BTE vs Babyworn ?

Mmmm thanks for the response..

No , I never x-rayed my teeth..maybe I should visit my dentist and ask him to check it a bit..

I had a tooth ( the right one before the wisdom , don't know what's called ) locally removed and I still remember it..the roots were really tight and local A wasn't affecting me much!!

Even with GA at the implant , it took me at least 15 minutes to knock out , and 3 to wake up from GA..lol..talk about high resistance ( and it was my first GA too..lol )

I decided I will save a bit of money for the babyworn just in case , and if it's the fault of the stupid tooth , I will have some money for any emegenercy..(I'm not a saver..)

It's best to have your teeth checked out just in case also it will give you peace of mind. The teeth you had removed sounds like molar! My wisdom under local was very tight too but not painful though!

Wow that is a long time to get knocked out! My mum had same problem, Gladly I didn't, i just went POOF.

Good luck with saving.... i am no good at that either!! LOL... :laugh2:

Have put your blog link on my blog.

Hey Vivie - I discovered a trick today, and thought it could help with the weight of it for a while.

I wore my sunglasses, and fiddled around with the CI. Try putting the ear hook and have it hooked ON the glasses "arm", close to your ear. For me, it took the weight off right away. Although it looked a little funny because it looked like the processor is attached to the glasses. But if you wear your hair down, then it should work and that you couldn't see it.

Good luck with your annoying tooth. I had all 4 taken out under Nitrous Oxide (Laughing gas), way Pre-Ci. :)

I'm having that issue with my HEARING AID. Same hearing aid I've had for 4 years, and it still weighs down on my ear and hurts after wearing it for several hours. And I do wear glasses. Have had ear hooks replaced, the tubing in the earmold replaced, etc, meh. Often I'll just have my hearing aid hanging down in front of my ear (the earmold's in the ear) just so it doesn't irritate my ear. Only 1 675 battery for this hearing aid, but pft, so i wonder how my ear would have handled the implant weight.

I'm having that issue with my HEARING AID. Same hearing aid I've had for 4 years, and it still weighs down on my ear and hurts after wearing it for several hours. And I do wear glasses. Have had ear hooks replaced, the tubing in the earmold replaced, etc, meh. Often I'll just have my hearing aid hanging down in front of my ear (the earmold's in the ear) just so it doesn't irritate my ear. Only 1 675 battery for this hearing aid, but pft, so i wonder how my ear would have handled the implant weight.

Sooo true! My Naida is killing me! I have glasses as well but I have light frames. I have short hair too, but when it starts to get a little long (as in touching my ears) the extra hair around my ears causes my BTE to hurt me! It's a little annoying! I don't know what I would do with a CI either!

I was concern about the weight of the CI on my right ear that had surgery on the outer ear so that it can hold a hearing aid when I was a kid. My right outer ear is not as strong as the left outer ear. I use a skeleton ear mold on my CI to reduce the issue of my CI processor falling off. Over the years what help me to prevent ear pain from the hearing aid is to have the ear mold tube just at the right length within 1/16 of a inch so that the weight on the top of the hearing aid is even with the weight at bottom of the hearing aid.
John

Long hair eh? I have chin length hair in front..

LadySekhmet , I've tried that trick..It helps , but I'm so afraid that I'll lose it , that I don't leave it here for long..

I tried Micloc , it irritates my scar further and I can't stand it..

I will go and get measured for an earmold next week..might help! problem is that at the new place they won't be careful..I always hurt a lot at the earmold measuring , and at the old place they were really careful

My wisdom tooth is a lot better..still sensitive but at least I can eat..

As for HA , it bothered me sometimes too , especially after I started wearing glasses ...

Maybe it's all to our tolerance ? Hmmm?

Probably the cheaper solution is to wait for my hair get longer and fashion an ponytail..lol and hang the CI from there..LOL

Just a thought..... The micloc... can you loop it round on your glasses???? would that will take weight off and not loose your CI..... might be bit akward but how about string of some sort....

Honestly, you do get used to it fairly quickly. When I wore my hearing aids, it felt light. Then I tried on my friend's bte without the coil. It felt heavy right away. That was one of my concerns...however after a week, I got used to the weight, and in fact, sometimes I forget that I have it ON my ear if I turned off the CI to rest for a moment.

For smaller children, they do get used to it, I had JUMBO hearing aids when I was young. But, it probably would be better if they had babyworn stuff though.
For babies - most likely they wear body worn, or baby worn...it's too heavy for their ears though.

I weighted mine a while ago and made a post about it on my blog.

Just Another Cyborg: It's all in the Numbers

If you click on this link, yes I weighted every single little thing. LOL!!!

Thank you for gave me your website with blog. It's funny! You measured for all hearing aids and cochlear implants. LoL That's interesting. I haven't feel my cousin's CI yet. Because he is very active kid and wouldn't let get his implants off. He love to hear anythings. If he get off CI. He can be cry and not like to non hear. I never feel the CI's pound before. I want to feel it when I am plan to get CI.

Thank you for sharing with me. :)

You can try put skeleton earmold to hold your CI BTE on not get it off.

Long hair eh? I have chin length hair in front..

LadySekhmet , I've tried that trick..It helps , but I'm so afraid that I'll lose it , that I don't leave it here for long..

I tried Micloc , it irritates my scar further and I can't stand it..

I will go and get measured for an earmold next week..might help! problem is that at the new place they won't be careful..I always hurt a lot at the earmold measuring , and at the old place they were really careful

My wisdom tooth is a lot better..still sensitive but at least I can eat..

As for HA , it bothered me sometimes too , especially after I started wearing glasses ...

Maybe it's all to our tolerance ? Hmmm?

Probably the cheaper solution is to wait for my hair get longer and fashion an ponytail..lol and hang the CI from there..LOL

Another thought ......... soft head band and stitch some elastic loops to hold the processor....

I am perfectly fine..seems that it was the stupid tooth's fault , it's grown some and I have a little bit of the wisdom tooth..I don't hurt anymore and I worn it all day..I also gotten an haircut done!probably it added to the problem..now I have really short spiky hair..In fact , I forgot that I had it in there , and I was all day on the move..as usual! I also had an moment..( Wait , did I put my HA on my ear? I can't feel the earmold ) before I remembered that I had gotten an CI and everything..laughed it off!!

I never felt so comfortable , even with HA..probably the problem was my long and thick hair did not help the magnet to 'catch' properly and a lot of the time the magnet fell off if I tried to just brush my hair out of my eyes..I tried a bonnet..didn't work much either..and as I had a habit of tucking my hair behind my eyes..imagine hair , CI , thick glasses..so I got the haircut and that helped a lot..but i still felt it...after the new tooth set in..I don't know anymore if I wear the CI...( the dentist appt really scared the tooth lol and decided to settle down..it happens every time! lol! )

the only thing is b/c I worn it on and off the last month , is that I lost some progression..Grrrrr!

Hope I'll be up to speed soon!

I will post a picture of my new haircut soon! Oh and I've blinged my CI..LOL!! Want more blings..any there to buy online ? I didn't find many things here...

And a q..in the morning I still have the jolt , and everything seems so loud! for the first hour or so! after that I'm perfectly fine..any suggestions?

I am glad for you feel better. You didn't realize it was tooth wisdom. Did you remove it? I am definitely you will be fine with CI. :) I am looking forward to see your picture. :)

I am perfectly fine..seems that it was the stupid tooth's fault , it's grown some and I have a little bit of the wisdom tooth..I don't hurt anymore and I worn it all day..I also gotten an haircut done!probably it added to the problem..now I have really short spiky hair..In fact , I forgot that I had it in there , and I was all day on the move..as usual! I also had an moment..( Wait , did I put my HA on my ear? I can't feel the earmold ) before I remembered that I had gotten an CI and everything..laughed it off!!

I never felt so comfortable , even with HA..probably the problem was my long and thick hair did not help the magnet to 'catch' properly and a lot of the time the magnet fell off if I tried to just brush my hair out of my eyes..I tried a bonnet..didn't work much either..and as I had a habit of tucking my hair behind my eyes..imagine hair , CI , thick glasses..so I got the haircut and that helped a lot..but i still felt it...after the new tooth set in..I don't know anymore if I wear the CI...( the dentist appt really scared the tooth lol and decided to settle down..it happens every time! lol! )

the only thing is b/c I worn it on and off the last month , is that I lost some progression..Grrrrr!

Hope I'll be up to speed soon!

I will post a picture of my new haircut soon! Oh and I've blinged my CI..LOL!! Want more blings..any there to buy online ? I didn't find many things here...

And a q..in the morning I still have the jolt , and everything seems so loud! for the first hour or so! after that I'm perfectly fine..any suggestions?

I didn't remove the wisdom tooth..it was going up , I felt like a first grader all over again..LOL!

I hope next time I won't be in so much discomfort!

Glad to hear that the wisdom teeth is going up as it should do! Thank godness...

Can't wait to see your picture...

Oh the jolts... i did have that and still do every morning but it lasts few mins.

well I still have the jolt...

overthepond..I FINALLY got around into linking you back..:D

I'll post a new pic at my blog..preferable one with my blinged coil..LOL! keep your eyes peeled!

Back