Bone Anchored Hearing Aid.

NaidaUP

Reaction score
Anyone got a BAHA?

I’ve got a conductive loss which results in needing a lot of power through my hearing aids. My MPO is above the recommended 132db.

My AC results are 50db in the lows, 65db in the mid and 25db in the highs.

My BC results are all between 0db and 10db.

I had an BAHA assessment around 10 years ago but wasn’t allowed a BAHA back then because the metal stud thing that sticks out of your head would be at a greater risk of infection due to my job.

I see now they have a magnet system now for BAHAs so I really want another assessment.

Just wondered if anyone can share their experience on getting their BAHA.

Anyone got a BAHA?

I’ve got a conductive loss which results in needing a lot of power through my hearing aids. My MPO is above the recommended 132db.

My AC results are 50db in the lows, 65db in the mid and 25db in the highs.

My BC results are all between 0db and 10db.

I had an BAHA assessment around 10 years ago but wasn’t allowed a BAHA back then because the metal stud thing that sticks out of your head would be at a greater risk of infection due to my job.

I see now they have a magnet system now for BAHAs so I really want another assessment.

Just wondered if anyone can share their experience on getting their BAHA.

check out the non surgical solution they have!
MED-EL has the Adhear http://www.medel.com/adhear/
Cochlear has the Soundarc with the new version that looks like this
1525389989265.png

I have a BAHA and a BTE hearing aid. I have mixed hearing loss (born with sensoneural loss but then was in a car accident when I was 5 and fractured my temporal bone) I used BTEs all the way through my childhood. I chose to get a BAHA for the side where my fracture was when I was 17 back in 2006. It had the abuttment (or however you spell it) Back in 2013 I had it changed to the BAHA Attract (the magnet) because my autoimmune disorder that causes a lot of infections made the abuttment an infection risk, I had problems with minor infections which was amazing because I had seriously infections in like every other part of my body). I really like it, I still use a BTE HA though too.

Back