Bird Feeders

I was going to answer, but I bet I'm wrong so I'm going to defer to our resident bird nerd.

I love feeding my birds. I wish I could find names for all the breeds I feed. thank you AlleyCat

What state are you in? I pretty much get the regulars as you mentioned. I dont have the right seed mix for Cardinals. I do see them tho, just not at my feeder.

I'm in Alabama. We buy cardinal feed at Wal-Mart. We don't see many actually eat either and just usually see them around.

There is one bird feeder out back and it is birds galore there every day. It has be refilled every day. They don't seem to care who steals what. Or pig out on. I have trees way way way far back and on the sides (5 acres here), but not so much near the house, so the squirrels stealing from the birdfeeder has been a non-issue here.

Are your cats kind to squirrels?
Never mind. lol

where I live I get a lot of wood pigeons, are females brown unlike the grey males or are the brown one's younger birds, I have tried to look on bird watcher websites with no luck.
reply to me if you know the answer please

It may help if you obtain a bird handbook specific to your area. For example, I live in the USA, state of Illinois. So, I got a bird guide specific to Illinois. Birds of Illinois. It shows birds most commonly seen in my area. Hope this helps. Good luck. Take photos and post here!

It may help if you obtain a bird handbook specific to your area. For example, I live in the USA, state of Illinois. So, I got a bird guide specific to Illinois. Birds of Illinois. It shows birds most commonly seen in my area. Hope this helps. Good luck. Take photos and post here!
You should get a bird guide specific to Minnesota so you can stop pestering people :)

In a box? For shame. Be a sweetheart and give it to a poor soul who will put it to good use.
I’ll give it to my neighbor. He’s kinda cute. Not my type, but he’ll do in a pinch.

I’ll give it to my neighbor. He’s kinda cute. Not my type, but he’ll do in a pinch.
Its gonna end up as his kids coloring book and tinder for his fire pit.
He will give it to his kids as a coloring book. And then use it as tinder for his fire pit. SMH. But as long as he is kinda cute, life is good, right?

He will give it to his kids as a coloring book. And then use it as tinder for his fire pit. SMH. But as long as he is kinda cute, life is good, right?
Deleted. A little rude on my part :)

Last edited:
What is everyone's state bird?

Here in Illinois it's the Cardinal.

Back