Brag about your car's miles!

My prediction was right, I end up passed 200K miles mark on my truck about 2 weeks ago... In West of Illinois about 20 miles away from Iowa. That was my last segment of Travel America.

Would I travel around America again? You bet! I was close to meeting one of AD members here but time got screwed up, thanks Texas (No pun intended). I got plenty of good stories... Texas was baddest one, LOL I could say, I respect Texas that we the New Yorkers won't mess with them, then they messed with us, so I had to dump raw sewer on their highway... Cause Texas left a stud on road! Nothing I could do about it. LOL I think posted 70MPH limit on undivided road is bad idea, especially residential areas. I couldn't avoid the stud due to going 70 MPH while pulling RV, going around in short distance is terrible idea (Potentially knife style accident)... So there raw sewer for Texas road. LOL

French Quarter (NOLA) and Vegas is awesome, but sinfully cities... I bumped in a female that holding a cardboard sign that said "I am lesbian and I need money to buy a Dildo and couple batteries to go with so I can use them" I swear to God that I saw that one in NOLA! There is more like that, but this is one of bizarre I ever seen in RL.

Now you all know I was out for more than a month...
ExcursionRV.jpg

What? I didn't know you got same truck I got, LOL mine is 00, and in no doubt yours is 7.3L The legendary engine. Awesome!

My Excursion WILL hit 200K miles very soon, likely by end of this summer. I have drive it a lot! My Excursion was at your town, I was at Virginia City, what a awesome place! Really enjoyed there. I went there because it is where my wife grew up (Reno).

Last edited:
My car just turned a year old.....only have 3800 miles on it.

My recently deceased mother-in-law's minivan was a 2009 model with 3,000 miles on it.

One of my truck is at 195k, approaching 200k.

Had '96 Nissan Sentra that lasted up to 264k miles. I had to get rid of it when it start overheating and figured I'd be better off using the potential repair funds for a down payment on a newer car.

2003 Chevy Blazer just rolled over on 94,000 miles.

Just rolled 200k tonight.

1622257_10153356763226309_1224704732299517932_n.jpg

That is a lot of miles!

My car has 20k, and it's about 11 months old. The "perks" of driving 60 miles round-trip to work ...

Isn't that partly your own fault because of where you decided to build a house?

My car is nearly 19 years old, it's not considered a lot of miles in it's life. I have 2 vehicles, some days or weeks I switch cars. :)

That is a lot of miles!

My car has 20k, and it's about 11 months old. The "perks" of driving 60 miles round-trip to work ...

Isn't that partly your own fault because of where you decided to build a house?

Uh, a lot of people have job(s) that is far away from home and it's not always their fault. I have 50 miles round trip commute to work, and some of the people I work with have longer commute than I do. There is many reasons people have longer commute... some people have over 100 miles round trip. Some people are lucky to have job close to home, not a lot of them do. When I was younger I did a lot of 80 miles round trip at the time of my retired car.

My car is nearly 19 years old, it's not considered a lot of miles in it's life. I have 2 vehicles, some days or weeks I switch cars. :)

That is nice you have 2 cars so you can switch between the two. Yes, for 19 years old, 200k is REALLY GOOD.

Uh, a lot of people have job(s) that is far away from home and it's not always their fault. I have 50 miles round trip commute to work, and some of the people I work with have longer commute than I do. There is many reasons people have longer commute... some people have over 100 miles round trip. Some people are lucky to have job close to home, not a lot of them do. When I was younger I did a lot of 80 miles round trip at the time of my retired car.

Thanks. I wasn't whining about having 20k miles, I was only saying why.

My former boss have 2013 Explorer and currently has 60k miles on it. He still works in the facility supervising drivers. My stepmom have 15k miles since she purchased her new 2016 Mazda last spring and will have a lot more miles to drive with her job and her occasional visit at her family farm 3 hours away.

That is nice you have 2 cars so you can switch between the two. Yes, for 19 years old, 200k is REALLY GOOD.

Thanks. I wasn't whining about having 20k miles, I was only saying why.

My 2000 Honda Civic has 197k miles and it's nearing 200k miles, but I don't drive it a lot like I used to so it will take some time to reach that. I would probably hit that in around late spring to early summer. I mostly use it to commute to my job nearby.

212K miles and rolling still, thinking I will hit 225K miles at end of summer of 2016. It just broken in and plenty of miles in life left. predicted I will hit 350K, maybe 400K :dunno:

5500 miles on my 2017 Mazda.

Back