Brands that need the least repairs or have good warranties

Kem10305

Reaction score
Someone on the forum wrote. “We can tell you which brand or brands have held up well for us in the sense of not needing frequent repairs but as seb says only YOU know which sounds the best for you.”
I am looking for new ha.

Starkey halo: left ha had to be replaced within 3 days. Audi said it was the company’s quality control which can happen. Right ha failed about 3 months later. I need ha that is not Costco because Costco doesn’t have tinnitus feature in their ha. Who else has good warranties and low repairs?

Personal opinion here-- Oticon. For the most part I have had very little issues with it. I think the biggest things were dirty filters inside (easily cleaned out at audio's office) and the last pair I had one hearing aid's casing & battery door was cracked and crumbling (by that point the pair were at least 4-5 years old)- had to send those in to be repaired...sigh. Oh yes and broken tone hooks- but that's User error... I'm a tad rough on my hearing aids at times.

I spent more time dealing with tubing and earmolds lol

Personal opinion here-- Oticon. For the most part I have had very little issues with it. I think the biggest things were dirty filters inside (easily cleaned out at audio's office) and the last pair I had one hearing aid's casing & battery door was cracked and crumbling (by that point the pair were at least 4-5 years old)- had to send those in to be repaired...sigh. Oh yes and broken tone hooks- but that's User error... I'm a tad rough on my hearing aids at times.

I spent more time dealing with tubing and earmolds lol

same here too, mine has no issues so far except for cosmetic LOL!!! (it's just showing its age with some wear and tear since that's from 2014)
wax is an issue in which can be scraped out with some plackers *this is my life hack with earmolds too*

The clinic I go to has exclusive contract with Starkey, probably because of proximity. I have had better luck with them than my previous. With the Resounds, I had multiple replacements of battery holders. My previous to that were ugly full-shell ITE by Siemens.

Plackers are disposable tooth-scrapers-- to remove plaque.

The clinic I go to has exclusive contract with Starkey, probably because of proximity. I have had better luck with them than my previous. With the Resounds, I had multiple replacements of battery holders. My previous to that were ugly full-shell ITE by Siemens.

what MCB said, I use the bottom part to scrape out the wax from the earmold so... that's my life hack here ;)

Thank you... Interesting... I use a straight pin or paperclip (bend it straight. Though it would be better if I could find something that would easily go around the bend- for me wax gets up in the bend of the tube sometimes.

I have a piece of nylon fishline. Put a few knots in it, seems to do the job. Recent discovery. I also have a baby nose syringe, to clean it with a puff of air.

I also have a baby nose syringe, to clean it with a puff of air.

I have a bulb syringe that's specifically for the HA tubing.. it clears out the moisture but doesn't do anything for the wax that coats the tubing...

I have a bulb syringe that's specifically for the HA tubing.. it clears out the moisture but doesn't do anything for the wax that coats the tubing...
I don't have problems with wax coating the tubing. But I am a q-tip addict.

I don't have problems with wax coating the tubing. But I am a q-tip addict.
Ditto even though they tell you not to!
I'm soooo glad I no longer wear HAs. So good to stick my finger into my ear and scratch w/o having to take the ear mold out. :) Hopefully I won't feel the need to scratch as much now either, though waxy ears run in the family, I believe.

What about widex ?.
I think that about quality hearing, you are the judge, and your hearing loss is also a factor in which type is right for you.
I was in love with my widex when I had no choice but to go back to wear HA , after years without them. Then they crashed within 5 days, used starkey as a loan, no body around me liked them and I didn’t like them either. Eventually audiologist fit me with Oticon and I just have some streaming issues like clicking noises etc when streaming (which I do several hours a day), battery life is good even despite being on 14 h to 18 h and about 6 to 8 h of streaming. Batteries last 5+ days.

But I am still thinking that the quality of sound was more powerful with widex and I am trying to find out if widex is a problematic brand , and /or if I was given a second hand HA
When the widex came back from company as they were sent for repairs they came back with the same problem and the audiologist claimed that they had been totally replaced...for new ones but again I never saw them in their original box and I still can’t understand how the new ones had the exact same problem that the first set .

Pretty interesting posting, sub'd
o.png

I have the ReSound Enzo’s. They are nearly 3 years old, not a single issue. All I’ve ever needed to go in for is new tubing or earmolds, and I can do my own tubing as it is. Love them, but I don’t know what everyone’s budget is. Mine set me back over 7k. But worth every single penny.

I have the ReSound Enzo’s. They are nearly 3 years old, not a single issue. All I’ve ever needed to go in for is new tubing or earmolds, and I can do my own tubing as it is. Love them, but I don’t know what everyone’s budget is. Mine set me back over 7k. But worth every single penny.

nice! I was looking at those too (98 for Mom and 88 for me *for 2nd option*)
if I ever get that, I'm going camouflaged color to show off to my veteran cousin!

I really like the Phonak S lll UP 's I bought for the same price as Alleycats. I am in Alaska so there is the at their mercy factor. It took a lot of trips to the really experienced tech to get them dialled in right. With both of us doing our best we got there.
I am a work hard get dirty guy who also does a lot of cooking. The microphone covers get clogged fast. I do my own changing those.
I use the hearing aid dryer every night and wipe everything but the mike covers with an alcohol pad every single time they go in my ears I swab my ears as well. If itching happens I soak the alcohol pad[ 70%] with 99% alcohol.
All tubing is not the same. If I have moisture in my tubing at all I change brands and that problem stops.
Silicone earmolds are another lose situation, Bacteria loves them.
Earmolds also need a vent hole drilled in them.
You can have awesome ha's but hate them if you do not have tech support with serious experience along with your own input.
I stress these phonaks to the max but I also give them and myself great care.

Back