CA man kills mom and desecrates her body

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can a man do this to his own mother? This is unbelievably sick. When I first read this I had to double check other sources to make sure it was a true story. :(

WARNING!

Description of the crime is graphic and awful.

Documents detail slaying of Fremont woman

Non-graphic version:

A Fremont man suspected of killing his mother told detectives he felt “good” after he allegedly brutally killed her and desecrated her body, according to court documents releasing the gruesome details of the murder.
Omar Mark Pettigen, 31, was arraigned Tuesday afternoon at the Fremont Hall of Justice on charges of murder and desecration of human remains.
Court documents provided a detailed timeline of the murder, beginning on Sept. 29 when Omar’s father, Saladen Pettigen, called police from New Mexico to check on his son and ex-wife.

Saladen Pettigen requested a welfare check at Rancho Luna Apartments in the 3000 block of Monroe where Omar lived with his mother because he could not get in touch with them to pray over the phone together like they usually do.

Officers arrived, knocked on the front door, then walked in because the door was unlocked, finding Nailah Pettigen, 64, dead on the floor of her bedroom.

Officials described a bloody crime scene. . .

(details omitted)

Detectives found no signs of forced entry, and no valuables were taken from the home.

Officers arrested Omar Pettigen in Kensington on Sunday at 5:45 p.m. after police responded to a call reporting a suspicious male with a duffel bag on the back porch of a home on Lake Drive.

In an interview with detectives, Omar Pettigen described in detail the brutal attack on his mother, which he said he did because “she was killing herself with oxycodone she had become addicted to” from knee problems and hip surgeries.

He told detectives his mother was yelling at him on Sept. 28 and pointing a gun at him while she sat on her bed, so he grabbed a hammer hanging from the wall in the bedroom and knocked the gun out of her hand.

Then . . .

(details omitted)

In interviews with detectives, family members remarked Omar and his mother were not getting along, adding that his behavior had noticeably changed after returning from a trip to Morocco months earlier, according to court documents.

Fremont police Detective Craig Gaches said in the court affidavit that Omar stopped by to see a friend in San Francisco and grab a few beers after the murder. He appeared untroubled by the crime, Gaches said.

“I asked how he felt about his actions and he said, ‘good,’” Gaches stated in the affidavit. “During the interview, Omar did not show signs of remorse by crying or being upset in any way.”

Omar Pettigen is being held at Santa Rita Jail in Dublin without bail.

Fremont Unified School District identified Nailah Pettigen as a retired teacher who previously worked at American High School. A candlelight vigil was held in her honor on Monday at St. James Episcopal Church in Fremont.

:shock: I am going to out on a limb here and say this guy is very :crazy: ! I dates a couple of guys and met their mothers and they verbally castrated their sons right in front of me. Not all mothers are nice , I am NOT saying this guy was right in doing this to his mom

I read the full version.

Nice. :yuck:

He is clearly not mentally well.

Details ommitted.
Well
What ever that may mean...
..ill offer a damn!
Just to.be sure...
But
Killing her for being hooked on pain meds..mmmmmm
Alright

Details ommitted.
Well
What ever that may mean...
..ill offer a damn!
Just to.be sure...
But
Killing her for being hooked on pain meds..mmmmmm
Alright

If you click on Reba's link you can find the full details. I think she was just trying to spare some people here from having to read too much graphic details.

The link I provided includes all the gory details. I provided the edited version for those who wanted to know the basic story without all the details. Take your pick.

I don't even know why God allows such disgraceful humans to roam this earth. I don't feel well after reading this.. Ooo ugh.. :(

I don't even know why God allows such disgraceful humans to roam this earth. I don't feel well after reading this.. Ooo ugh.. :(

Same reason he allows you to roam this earth. He allows us to make whatever choices we want to make but we pay for choices we make.

Something to think about before you disrespect others on here by not honoring their request.

Just sad there must of been warning signs this just crazy he needed treatment and to move away from his mother ..

No one can do this unless serious brain disorder..death penalty no bring them back ?.mother and son preying over phone and mother gets gun out this dysfunctional family at its worse

Back