California Bill AB 2027

Status
Not open for further replies.
got any details on it? links?

oh you're making us do the work? :lol:

got any details on it? links?

oh you're making us do the work? :lol:

I already hae my opinion, I just assumed that everyone knew what I was talking about...guess not. I'll edit my post and include some links.

The ones that are interested in it are debating it about it on YouTube, DeafRead, ASL Rocks, DVTV and so on.

The ones that ain't... don't go to the above.

As long as there are choices for parents to make an informed decision, then I'm fine with it.

The ones that are interested in it are debating it about it on YouTube, DeafRead, ASL Rocks, DVTV and so on.

The ones that ain't... don't go to the above.

They are debating it all over those sites, I want to know what people here think...

They are debating it all over those sites, I want to know what people here think...

The absence of debates of Bill AB 2027 should speak volume of the demographics of this website...

I think Berry brought it up once, and it sunk in piles of old topics.

well - before I put a Jiro Approval Stamp on it.... it should add an information about ASL and deaf-related information. together with deaf program and oral program.... fine with me. it's up to parents to decide what's for best for their deaf infant.

The absence of debates of Bill AB 2027 should speak volume of the demographics of this website...

I think Berry brought it up once, and it sunk in piles of old topics.

More likely it speaks volumes about the strict enforcement of rules here, and the lack of desire by site administrators for controversy and fighting.

I believe that parents should be given unbiased information. I believe they have the right to choose what will work for their family. I believe that they should be provided with information on all educational, communication and language options available to their child. I believe that this bill is a good step in that direction.

Hmmm, I thought the community here would be more interested in the subject. I feel like it will have a direct impact on the education of kids with a hearing loss, so I thought it would be a matter of great interest...guess not :dunno2:

I believe that parents should be given unbiased information. I believe they have the right to choose what will work for their family. I believe that they should be provided with information on all educational, communication and language options available to their child. I believe that this bill is a good step in that direction.

how come it didn't show any information about ASL and deaf program?

Hmmm, I thought the community here would be more interested in the subject. I feel like it will have a direct impact on the education of kids with a hearing loss, so I thought it would be a matter of great interest...guess not :dunno2:

Usually it is Jillio and I who take a huge interest in something like this. Right now, I got so much going on with my personal life to really use up my energy on Deaf Ed issues and Jillio hasn't been on here much lately.

Most of the members here haven't shown a big interest in Deaf ed issues except for the parents of deaf children. That's how I see it.

I am choosing my battles very wisely as energy-wise I can get very exhausted advocating for my causes.

Right now, I'm lobbying for my own accessibility and I cannot afford to be spending energy online debating as it can be very draining.

Wirelessly posted

I would debate about it, but I would rather use other websites as my venues. :/

Wirelessly posted

I would debate about it, but I would rather use other websites as my venues. :/

Unfortunately, this seems to be the case for me too.

Debating with some members is like oil and vinegar.

Usually it is Jillio and I who take a huge interest in something like this. Right now, I got so much going on with my personal life to really use up my energy on Deaf Ed issues and Jillio hasn't been on here much lately.

Most of the members here haven't shown a big interest in Deaf ed issues except for the parents of deaf children. That's how I see it.

I am choosing my battles very wisely as energy-wise I can get very exhausted advocating for my causes.

Right now, I'm lobbying for my own accessibility and I cannot afford to be spending energy online debating as it can be very draining.

I have noticed this as well. Seems like several people are burned out.

Well guess everyone got tired of beating the dead horse. Since most of our views about certain issues are clearly known by each other that frequent here.

honestly, I am interested, but couple things- one is I don't know that I have anything to really contribute on this topic in general so I tend let those who are involved in Deaf Ed., have d/Deaf kids and so forth, discuss and I like to read.

Also seems like based on previous threads many opinions or thoughts on the issues surrounding bill have already been discussed.

if anyone is reading this, for ME, after looking into this, I personally am concerned that there is no mention of Deaf advocates, involving the Deaf community or ASL as part of intent to provide information- like Jiro mentioned - and they took out the wording of "consumer-based organizations". Seems like a veiled attempt at agenda other than what the words state. To me, this is how it seems.
My opinion.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the case for me too.

Debating with some members is like oil and vinegar.

"Oil and water" you means, right? You got that mixed up with "you can attract more flies with honey than vinegar," I believe?

Anyway, that aside...

The Deaf community has already spoken. Check out some of Carl S. vblogs for some of the stuff he uncovered.

I can understand where you're coming from missbuckets, but the reason why I am not going to get involved in this topic on AllDeaf is because... well...

The ASL-world is much more dynamic than the written-world when it comes to AB2027; people discuss more often, and a lot more information is uncovered via the vblogs oppose to forums and blogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back