preference.

Any couple that manages to maintain a lasting and loving relationship over time is to be congratulated, and it matters not a whit whether it was accomplished by 2 males, 2 females, or a man and a woman. I have a dear friend who was raised by a Lesbian couple that have been together for 40 years. They own a home, have raised a child, have maintained employment, are are fine and respectable people who have done a better job of living a moral lifestyle than many herterosexual couples I know. My best friend is a gay man who is neither promiscuous nor prone to amoral or illegal behavior. He is a respected professional, and contributes in a positive way to society and the betterment of mankind. He is a supportive and loyal friend. He gives me support for my relationship choices, and I do the same for him. He is my friend, and has been for years, because of the strength of his ethics and his good character. The gender of his life partner is not a concern.

:tears: :gpost:

I don't think He approves of what you are doing by passing judgement
Yes. Didn't Jesus Himself say "Judge ye that ye not be judged?"
Reba, how do you know What God Wants? NOBODY knows What God Wants.
We as humans can only understand the concept of God. We cannot understand His Mysteries. Heck, sixty or seventy years ago, members of your church might have believed that God wanted the races to be segregated (and that was a very common belief in Baptist churches in the South) Sixty or seventy years ago, it was a common belief that the Jewish people were automaticly hellbound.
And besides, what makes YOUR theological beliefs any more right then someone who's a member of another church?
In ten or twenty years your churches views on homosexuality may change.

I am straight, I did nothing with the California Supreme Court decision
to overturn, but yet, I am happy for my cousin, and people who really need become an equally for their privileges.

I hope California will stay legalize it as they will like another Massachusetts since 2004.

I hope so too! :)

some still teach against irracial marriage... and I am part native indian and some native indian teach that as well (population issues)

some still teach against irracial marriage... and I am part native indian and some native indian teach that as well (population issues)

I am in an interracial marriage and anyone who tells me that I am committing a sin, I will let them have it!

I agree..it doesnt affect my personal life so why make it my problem. However, I fully support this decision.

I am in an interracial marriage and anyone who tells me that I am committing a sin, I will let them have it!

They don't think it is a sin, they think it is wise not to. That God hinted separation at the tower of Babel (and other places in the bible). it is not a sin because the bible have allowed interracial marriage. but hey, that what my southern friends tell me (I am from the south)

Of course, native indians do not want to see their race die out either. And if they spoke against marrying someone outside of their race, I have nothing against that.

but anyway, the point was that the south never did change their mind as deafD believe they did. They just won't tell you how they really feel.

Shel, well better not go to Bob Jones University. Until recently they had a prohibition against interracial dating.

Please keep the religion discussion out of this thread due to the Religions forum is closed; can't be discussed any where else in AllDeaf.

Any more religion discussion in this thread will be moved to Religion forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back