Brand-New Phonak Compilot - Completely Dead

Phi4Sius

Reaction score
Anyone know what would cause this? I tend to use the audio jack mode to listen to music on my iMac and Wireless mode to listen to my TV. Now all of a sudden it seems like it is completely dead for no reason.

This first started happening yesterday. I got home, plugged in my compilot to my iMac, turned on my brand-new compilot at the switch, and nada. No audio jack mode. No wireless. Nothing happened. The green light displays for 2 seconds then it shuts off. All I can do is switch modes on my hearing aid from program 1 to program 2 to program 3. No wireless capabilities, audio jack capabilities, or anything. It's like the wireless and audio jack are all dead. To be sure it wasn't the battery, I put it in the battery charger overnight last night. Same issues.

Anyone know what would cause this?

EDIT: I also just performed the full reset as shown in the manual. Nothing.

Last edited:
Did you get it from your audi? Did s/he pair the ComPilot with your HAs? I would take it back to your audi and if s/he can't "fix" it, have him/her return it to Phonak.

I would totally bring it to the audi and see if he can get you another one or get that fixed ASAP!

To both of you: Yeah yeah I'm headed to my audiologist as soon as I can make an appointment.

I was hoping someone else had experienced a similar situation and perhaps had a solution. Oh, well! I will keep this thread updated with what happens. D'oh!

To both of you: Yeah yeah I'm headed to my audiologist as soon as I can make an appointment.

I was hoping someone else had experienced a similar situation and perhaps had a solution. Oh, well! I will keep this thread updated with what happens. D'oh!

lol :)

Anyone know what would cause this?

EDIT: I also just performed the full reset as shown in the manual. Nothing.

Hi Phi4Sius
A few hints I can give you:
You see the green light when switching on right? Means ComPilot is alive.
But from your description can I conclude that there is NO blinking green light after switching on???
If so, it means the neckloop cord is either not completely inserted (you MUST plug the neckloop for streaming!!!), or the neckloop is broken and needs to be replaced.
To say in other words: If ComPilot does not blink green, it is NOT in streamer mode.

In case it does blink:
Press the side <> button along with the big main button for 2 seconds. ComPilot will go into a demo mode, playing sound which you should hear through the hearing aids.

How to check if the cable is broken:
If you are a techy person you may have a voltmeter at home to test the cable is conducting.
You may also GENTLY pull on the two cable ends (not more that 1kg force!!!). If it feels rubbery (means it feels like the cable gets a little longer), the cable is broken.

Hope this help
Michael

Thanks, Michael and everyone for your help.

It's been sent off to repair by my audiologist and I am using a loaner compilot for the time being (thankfully). The way it stopped working was a complete mystery even to him. So, I'm just waiting to get it back.

Thanks, Michael and everyone for your help.

It's been sent off to repair by my audiologist and I am using a loaner compilot for the time being (thankfully). The way it stopped working was a complete mystery even to him. So, I'm just waiting to get it back.

Repair? Isn't this brand new? I'd demand a new one. Why be saddled with a defective one by no fault of your own?

dude, it was new but it became dead so he brought it to the audi
so think again!!!

He's saying since it's new and apparently defective, why not swap it in for a new one that would hopefully be non-defective.

dude, it was new but it became dead so he brought it to the audi
so think again!!!

So. ... You buy a new refrigerator from Sears. You get it delivered to your home and plug it in. Nothing happens. It's dead. Sears says "we'll send it in for repair." Why are you subject to waiting for repair on a defective appliance out of the box? They aren't doing you a favor, they are sticking you with their problem.

I'm not the one who needs to do some thinking here. I'm guessing there are more details that explain why they are being stuck with a defective device rather than having it exchanged for one that works perfectly out of the box.

It's ok guys. :)

I have my compilot back good as new. Turned out to be the wiring (part that goes around your neck) and not the unit itself.

It's ok guys. :)

I have my compilot back good as new. Turned out to be the wiring (part that goes around your neck) and not the unit itself.

That was very fast for the neck loop thing to get damaged! My friend has had the ComPilot since it first came out and is yet to have to change the neck loop thing.

Back