Blackberry curve 8330-media player and aim

DeafMonkey

Reaction score
Hey there :)

I got new blackberry cuvre 8330 but the plm that I cant get aim messenger and tried to avoid to pay like jivetalk and others pay for it so I try to avoid and it seem nothing so I ask here if anyone know where to get free aim messenger for on Blackberry curvre 8330??

I went to youtube,blueapple.mobi and tinytube.net but media player wont work it said "an error has occurred attempting to play media"

I have been tried and fought for it :(

Awww sheesh! Sorry to hear abt ur new BB Curve. I got mine last friday from sprintrelaystore. My Curve 8330 works perfectly well with blueapple.mobi and able to view Youtube.com video without hitch. I have BB OS 4.3.0.124 .

As for AIM, I was able to install AIM 6 into Blackberry 8830 without problems and it's free. My Curve already have AIM 6 preinstalled.

I will give you walk through how to install AIM 6 in your BB Curve.

Catty

I just reviewed the aim download to be sure I'm following correctly. It was in www.blackberry.com/aim and It was a agreement and term page. I freaked out that they no longer have "download aim 2.0 for 8800 and 8300" w/ link in it before agree or decline button. So.. If u proceed to "agree" and it'll detect version of ur BB and say it is not compatible. I google searched for aim6 for curve 8330 and show none!

They mentioned that some carrier do not support aim cuz it's data, not text.

What kind of carrier did you get for 8330 and what plan did you use?

Maybe I can find more if you tell me what Cellular carrier you have on BB Curve.

My mistake about AIM 6 on recent post. It's actually AIM 2.0 as a correction.

Here's the web link

http://mobile1.aol.com/aolproducts/mobile-aim/aim-for-blackberry/directions

Catty

Last edited:
Awww sheesh! Sorry to hear abt ur new BB Curve. I got mine last friday from sprintrelaystore. My Curve 8330 works perfectly well with blueapple.mobi and able to view Youtube.com video without hitch. I have BB OS 4.3.0.124 .

As for AIM, I was able to install AIM 6 into Blackberry 8830 without problems and it's free. My Curve already have AIM 6 preinstalled.

I will give you walk through how to install AIM 6 in your BB Curve.

Catty

How you do that with Curve 8330 of youtube?? mine not work it said

"the media being played is of an unsupported format" and "An error has occurred attempting to play media"

my blackberry curve 8330 is from telus and I look up from google that some people use telus same thing plm till they got fixed and I wasnt sure how they do that :( .. A friend of mine that we tried everything but not work on media :(

I did tried to take a video recorder it was work but youtube,tinytube.net, appleblue.mobi, mywave,etc that wont work :( it have been fought for 3 days lol

I just reviewed the aim download to be sure I'm following correctly. It was in www.blackberry.com/aim and It was a agreement and term page. I freaked out that they no longer have "download aim 2.0 for 8800 and 8300" w/ link in it before agree or decline button. So.. If u proceed to "agree" and it'll detect version of ur BB and say it is not compatible. I google searched for aim6 for curve 8330 and show none!

Maybe I can find more if you tell me what Cellular carrier you have on BB Curve.

Here's the web link

AIM for BlackBerry smartphones - AOL Mobile

Catty

as you see red fonts there that I did went to blackberry.com for aim and it said not support :(only support yahoo,Gtalk,msn, that is all I see it said

AOL Instant Messenger for BlackBerry
ICQ for Blackberry
Are not compatible with your smartphone and/or supported by your wireless service provider. Please contact your service provider for details.

Here's the web link

AIM for BlackBerry smartphones - AOL Mobile

Catty

that link is that free like this AOL Mobile - AIM® ? trying avoid pay for it lol :lol:

that link is that free like this AOL Mobile - AIM® ? trying avoid pay for it lol :lol:

There is another free Instant Message. I will get with you. I downloaded and installed the free IM but I decide to back out and deleted it cuz It can't log in MSN Messager and Yahoo either. It logs in AIM no problem. So let me find it and will post it.

Thanks
Matt

There is another free Instant Message. I will get with you. I downloaded and installed the free IM but I decide to back out and deleted it cuz It can't log in MSN Messager and Yahoo either. It logs in AIM no problem. So let me find it and will post it.

Thanks
Matt

Okay great thanks :) mine msn and yahoo are fine that I can log in :) with no plm .. I wish like all blackberry or others put all in one aim,msn, and yahoo for free lol :D but mine blackberry doesnt have aim so I am trying to find free instead of pay lol

Back