Boy, 7, dies in apparent trespass shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, that´s best safe is not visit Texas as a tourist.

in case you didn't notice - these kind of "dumb hillybilly" people are the one who live in some rural area. It's fine to visit Texas in Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio (or any other major city/metro area).

Just avoid hillybilly/redneck area cuz I'll be doing same!!! :cold:

The risk that an American aged 15 to 19 will die from a firearm injury more than doubled between 1985 and 1994. Firearm injuries were the second-leading cause of death for people aged 10 to 24 in 1994. In 1995, 8 percent of American students reported carrying a firearm for fighting or self-defense at least once in the previous 30 days. That’s up from 4 percent in 1990.
American children aged 14 and younger are 16 times more likely to be killed by firearms than are children in 25 other industrialized nations averaged together, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Kids and guns: All-American - statistics on children killed with guns | American Demographics | Find Articles at BNET

• In one year, more children and teens die from gunfire than from cancer, pneumonia, influenza, asthma, and HIV/AIDS combined. Between 1979 and 2001, gunfire killed 90,000 children and teens in America. According to the latest national data, one child is killed by gunfire every three hours; eight children every day; and more than 50 children every week. And every year, at least 4 to 5 times as many kids and teens suffer from non-fatal firearm injuries. 77% of murdered juveniles 13-19 are killed by firearms. Guns cause the death of over 19 children and young adults (24 years of age and under) each day in the U.S.
Green Prudence: Has America Had Enough Gun Violence Yet?

Most murders (68% in 2006) in the United States are committed with firearms, especially handguns. On average, 31 gun homicides are committed EVERY DAY. In 2005, the most recent year for which statistics are available, 30,694 people in the United States died from firearm-related deaths, including 12,352 murders, 17,002 suicides, and 789 accidents. An additional 71,417 people were shot and survived their injuries and 477,040 persons were victims of a crime committed with a firearm. In comparison, 33,651 Americans were killed in the Korean War and 58,193 Americans were killed in the Vietnam War. In the first five years of the U.S.-Iraq War, over 4,000 American soldiers were killed; however, more civilians are killed with guns in the U.S. every seven weeks. In a 10-year span, 633 law enforcement officers were feloniously killed by firearms in the US ; a handgun was the murder weapon in 78% (492 victims) of those murders; of the remainder, rifles killed 106 officers and shotguns killed 35. 253 slain officers were equipped with armor as well. Regions and states with higher rates of gun ownership have significantly higher rates of homicide than states with lower rates of gun ownership.
Green Prudence: Has America Had Enough Gun Violence Yet?
We stand out among western nations for the number of gun-related deaths in our country. Thus, the most recent statistics available show that, in 2005, 30,694 people died from firearm-related deaths in America; of that number, 12,352 were murdered; 17,002 killed themselves; 769 were killed accidentally and 330 died by police intervention.
The comparison with other countries is staggering. In 2004, firearms were used to murder 56 people in Australia, 184 in Canada, 73 in England an Wales, 37 in Sweden. And, in America, guns that year murdered 11,344 people.Guns: America's Disgrace | NBC New York

According to the most recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3,006 children and teens were killed by firearms in 2005, the first increase since 1994 and the first rise in gun deaths since Congress allowed the Assault Weapons Ban to expire in 2004.
When 32 people were killed at Virginia Tech and five at Northern Illinois University, the public was outraged. Yet every four days we have the equivalent of a Virginia Tech tragedy that passes unnoticed. Our gun violence epidemic robs parents of their children, wastes our human potential, and drains resources from our health care system.
Children's Defense Fund: 2008 Gun Report

In just one year (2003), 2,827 children and teens died from gun violence, which is more than the number of fighting American men and women killed in hostile action in Iraq in the three years from 2003 to April 2006 (CDF, 2006).
America?s Children: How Are They Doing?

A recent Children’s Defense Fund report found 2,827 children and teens died as a result of gun violence in 2003 — more than the number of American men and women killed in hostile action in Iraq from 2003 to April 2006.

The report on gun violence against children, "Protect Children, Not Guns," is based on the most recent data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Online only: Child, teen deaths by firearms in one year exceed total U.S. combat fatalities during three years in Iraq

American children are more at risk from firearms than the children of any other industrialized nation. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States. (Centers for Disease Control)
Gun Violence Statistics
• Children and Firearms:
• More than 10 children, and teenagers 19 and under, are killed by guns EVERYDAY, and many more are wounded.
• 77% of murdered juveniles 13-19 are killed by firearms 39% of households have a gun, 24% are handguns Annually 1,409 children and teenagers have taken their own lives with guns
• Guns kept in the home for self protection are 22x’s more likely to kill a family member or friend than to kill in self defense (;Facts For Families; July 2004)

The Comparison of Gun Violence in the US and other countries -- the total of murders by handguns: 11,789 United States
373 Germany
• 151 Canada
• 57 Australia 54 England & Wales (total)
• 19 Japan *These numbers only account for homicides, does not include suicides
Staggering Stats on Gangs & Gun Violence

• MORE SOBERING FACTS;
Among 26 industrialized nations, 86% of gun deaths among children under the age of 15 occurred in the United States .
• Contrary to beliefs young children possess the physical strength to fire a gun 25% 3-4 year olds, 70% 5-6 year olds, 90% 7-8 year olds including most semi- automatic handguns. (Christoffel Naurecka, Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine 1995)
Taxpayers pay more than 85% of medical cost for treatment of firearm related injuries. (;The Cost of Hospitalization for Firearm Injuries; Jama vol.260 November 25,1998, Abstract Journal of Trauma February 1995)
Staggering Stats on Gangs & Gun Violence

Sorry, your post make no sense. The law don´t care about their race, disablity and gender but judge their BACKGROUND to make sure either they can permit person a liesecne to buy a gun. That´s an exact what I tried to explain you because you brought up those word "discriminate" in your post #2 in first place.

The comparison you made is a fallicious because the gun is a material, not race, gender and disability.

Exactly what I am tried to say in my first post... It shouldn't be legal to sell guns to people who look like that...

It´s children, I concern about.

Again, exactly what I am tried to say 'It shouldn't be legal to sell guns to people who look like that...'
That's what I'm asking you!! What do you mean "look like that" ???? Do you mean to tell me that gun store SHOULD NOT sell guns to people who LOOK like dumbass hillybilly?

Thank you for warning, I won´t visit Texas, know that there´re legal for ANY people like that, no matter what to buy guns without control their background. :cold: I was shock when I saw the pictures of married couple because they look like that they have NO common sense and look at their warning sign. A boy would be alive if Texas authorities use their common sense and check their background and also their home...and won´t give them liesence to buy a gun.
If they owned the gun, it's because the Texan authorities and federal government have already performed background check and found no criminal record.

The fact, here in Germany and Europe countries, we don´t do like that when we know it´s legal to own a gun in Germany.
we don't either because it's against the law to shoot at people without warning and without justifiable cause. :) And beside - legal to own a gun in Germany? more like... nearly IMPOSSIBLE to own a gun in Germany :lol: Therefore - your statement is moot.

It´s no excuse to blame anything but there´re have fault on both sides, not just one side.

Common sense? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: US Gun control law is toooooooo weak.... How many shot in the USA to compare with Germany shot since January 2009 ?
Agree to disagree :) Like I said - both parties are at fault. See my post #30

Yeah, I thought we are here to talk about Texas, not the whole USA. I really have no idea why Jiro brought those word up to compare "America" with "Germany" when the thread is about 7 years old boy shot by Texans.... :dunno2:

see your post #3. You started it first with "Germany" :)

No, all what I see is Muhs couple are VERY stupid and lack of common sense to shoot family, not family. It killed one of family is 7 years old boy... *shake my head* I would blame Texas authority for make stupid law to allow ALL Texans own gun without control their background.

Please educate yourself with Texas & Federal gun law. Your statement is FALSE.

POSSESSION
No state license is required to possess a rifle, shotgun or handgun. There are restrictions on possession by a person: convicted of a felony or a Class A misdemeanor involving the person’s family or household; or subject to certain orders issued under the Family Code or Code of Criminal Procedure.

The applicant must submit: a completed application form; two recent color passport photographs; fingerprints; proof of age (at least 21); proof of residency in Texas; a handgun proficiency certificate from a qualified handgun instructor; an affidavit stating that applicant has read and understands the law concerning a license to carry and the laws on use of deadly force and that the applicant fulfills all eligibility requirements; and an authorization to access records. The Department shall issue a license to carry a concealed handgun to an applicant if the applicant meets all the eligibility requirements and submits all the application materials. Eligibility requirements include no record of felonies, certain misdemeanors, addictions, mental illness or delinquency in child support payments or tax payments.

A person applying for a concealed carry license must successfully complete both the classroom and range components of the handgun proficiency course to receive a handgun proficiency certificate. The handgun proficiency certificate must be no more than two years old and shall specify if it is valid for a revolver or semi-auto pistol based on the proficiency certificate.

The Department will issue a license to carry only for the categories of firearms listed on the handgun proficiency certificate. A person who is renewing a license to carry a concealed handgun must renew their handgun proficiency certificate.

As for Muhs couple - here's an appropriate comment for them - It doesn't make sense to own a gun and not know the rules,-- said co-author Alan Korwin in a recent interview.

You are the one who brought up to compare America with Germany, not us. Jillio questioned you but you changed and asked her question about Texas... Please stick AMERICA and answer Jillio´s question because you are the one who use those word "AMERICA", not Texas.

Again - see above. You started with "Germany" in your post #3. and see post #20. Jillio started to compare America with Germany, not me. and also to question me by comparing America to Germany - see jillio's post #22.

In order to stay on topic - I used Texas instead of America - hence my post #46. Are you trying to derail your own thread? Your thread's about 7-years old being killed in Texas. Not USA, not Germany. TEXAS!

We are talking about kids killed with guns, Jiro, and school shootings. None of those variables apply.

And I will ask you, as well: support that with statistics. And when I mentioned a book, I was talking about the logical sequence and the fact that the things I mentioned can be compared. The rationale is all there. See, you don't even know what I'm talking about, yet continually feel the need to correct me about a topic you don't even have an understanding of.

Now back to the topic.

actually I'm on topic whereas your posts are not as it's about USA vs. Germany. Notice in my post #46 where I asked for statistic in Texas. You can find shootings that involved children as well.

Perhaps you need to reread the books of whatever you're suggesting.

regarding jillio's post #62 - that's cute...... using biased statements and statistic from anti-gun organization and blogs... Kinda remind me of you belittling others for using source/statements from pro-life organization and blogs. Talk about double standard.... :dunno:

Sorry but I have to dismiss your post.

actually I'm on topic whereas your posts are not as it's about USA vs. Germany. Notice in my post #46 where I asked for statistic in Texas. You can find shootings that involved children as well.

Perhaps you need to reread the books of whatever you're suggesting.

My posts are related, as everything I have posted has to do with children killed by guns. Germany was only brought into this because you were chiding Liebling about Germany's gun laws. So I figured you could do with some statistics regarding the number of children killed by guns annually in the U.S. compared with the number of children killed by guns annually in Germany. We can use any other Westernized country you want to if you have some sort of specific problem with Germany.

regarding jillio's post #62 - that's cute...... using biased statements and statistic from anti-gun organization and blogs... Kinda remind me of you belittling others for using source/statements from pro-life organization and blogs. Talk about double standard.... :dunno:

Sorry but I have to dismiss your post.

The statistics reported on those websites come from the CDC. I see you missed that. The CDC statistics are based on death certificates, and the cause of death reported on that death certificate. They also use data from hospitals, and law enforcement agencies. I guess you failed to note that as well.

I'm so sick & tired of hearing about Germany versus United States to defeat your opponents views. (I'm talking about you (Liebling, Jiro and Jillio) It is getting really annoying, it always has! I don't care who started it first, stop already please? Thank you. :)

Now back on topic:

If the Muhs want to keep unwanted guests off their private property then they should have installed a good perimeter fence, a wire fence would have done the work, I'm sure they couldn't afford that, but I guess they took the risk to shot someone and now ending up in jail for it, so much for being a smart homeowner. NOT.

I'm so sick & tired of hearing about Germany versus United States to defeat your opponents views. (I'm talking about you (Liebling, Jiro and Jillio) It is getting really annoying, it always has! I don't care who started it first, stop already please? Thank you. :)

Now back on topic:

If the Muhs want to keep unwanted guests off their private property then they should have installed a good perimeter fence, a wire fence would have done the work, I'm sure they couldn't afford that, but I guess they took the risk to shot someone and now ending up in jail for it, so much for being a smart homeowner. NOT.

Yep. And the same thing happens to thousands of children every day in the U.S. where guns are concerned.

BTW, that's fine with me. I offered to use any other Westernized country Jiro wanted.

The statistics reported on those websites come from the CDC. I see you missed that. The CDC statistics are based on death certificates, and the cause of death reported on that death certificate. They also use data from hospitals, and law enforcement agencies. I guess you failed to note that as well.

yes.... which can be interpreted to one's agenda.

1. USA = 304,059,724
2. Germany = 82,369,552
3. factors that you largely ignored - diversity index in both countries, ratio rate in terms of population, geographic factor, cultural factor, etc. etc. and dozens more factors (which you conveniently ignored)
4. While Germany has less gun crimes, it has more crimes on other areas

lastly - this is not about USA vs. Germany in terms of gun-related cases. This is about Texas and Texas alone.

My posts are related, as everything I have posted has to do with children killed by guns. Germany was only brought into this because you were chiding Liebling about Germany's gun laws. So I figured you could do with some statistics regarding the number of children killed by guns annually in the U.S. compared with the number of children killed by guns annually in Germany. We can use any other Westernized country you want to if you have some sort of specific problem with Germany.

No I don't have a problem with Germany because I don't live in there BUT I don't appreciate Liebling's comments in demanding that we should have a knee-jerk reaction in tightening up our gun law over one/few incidents and also making false statements about our gun laws.

off-topic for a moment -
Crime Stats - Germany & USA
Gun violence > Homicides > % homicides with firearms
USA - 39.5604%
Germany - 28.5714%

Interesting.... only 10.989% difference.... I guess Germany's tighter gun laws are pretty useless.....

yes.... which can be interpreted to one's agenda.

1. USA = 304,059,724
2. Germany = 82,369,552
3. factors that you largely ignored - diversity index in both countries, ratio rate in terms of population, geographic factor, cultural factor, etc. etc. and dozens more factors (which you conveniently ignored)
4. While Germany has less gun crimes, it has more crimes on other areas

lastly - this is not about USA vs. Germany in terms of gun-related cases. This is about Texas and Texas alone.

Exactly. Not about USA vs. Germany. The statistics on the number of childhood deaths as a result of guns in the United States is enough.

Reposted:
According to the latest national data, one child is killed by gunfire every three hours; eight children every day; and more than 50 children every week. Something isn't working here. So what works in other places to keep their childhood deaths from guns so much lower?

We can't compare them in this thread. Let's stick to the statistics regarding how many children are killed by guns in the U.S.:wave:

We can't compare them in this thread. Let's stick to the statistics regarding how many children are killed by guns in the U.S.:wave:

Texas, not USA. :)

That's what I'm asking you!! What do you mean "look like that" ???? Do you mean to tell me that gun store SHOULD NOT sell guns to people who LOOK like dumbass hillybilly?

If they owned the gun, it's because the Texan authorities and federal government have already performed background check and found no criminal record.

we don't either because it's against the law to shoot at people without warning and without justifiable cause. :) And beside - legal to own a gun in Germany? more like... nearly IMPOSSIBLE to own a gun in Germany :lol: Therefore - your statement is moot.

Agree to disagree :) Like I said - both parties are at fault. See my post #30

I wonder about that too. discrimination because you are white and look like a hillbilly. That is just so wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back