Breaking News.. Cnn.com

yes i saw on the news earlier. I'm shocked about that. I can't believe it actually happened. I go there few times for appointments thru that bridge. its sad to see something happened unexpected.

It is bad news. I hear people rumor there is more dead people. They suspect steels is part of role collapsed. Wait for more update for reason why bridge went down.

I used to live in the Twin Cities area before I moved down here, so I was shocked to hear this news. I am glad my friends are okay.

3 dead as Mississippi River bridge falls amid rush hour in Minneapolis - CNN.com

CHECK IT OUT.. SERIOUIS 3 DEAD COLLAPSED BRIDGE AT MISSISSIPPI RIVER

I'm sure the toll will go up. THe nice thing is that the bus with kids on it, about 30 stopped before going over the edge and those children are ok. Probably scared but ok. There will be a press conference soon.

The trained recue workers were actually having problems getting through the traffic, but there are/were enough people with some type of recue training to help out. Then there are the every day heros who have helped families get off while risking themselves to do so. It's amazing how people respond without waiting for autorities to come in and tell them what to do.

God Bless those involved.

Oh my god! I am terribly shocked when I saw TV in my stepmom's parent
house, there is a biggest news on the TV in life. Anyways, I hope you will
be OK.

OHHHHH SCARY!!!!!!! It would take a long time to fix a new bridge! YIKES!

wow, I hope they will be all right and no huge number of deaths involved from that accident. I read that it said last time they inspected the bridge was in 2004 so I think they should inspect any major bridges ever year, not few years.

We will find out what caused it to collapse into the river.

im sure Minn would fix this bridges and also my hometown have also bridges crashed in 2002 but i never have include crash bridges but im lives in Cabot,Ar for 3 years since 2001 till 2004 before they im now lives in North Little Rock,Ar since 2005 till current.

im hope State of Minn would pays this bridges its would lots of money like millions worth! and also Arkansas same!

i pray for those victims for all my fellow minnesotans.. and their family.. its a sad news and shocked.. i was on that bridge 7 hours before it happened.

and am stunned.. i hope they will not find any more deaths.. i'm glad that those children aren't in danger. it might take a year or more to rebuild it.. i just hope its not that long.. i tend to travel that hwy weekly.

again i pray for those family.. my heart goes to them.

IT might be not likely to build that bridge exactly what it was before but better upgrade than the current one. it took 4 years to build new Tacoma Narrows bridge in washington state next to the old one. Its a suspension bridge, too.

It sure is a devastating event going on in MN. It sure is a scary experience to go through that. Hopefully we could able to find a cause to the collapse.

My prayers are with those victims.

I just read that collapsed bridge is 40 years old. It was given clean bill of health when they inspected the bridge in 2005 and 2006. I guess the inspectors are shady people. I don't trust the government, anyway.

The Aurora bridge (George Washington Memorial Bridge) has a similar design as that bridge that collasped in Minneapolis. It was built in 1932 and it's still standing since. Here's a picture of that bridge in Seattle. They recently retrofitted the bridge to withstand earthquakes here.

800px-Aurora_Bridge_02.jpg

Another bridge but not much in common but almost.

I-5 Ship Canal Bridge in Seattle also built in rougly 1960's and it's double decker, too.

I5_ShipCanal_Web.jpg

Back