Black (56K warning)

Steel X

Reaction score
Black, one of the finest looking FPS is coming to Playstation 2 and Xbox this feburary.

I definetly cant wait to try this out! :D

920901_20051129_screen001.jpg

920901_20051129_screen002.jpg

920901_20051101_screen006.jpg

Hi Steel, Curious , what is FPS please? I am not exactly a video game guy but thinking of getting a Playstation sometimes and start a CD collection of games to play only after I do my physical fitness excersices first thing when getting home from work or on the weekends. Always keep yourself healthy and physically fit.Thanks Heath

FPS stands for First Person Shooter when you are into the character's vision and you shoot and reload and change weapons quickly like a real person would, etc...

you would know some FPS games like Halo, Halo 2, Doom 3, Call of Duty, and even Perfect Dark Zero.

I'm such a big fan into FPS cause I love to shoot and kill other ppl like crazy lol...not that it's a bad thing though but only shoot bad people, yeah. *nodding*

;)

and there are some third person shooter games where you can see the character fully and use weapons on the character and stuff like that...you would know some third person shooter games like Tomb Raider, James Bond : Everything or Nothing and Resident Evil 4. (best 3rd person shooter ever made of 2005)

so you get the picture.

Yes I have seen the tv commericals of the military games , pretty brutal and realistic too. That is a good deal. I do have America's Army on my computer. If you study the real life military manuals then play the military video games. You could be more mentally prepared if the U.S. Homeland Security situation ever got out of hand much like a real life Stalingrad, as for the physical fitness you would have to do all the hard work to be stronger. You would also need to head out to the local gun range on the weekend to shoot your guns for self defense, don't forget to balance your shooting time at the gun range with deer hunting or animal game skills for survival shooting skills too then you should be all set if the US Homeland Security situation ever erupted into a major situation. I pray and hope not !!!! I like the peace and quiet where we are now and hope it stays that way.

I know about Black. Probably going to be the prettiest game EVER on PS2. There is a video of it in Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I still would rent this first, as I don't find many FPS's very replayable. Look at the shine on that shell in screen 3. DAMN.

You may also want to ask the guys at the local V.F.W. post to help you with your skills at the gun range too. The combat vets will be happy to pass on some skills that you as a Deaf person could really use if a bad situation ever came to bear ... such as a bad criminal not just for US Homeland Security... This thread is supposed to be about the video games... I went off topic alittle and hope that it would save lives someday. I hope you don't ever have to do this in real life. It at least gives you new appreciation and respect for the military and law enforcement soldiers who daily risk their lives to protect us. God Bless Them !!!!

What exactly is this game about? What's the theme, plot, storyline, background, history, etc? Is it alien? Is it war? Is it one-man-army? Is it spy? Etc?

Looks like a military game to me. The video demo shows many military tactics for example, using the force multipler technique with a rifle and the scences are very much like that you would see in combat during wartime. Let's see what Steel has to say. :)

It looks like a good one to try out! :D Great graphics for the good ol PS2. :P

i saw the trailer for Black and whoooa it was fuckin' awesome esp the gunplay and destruction.

The Black game come from the guys behind the "Burnout" games using the same graphic engine that was in the Burnout games. So it looks like the PS2 and xbox has a lot of life left in 'em despite the next gen

Hey ya guys, I've rented Black last night for the PS2 and I gotta say...it's pretty damn good alright...and to think that it's developed and published by EA games, I thought it would pretty much suck since I dont really like that many games from EA games especially the James Bond series :| just better leave it to Rare who done the best James Bond title ever made on the Nintendo 64 in gaming history...now Black is like an extreme makeover over Rare's Goldeneye 007 on Nintendo 64 with superb graphics well detailed and tons of action packed explovison fun with millions of reloading bullets on an AK75, rocket launcher, desert eagle, sniper rifle, automatic uzi, riot shotgun, and so much more...too bad "Black" doesnt include mulitplayer action and subtitles for the deaf and HoH players which is pretty sad indeed, but makes it up for loads of non-stop action and loads of shooting at enemies in the head, legs, arms, and shoot at the explosive red barrels or cars and go BOOM! they fly off in the air like fried humans.

My total favorite is the AK75 and rocket launcher :D so beauifully detailed and well handy in combat. ;)

There's not really alot of other things you can do besides shooting...about 99% you just spend throughout the whole game shooting, shooting and more shooting but is still admirable and memoriable to be one of the last greatest games ever made on the Playstation 2 and Xbox before the next gen console war begins.

hey steelx
i am wonder that have you try play ghost recon?. It is same as FPS but little different.

this was great game, few months ago I conquered all missions of black for two days. that is all?? oh geez.... I want to play more and more, but game has short story to play.. this graphic game reminded me of Goldern eye: 007..

this is best First-person shooter of this week on cover of XBOX MAG!

Now this thread make me wanna to play this!
I suggest you check out your local Target, Walmart, Gamestop, EB, etc... and see if they have a playable demo.

I played the demo at my local Walmart and loved it!

The first level was HUGE! I played through and accomplished the first mission. Oh, wait... it's not over? Oh, an extended mission? Alright. So, I kept going. Accomplished! Oh, wait... more!? Whoa, how much further is this damn thing!

After nearly an hour of rushing through, I finally beat the first level. Whew!

i finish play Black (demo) for Xbox :cool: , i like it very much, i would like to buy it one for full play...

/awaits price drops.
GT, i courage you go to check CC store selling black game for 19.95 right now..

I was picked the one of used games from PAWN SHOP! they sold it to me for 19 bucks right after two day the black released.. hehehe..

i finish play Black (demo) for Xbox :cool: , i like it very much, i would like to buy it one for full play...
why are you waiting for?? THEN go to buy it asap.. it is on SALE for $20 less now

Back