Boy, 7, dies in apparent trespass shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I think we're to the point that you can agree to disagree because your arguing the same points over and over and neither of you are making progress.

The facts are that the Muhs used unneccessary deadly force to protect property that wasn't even their own (it was public property) and ended up killing a 7 year old boy and seriously wounding another.

Judging from what I have read, the Muhs probably didn't need a firearm to begin with given their 'no trespassing' sign that threatens and intimidates bypassers. The Muhs will be sentenced in court to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

OK I think we're to the point that you can agree to disagree because your arguing the same points over and over and neither of you are making progress.

The facts are that the Muhs used unneccessary deadly force to protect property that wasn't even their own (it was public property) and ended up killing a 7 year old boy and seriously wounding another.

Judging from what I have read, the Muhs probably didn't need a firearm to begin with given their 'no trespassing' sign that threatens and intimidates bypassers. The Muhs will be sentenced in court to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Exactly!!

When you sarcastically questioned the fact that I said they were psychologically imbalanced you suggested it. So are they are aren't they, Jiro? Does a psychologically well balanced and logically thinking person post the sign they have posted, or shoot into a family on the road without provocation and justification? It doesn't take the "Thought Police" to determine that well balanced and logical persons do not engage is the actions this couple engaged in. Puleeze.
what if that sign was just a joke? Ironic that the bad joke turned out to be real in this case. Again - what about drivers who yap away on cell phone or distracted drivers (for whatever the reason such as stress, emotional, etc)? Are they psychologically well-balanced and logically thinking people to drive 2-tons vehicle at 70 mph? People make mistakes. Some of them resulted in death.

And yes, I am still grieving, and will be for some time. However, it has absolutely nothing to do with my replies here. And for you to suggest such a thing is not only disrespectful to me, it is unfeeling and disrespectful to Byrdie's memory. You really should refrain from taking such cheap shots.
I'm referring to your post - "Apologies. I was a bit distracted last night due to the loss of a dear friend. A quick Google search will, however, confirm the information I posted."

Your posts are illogical and erroneous so I understand your grieving is clouding your judgment. I'm simply suggesting you to take a time-out because your posts are continuing to create a dangerous misconception and misinformation. I cannot let this happen... just as much as you cannot let people do so in CI/ASL/Audi/etc. threads.

Again, Jiro, this has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of abortion. Stop trying to defend your position with fallicious comparisons.
Again - I'm not talking about abortion issue. I'm talking about their behavior. Your behavior is same as theirs. It's called double standard. It's to show how you are being illogical on this issue.

You have attempted to explain and justify their actions at every turn.
And you have failed to show me the post where have I justified Muhs' action. See the beginning of this thread for my reaction toward to this news.

I suggest you speak for yourself regarding your needs. I will decide what suits mine myself, thank you.
So tell me - does Texas suit your need?

just a very very small correction - It wasn't the case of unnecessary use of deadly force. it was UNJUSTIFIABLE USE of deadly force... in short - ILLEGAL. Other than that... I agree with you but then... they have rights to own firearms just as much as we do. We all have a share of dumbass people around us but there's nothing we can do about it.

and yes - we all can agree to disagree. Like I said before - there are 50 states for us to choose. I don't think it's fair to make same law for all just because a liberal hates gun. why? simple - cultural, social, economic, etc. differences. We don't slap women around in here but they do in Arabic country. Just saying...

what if that sign was just a joke? Ironic that the bad joke turned out to be real in this case. Again - what about drivers who yap away on cell phone or distracted drivers (for whatever the reason such as stress, emotional, etc)? Are they psychologically well-balanced and logically thinking people to drive 2-tons vehicle at 70 mph? People make mistakes. Some of them resulted in death.

Then their idea of what is humorous is an indication that they do not function from a psychologically well balanced perspective.:cool2:

Again, drivers talking on cell phones have absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

I'm referring to your post - "Apologies. I was a bit distracted last night due to the loss of a dear friend. A quick Google search will, however, confirm the information I posted."

And you referred to it in a completely disrespectful and insensitive manner. I was simply referrring to my neglect in providing a direct link.

Your posts are illogical and erroneous so I understand your grieving is clouding your judgment. I'm simply suggesting you to take a time-out because your posts are continuing to create a dangerous misconception and misinformation. I cannot let this happen... just as much as you cannot let people do so in CI/ASL/Audi/etc. threads.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Again - I'm not talking about abortion issue. I'm talking about their behavior. Your behavior is same as theirs. It's called double standard. It's to show how you are being illogical about this issue.

Yes, dear you are. You continue to reference it as well as other topics that have absolutely nothing to do with the murder of this child.
And you have failed to show me the post where have I justified Muhs' action. See the beginning of this thread for my reaction toward to this news.

Everytime you offer an excuse for them, and you have done so repeatedly. We can begin with post #2 where you attempted to blame the victims by saying they should have known it was legal to shoot trespassers in Texas. Just scroll forward from there, and you will find any number of examples where you have tried to justify the actions of the Muhs.
So tell me - does Texas suit your need?

What need would that be?

Nice thread with a diverse range of topics! :lol: I found it interesting...

Disregarding Jillio's illogical nitpicking post #206 - I have already stated my case, you have stated yours. Agree to disagree.

Have a nice day :cool2:

Ignoring Jillio's illogical nitpicking post #206 - I have already stated my case, you have stated yours. Agree to disagree.

Have a nice day :cool2:

Jiro, I agreed to disagree with you eons ago. About the time you called the death of a 183 children statistically insignificant.

And I wasn't nitpicking. I was replying to the points that you, yourself, brought up.:cool2:

Jiro, I agreed to disagree with you eons ago. About the time you called the death of a 183 children statistically insignificant.

And I wasn't nitpicking. I was replying to the points that you, yourself, brought up.:cool2:

and like I said - I cannot allow you to distort and misinform this issue. :cool2:

You're replying with fallacious statements in attempt to mask your errors and to deflect the spotlight so I'll have to disregard your "points" because it's a waste of my time.

and like I said - I cannot allow you to distort and misinform this issue. :cool2:

You're replying with fallacious statements in attempt to mask your errors and to deflect the spotlight so I'll have to disregard your "points" because it's a waste of my time.

Do you even know what fallicious means without Googling a definition? Abortion and cell phones are fallicious comparisons, Jiro. Calling the death of 183 children "statistically igsignificant" is fallicious, Jiro. Bring up CCW when it has absolutely nothing to do with the murder of a 7 year old child is fallicious.

What errors? Tell me where my errors are. Did I make an error in stating that a 7 year old child was murdered? Did I make an error in stating that anyone who fires into a family standing on a road is psychologically unbalanced? Did I make an error in stating that this family did not, in any way , pose a threat to the Muhs, nor was the family trespassing? Did I make a mistake in stating that this child's death was the result of an irresponsible gun owner? Please, tell me where I made my error.

And of course you will disregard my points. It is easier to disregard that to which you have no reply.

Mod note:

I'm going to close this thread for the time being to allow cool off period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back