Bird Feeders

Cappy

Open question: Anyone have hummingbird feeder tips? Which color feeder works best? Do you mix your own feed (liquid)? If so, what is your mixture?

whatdidyousay!

Maybe you can look into buying "pest resistant" plants/flowers?
I gave up on trying to grow flowers b/c the landscaper isn't careful and will cut down anything in his way. He already killed some flowers
here. It was easier for him to mow over the flowers than go around them .
Thank you for the tips .:)

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Open question: Anyone have hummingbird feeder tips? Which color feeder works best? Do you mix your own feed (liquid)? If so, what is your mixture?
Red feeders work best.

I make my own. Bring to boil water and sugar, 4:1 ratio (water:sugar). Keep unused nectar refrigerated.

Lau2046

We had a number of birds, which I dearly miss now that I'm in the condo. I used to love placing peanuts on the porch railing and watching the Blue jays bomb down out of the sky and take them one by one. And we often saw the male and female cardinal which was always my favorite sight...they were so beautiful, even in winter. We had a bird house way up at the top of one true, just above the bird feeder and that was where my little one, Luigi lived. My squirrel, who after grabbing his stash of nuts, would rest half in, half out, looking the picture of contentment.

Laura

Beowulf

Premium Member
For goodness sake, don't do it. Hummingbirds are inscrutable little bastards.
It doesn't matter what color it has to imbibe from. They got big mouths and tell all their friends about it, and THEIR friends tell other friends about it, until it becomes a clusterfu... I mean, for real! You are RESPONSIBLE for them for the rest of THEIR lives! Heck, not gonna lie...if you forget to feed the feathered hordes they will tap on your window! Truth!
When you move, guess what? They make it impossible to sleep because they also make you think.
God bless the hummingbirds.