Blockbuster, Netflix or Redbox (Vote Poll)

Which video store or online you use?

• Total voters

yagazn

Reaction score
Are you a membership of Blockbuster or Netflix online? or You use redbox machine for $1 dollar a day.

If you want to know about redbox, go to WWW.redbox.com

How many movies you rent? 1 movies? 3 movies? 5 movies?

I'm a membership of Blockbuster for 3 movies unlimited mailing.

Blockbuster - 1-dvd unlimited

I'm a member of Blockbuster Online. I have the 3-DVDs option plus 5 in-store free rentals. I rent at least 20 DVDs a month.

I don't mind RedBox, but that's good for new releases. I like to focus on television shows and anime. That's why I rather stick with Blockbuster Online.

My mom sometimes asks me for a DVD. So, I rent it for free for her and there are no late fees. Better than Redbox which is per-day fees. :)

I'm a member of Blockbuster Online. I have the 3-DVDs option plus 5 in-store free rentals. I rent at least 20 DVDs a month.

I don't mind RedBox, but that's good for new releases. I like to focus on television shows and anime. That's why I rather stick with Blockbuster Online.

My mom sometimes asks me for a DVD. So, I rent it for free for her and there are no late fees. Better than Redbox which is per-day fees. :)

Vampy,

I agree that it's better than Redbox because of per day fees. I rent sometimes from Redbox and it's closer to my home.

I will go with 5 in-store free rentals on my change plan.

I'm a member of Netflix (3 DVDs at a time unlimited). As with Blockbuster Online, there are no late fees. I rent about 10 DVDs per month.

Last edited:
Netflix member since 2004 - 3 at at time unlimited.

No problems since whatsoever :)

im really like redbox because i saw at mcdonalds,krogers and walmart but i would get dvds somedays.

but im been rent dvds from library lots.

I like Redbox or BB online. so I haven't rent any for a while. We stopped BB online till later on. :)

Voted other. Blockbuster bricks and mortar store is close to my home, so I go in person. I don't rent many movies though, since television usually has enough programming to keep me occupied if I am free.

I'm a netflix online member and I opted for the 3 DVDs unlimited at a time.

So far it's been all good and have not had a problem at any sort. :)

If I needed to rent one at an immediate need - I'd use the RedBox to get a new release movie. It's not that often I get to use RedBox though.

Netflix --- 2 time at unlimited, including unlimited for streaming movies.

I'm considering to use RedBox more often, because they are starting to sell the rental Blu-Ray DVD's for just $1.

I voted none. I don't really rent any movies. I watch the movies my roommate buy from the store and watch it on the 62" Samsung HDTV with the upconverter DVD player.

when will RedBox be starting Blu-ray disc movies ??
It will be a while since it costs more to do Blu-ray disc.

When the time comes for Blu-ray to be cheap, then Redbox may reconsider. :)

I am renting movies from Redbox now. I can return DVDs to any Redbox locations. It is much easier for me. I noticed Movie Gallery is out of business right now.

UPDATE!! Netflix adds Captioning/Subtitle Option on the PS3 & Wii Starting October 18th. (still relies on the same limited number of titles - same as PC/Mac)

See Article: Netflix on PS3 goes disc-free, gets 1080p streaming and 5.1 surround sound (update) -- Engadget

All Netflix "Subtitles" work like DVD English Subtitles (bypassing the Closed Captioning chip on TVs and using its own technology to display English subtitles) With the new PS3 & Wii system upgrades (no Disk required), the option to turn subtitles on or off are on the Title Page of each title (where is shows "Start from the Beginning" "Add/Remove to Queue", etc.) On Titles with Subtitling added, there is a new button on the same line as the stars/rating/year/length called "Subtitle | Audio". Click on this to turn on Subtitles (also option to switch from spoken English to another spoken language such as Spanish, when available)

Here is a list of Netflix InstantWatch titles with English Subtitles.

Back