Bird Feeders

The Common Loon

Here in Massachusetts my neighbor and I share the same tree - She feeds birds every week or two. I’ve seen robins, sparrows, black capped chickadees, black crows, blue jays, cardinals, mourning doves and wood peckers. Many squirrels, chipmunks and bunnies running around in my back yard.

Anyone have bird feeders?

Why do people even have them?? Wildlife efforts ALWAYS says to NEVER feed the wildlife.

Why not instead just grow things that will harbor birds and other creatures you want instead?

Why do people even have them?? Wildlife efforts ALWAYS says to NEVER feed the wildlife.

Hello Mr. FriendlyGuy, welcome to AD! I read your introduction. You seem to be a swell guy.

Wildlife experts say that bird-feeders are the exception, meaning its A-OKAY. As long as we are aware of the diseases they bring, and to keep the feeders and surrounding area clean. They also advice what to NOT feed them. Bottom line is, bird-feeders are OKAY.

Mr. FriendlyGuy, I hope you didnt come to my thread just to cyber-bully and/or slander me, Didja?

Hello Mr. FriendlyGuy, welcome to AD! I read your introduction. You seem to be a swell guy.

Wildlife experts say that bird-feeders are the exception, meaning its A-OKAY. As long as we are aware of the diseases they bring, and to keep the feeders and surrounding area clean. They also advice what to NOT feed them. Bottom line is, bird-feeders are OKAY.

Mr. FriendlyGuy, I hope you didnt come to my thread just to cyber-bully and/or slander me, Didja?

Ahw thanks you very much!

I honestly didn't know that bird feeders are the exception to this "no feeding wildlife" recommendation as long as you also do the things you mentioned.

Thanks you for bringing this to my attention as well.

Ruby Throated Hummingbird (f) @ feeder. Note: only males have the ruby colored throat.

20180822_081737.jpg

Here in Alaska its the ptarmigan. Kind of the wild banty chicken of the North.
When I was young I considered them to be good eating. Now I find them to be funny little dummies that warm my heart to see them.

Here in Alaska its the ptarmigan. Kind of the wild banty chicken of the North.
When I was young I considered them to be good eating. Now I find them to be funny little dummies that warm my heart to see them.

Think you can get a photo? We would love it.

I will be up where they are a common sight soon. They photograph best this time of year as their plumage changes. In winter they are snow white.

Back