Brag about your car's miles!

why? as you said - better safe than sorry regarding lawsuits.
Soooo...you can't actually explain the connection between driving in 4H at high speeds and overheating. :shock:

There are many things you can do that will increase the amount of work the engine does. Load it full of people--something it's designed to do. Tow--also something it's designed to do. Etc.

Soooo...you can't actually explain the connection between driving in 4H at high speeds and overheating. :shock:

There are many things you can do that will increase the amount of work the engine does. Load it full of people--something it's designed to do. Tow--also something it's designed to do. Etc.

too many variables. Like I said - it would be easier to know how he drives it and maintains it. and what was the last thing he was doing when it seized up.

sounds like he offroaded improperly... something that I would never do.... poor bastard :aw:

I don't know, just stocky Xterra like your. I guess this high mileage vehicle might be use for newspaper delivery/routine because I saw the rear seat folded down. I don't think the mechanic fold the rear seat, he just place the parts on the rear cargo bay during the engine removal procedure.

More like a blown head gasket.

Right, what cause the blown gasket is unknown. I think its overheated or stripped head bolt or stud in the aluminum engine block.

How would off-roading improperly cause coolant to be in the combustion chamber?

I don't know. I didn't diagnose it.

I don't know, just stocky Xterra like your. I guess this high mileage vehicle might be use for newspaper delivery/routine because I saw the rear seat folded down. I don't think the mechanic fold the rear seat, he just place the parts on the rear cargo bay during the engine removal procedure.

if he was offroading with stock Xterra... feels bad, man...

either improper towing or 4x4'ing such as engaging 4x4 at high speed, gunning it to get over an obstacle, etc.

it's Xterra.... you can imagine all kinds of abusive stuff you can do with it.

Oh good question.... I didnt see the towing hitch and 4wd cuz I was in fast pace to helping my techs.

Yes, VW is very picky for oil. That's why I keeps double check on bottle of oil and make sure VW-approved oil.

The diesel engine code is BEW, posters in IATN forum, says use VW 505-01 synthetic oil only , NO OTHER OIL used. New to me. Just thou

I can look up in my wife Jeep Cherokee, I am not sure but do recall that it said do not 4x4 on dry pavement for long period of time. Same with my F-250 Super duty luxurious truck (Harley Editon). My truck engine isn't designed for speed (Diesel). Also, I no longer speeding because with my truck speeding does impact fuel economy. If I go 75, I get about 14-17 MPG on highway verses going 55-60 I get 20-23MPG. If I throw in 4x4 it will go down around 15MPH if going 60MPH So its no brainer here.
Diesel here is around $4.15/gal

This in a Jeep?

I can look up in my wife Jeep Cherokee, I am not sure but do recall that it said do not 4x4 on dry pavement for long period of time. Same with my F-250 Super duty luxurious truck (Harley Editon). My truck engine isn't designed for speed (Diesel). Also, I no longer speeding because with my truck speeding does impact fuel economy. If I go 75, I get about 14-17 MPG on highway verses going 55-60 I get 20-23MPG. If I throw in 4x4 it will go down around 15MPH if going 60MPH So its no brainer here.
Diesel here is around $4.15/gal

23 mpg are you sure you not follow that mpg gauge on dashboard? that BS. My F350 diesel I could pull 20 mpg is stay 50 mph.

That diesel aren't NOT SUPPOSED to be baby. 6.0L can't be baby or you be have tons trouble. I rev to 3K rpm couple times to clean carbon out engine.

I can use 4wd on pavement but NO NO turn when in 4wd on dry pavement that hurt u joints.

23 mpg are you sure you not follow that mpg gauge on dashboard? that BS. My F350 diesel I could pull 20 mpg is stay 50 mph.

That diesel aren't NOT SUPPOSED to be baby. 6.0L can't be baby or you be have tons trouble. I rev to 3K rpm couple times to clean carbon out engine.

I can use 4wd on pavement but NO NO turn when in 4wd on dry pavement that hurt u joints.

Remember new Ford diesel truck got 6 speeds transmission and your F350 is 4 speeds transmission. Plus F350 is heavy than F250, I believe.

Yep, Same thing semi-truck must rev high to clean out too.

Remember new Ford diesel truck got 6 speeds transmission and your F350 is 4 speeds transmission. Plus F350 is heavy than F250, I believe.

Yep, Same thing semi-truck must rev high to clean out too.

He had 6.0L with 5 speed automatic.

my friend had 05 F250 he only get 13 mpg city and 17 mpg hwy. 23 mpg at hwy is dream.

He had 6.0L with 5 speed automatic.

my friend had 05 F250 he only get 13 mpg city and 17 mpg hwy. 23 mpg at hwy is dream.

Really? I can't find 6.0L from Ford website for diesel. That's all I found is 6.7L.

forde.png

Let see what diehardbiker said since he don't said what kind of engine he have.

Really? I can't find 6.0L from Ford website for diesel. That's all I found is 6.7L.

forde.png

dude.... why you looking at Ford website? it doesn't show previous models. you silly.

6.0L diesel from 2003 to 2007 then 6.4 from 2008 to 2009 then 6.7 afterwards. I have 6.0L diesel.

It is NOT easy to hit 23MPG. Diesel behaves differently than gasoline. I was able to hit 23MPG as long as there is no stopping, no speeding (55MPH constantly). I couldn't achieve more than 18MPG if driven in city or speeding over 75MPH no way can over 18MPG.

Last weekend I was driving 1,500 miles mostly going at 68MPG and get 19.2 MPG

To achieve higher MPG, slow down. Engine and transmission hits highest peak of efficiency around 47MPH. And yes my friend who has same engine told me hit 28MPG when driving 45-50 MPH, and that is when he let me catch up with him without having me to speeding.

forde.png

6.0L diesel from 2003 to 2007 then 6.4 from 2008 to 2009 then 6.7 afterwards. I have 6.0L diesel.

It is NOT easy to hit 23MPG. Diesel behaves differently than gasoline. I was able to hit 23MPG as long as there is no stopping, no speeding (55MPH constantly). I couldn't achieve more than 18MPG if driven in city or speeding over 75MPH no way can over 18MPG.

Last weekend I was driving 1,500 miles mostly going at 68MPG and get 19.2 MPG

To achieve higher MPG, slow down. Engine and transmission hits highest peak of efficiency around 47MPH. And yes my friend who has same engine told me hit 28MPG when driving 45-50 MPH, and that is when he let me catch up with him without having me to speeding.

Ah, I thought you just got a brand new F250 like 2010 or newer.

Back