Burned Body

Lil_country_gal

Reaction score
I just burned the lower half of my body with boiling water i was making pasta and went to take it to pour it out in the sink and the strainer wasn't fully in the sink and it missed the sink completly and spilled out on my stomach and legs i just got first degree burns at least as what we can see. It really hurts bad i'm trying to hard not to cry cause god bless america it hurts like the dickenes. i have to go to the doctor tomorrow to make sure it's all ok wish me luck please!!!

That'e terrible. I hope you are alright. That sounds so painful. What did you put on it to soothe the burn?

Ouch! I am so sorry to hear that. A few years ago, I was canning homemade tomato juice, and as I took one of the jars out of the canner, it exploded, and I got boiling tomato juice all over my legs! I know how much pain you are in right now. My doctor saw me that very day. Do you really have to wait until tomorrow?

Seems like u have bad luck lately. First, u fell off your horse, got into a car accident, broke your arm and now burned yourself. Hope u will be ok.

I'm sorry that you are in pain. I hope you can soothe your burns.

Oh i am so sorry to hear that but you need to seek a doctor immediately for your first degree burns from boiling water... If you wait until tomorrow and the risk is so great coz of infections are exposed in the air right now.... Go to ER right now to treat your first degree burns!!! :hug:

Tracie
I had to jump in a shower with ice cold water and than put aloe vera on it.

Shel90
I appluad you for keeping track of all my accidents lol especially with the horse accident being over a year ago.
Jillio
Thanks it really does hurt huh lol. My burns arn't bad enough according to my parents to go tonight it's not horribley red or blistered as far as i can tell but i refuse to look just really painful
Thanks Reba

Whitewolves
Usually with first degree burns i thought your not at a big risk for infection does it change when it's because of water burns?

The one thing i'm worried about is the boiling water spilled right on my new belly button piercing and that hurt really bad cause the metal heated up really quickly so i'm worried of internal skin burns

Tracie
I had to jump in a shower with ice cold water and than put aloe vera on it.

Shel90
I appluad you for keeping track of all my accidents lol especially with the horse accident being over a year ago.
Jillio
Thanks it really does hurt huh lol. My burns arn't bad enough according to my parents to go tonight it's not horribley red or blistered as far as i can tell but i refuse to look just really painful
Thanks Reba

Whitewolves
Usually with first degree burns i thought your not at a big risk for infection does it change when it's because of water burns?

The one thing i'm worried about is the boiling water spilled right on my new belly button piercing and that hurt really bad cause the metal heated up really quickly so i'm worried of internal skin burns

The horse accident was a year ago??? Time flies!! Felt like it was recently!

Go to ER..dont wait until tmw especially with the metal heating up.

The horse accident was a year ago??? Time flies!! Felt like it was recently!

Go to ER..dont wait until tmw especially with the metal heating up.

I agree with you Shel...

Country Gal... Back in late 70's one of my deaf friend had first degree burns from boiling water on his back, arms and torso and he went to ER immedately because of the blisters were open badly so the doctor had to bandaged his torso and his back as well and the infections were set in... it was pretty bad.... And i thought you might experienced to have big blister on your lower adobomen (SP?) and legs - was i right? If you do then Please go ER immediately for your sakes ok? We all care about your well beings!!! :grouphug:

Yep, I agree. Go to the ER. Burns are nothing to mess around with. Could be worse that 1st degree.....plus you are in a lot of pain, and burns are one of the most painful injuries you can have.

I agree with you Shel...

Country Gal... Back in late 70's one of my deaf friend had first degree burns from boiling water on his back, arms and torso and he went to ER immedately because of the blisters were open badly so the doctor had to bandaged his torso and his back as well and the infections were set in... it was pretty bad.... And i thought you might experienced to have big blister on your lower adobomen (SP?) and legs - was i right? If you do then Please go ER immediately for your sakes ok? We all care about your well beings!!! :grouphug:
I don't see any blisters and not onl are they not bad but if anyone has heard minnesota is getting pounded with snow and the roads are really bad it's almost more dangerous to go drive to the hospital which is a half an hour away normally so yeah but i promise i'm going tomorrow!!!!

* First-degree burns affect only the outer layer of the skin. They cause pain, redness, and swelling.

* Second-degree (partial thickness) burns affect both the outer and underlying layer of skin. They cause pain, redness, swelling, and blistering.

* Third-degree (full thickness) burns extend into deeper tissues. They cause white or blackened, charred skin that may be numb.

First Aid

FOR MINOR BURNS

1. If the skin is unbroken, run cool water over the area of the burn or soak it in a cool water bath (not ice water). Keep the area submerged for at least 5 minutes. A clean, cold, wet towel will also help reduce pain.

2. Calm and reassure the person.

3. After flushing or soaking, cover the burn with a dry, sterile bandage or clean dressing.

4. Protect the burn from pressure and friction.

5. Over-the-counter ibuprofen or acetaminophen can help relieve pain and swelling. DO NOT give children under 12 aspirin. Once the skin has cooled, moisturizing lotion also can help.

6. Minor burns will usually heal without further treatment. However, if a second-degree burn covers an area more than 2 to 3 inches in diameter, or if it is located on the hands, feet, face, groin, buttocks, or a major joint, treat the burn as a major burn.

7. Make sure the person is up-to-date on tetanus immunization.

Call 911 if:

* The burn is extensive (the size of your palm or larger).
* The burn is severe (third degree).
* You aren't sure how serious it is.
* The burn is caused by chemicals or electricity.
* The person shows signs of shock.
* The person inhaled smoke.
* Physical abuse is the known or suspected cause of the burn.

Call a doctor if your pain is still present after 48 hours.

Call immediately if signs of infection develop. These signs include increased pain, redness, swelling, drainage or pus from the burn, swollen lymph nodes, red streaks spreading from the burn, or fever.

Also call immediately if there are signs of dehydration: thirst, dry skin, dizziness, lightheadedness, or decreased urination. Children, elderly, and anyone with a weakened immune system (e.g., HIV) should be seen right away.
Burns Information on Healthline

I felt like I was back in EMT class reading Reba's post, lol. I was going to post something similar but Reba beat me to it lol.

If you feel that you cannot make it safely to the ER - call them Medics they'd be happy to transport ya! (at a nominal fee of course. ;) )

Well my stomach is losing it's redness now it just really hurts and now my body is saying it's bed time i will talk to ya'll tomorrow goodnight thanks for all the concerns thankyou for truely caring about me!!!!!!! believe me i'm taking your concerns to heart

its gonna be very hard for yo uto sleep comfortably. I got second degree sun burn in 2002 on my whole back and it hurt like hell and couldn't sleep for couple of night for awhile, til i finally slept in my bathing suit and curled up not straight back cuz i got burn when i was sitting down and bending forward and that how i got burn and it was damn painful. so hope you get good night sleep tonite.

Back