Bipolar Disorder

You're right. Other issues may preclude someone from being prescribed an SSRI. I just wanted to point out that it IS possible to take an SSRI/SSNRI for bipolar disorder if it's prescribed along with a mood stabilizer.

I hope you find the right med combination that'll help manage your symptoms.

Ok, I understand about what are you talking about.

Yup, I will not get a mood stabilizer until Friday.

There was talk that I might be and my doctor is sending me out to have all kinds of checks and tests done.

I am currently on medicine that is supposed to be for both depression and to help with my fibromyalgia.

He's currently not sure if I have BPD or if it's just my Situational Anxiety Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Add in OCD, fibromyalgia and neuropathy.

OP evidance i am nothing I am truth I found it mood disorder I don't
I don't have bipolar disorder, my doctor told me already told me serious aniety

false another member think me play games misunderstand stranger person werid on impossibles wrong found misreading me add on depression me my label name I am truth I am nothing i am prove!

I found it , They investiage it my record , I am pretty normal anxiety fine!

My deaf friend from work always told me about the problems with his ex-wife who has BD. Both of them have CP. Anyway when he came home from work, she often fought with him. Many times he had to take time off from work because of her. He told me that it was not funny. It was stressful for him. I met her three times and she seemed fine to me so I suspect that it only happened when they were alone.

Update: After met with psychiatrist and the bipolar is underdiagnosed because she is unsure about bipolar, however I have few bipolar symptoms but not enough information to be confirmed. My therapist told me that I'm closer to confirm but psychiatrist disagreed.

Now, I'm not taking any medicines due mental related medicines made my IBS so aggressive and my mood is very stable with little bump between happy and sad.

I disputed with therapist about Adderall and DEA Schedule, I said Adderall is on Schedule II but she said Schedule IV. I checked DEA and found out that I'm correct.
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/orangebook/c_cs_alpha.pdf

On Easter, my family and I (6 of us) went out to eat. The lines were so long at that restaurant...one friend was looking sort of "anxious"...I kind of dismissed it, thinking perhaps he was very hungry....But all of a sudden, he yelled...."I can't take this anymore....let's get out of here and find another restaurant...I'm tired of all these people!"....Everybody was looking our way....

I tried to calm him down, saying it won't be much longer...the food is excellent here...after about a few minutes, he calmed down a little...but our mood was about ruined...

To find out he was on Abilify and Prozac for his disorder...but had stopped taking the meds.....His mood swings are being fine one day, then suddenly getting angry....We've pointed this out to him, but he still refuses to take the meds, saying he don't need them and there's nothing wrong with him....but his "all of a sudden" rages are getting out of hand....

My father is bipolar, it's not that bad if you are medicated and can learn to control your swings.

Have anyone experience with bipolar?

I'm recently diagnosed with bipolar after years of misdiagnose because some of bipolar symptoms match to mine. At first with new psychiatrist, she thought that I'm possibly have schizoaffective and tried on new medicine but... turned out it wasn't work after 1 month so she had to rule it out but rather to say about bipolar. I'm not sure about what type of bipolar that I have one and will find out on this Friday.

I have both of depressive and manic episodes, I used to be depressive for weeks before changed to manic, more like hypomania. The mood changes over weeks or months. I'm currently in manic episode but it is better than depressive because depressive affect my life in almost big time.

I had mood stabilizer at once - Lactimal but not anymore due to rashes and I don't have any treatment right now after old mood medicine failed.

How were you misdiagnosed?

How were you misdiagnosed?

They thought I have major depression and put me on SSRI medicines so I went into wrong way and turned into too violent person.

I had tons of nasty stories about high school and not comfortable to share in public.

Thank you for share interesting thread, Roxrac.

I knew it after read all of comments here after suspect someone for a long year. The description fit them perfectly.

The people confuse mood with emotion…This is HARD, when someone likes me on day and next day then he/she act like he/she can’t stand me.

It's not easy to handle with someone who is bipolar. I have one in my family. One tiny mistake that make her upset easy. Oy!

Very true, I have been through with someone like that...

Be caution when you pointed finger at other people if you think they have bi-polar. For instance my mood swings came from my over active pituitary gland and I am on medicine to keep proclatinoma under control. Someone told me that I have bi-polar that made me mad because they assume without know all the fact together. Do you realize that 25 percent of American people have proclatinoma and they did not know. I went thru hell because of those idiots doctors said it was all in my mind till I went thru early menopause at age 36. My gyn doctor saved me from misdiagonised by those idiots doctors. anyway my mood swing is much better now than before.

Be caution when you pointed finger at other people if you think they have bi-polar. For instance my mood swings came from my over active pituitary gland and I am on medicine to keep proclatinoma under control. Someone told me that I have bi-polar that made me mad because they assume without know all the fact together. Do you realize that 25 percent of American people have proclatinoma and they did not know. I went thru hell because of those idiots doctors said it was all in my mind till I went thru early menopause at age 36. My gyn doctor saved me from misdiagonised by those idiots doctors. anyway my mood swing is much better now than before.

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that you had misdiagnosed with bipolar, that's extremely frustrated for sure.

You got to be very careful what you say in public. You can get backfire for saying it.

Its all about respect, put yourself in their shoe and tell me how you would feel if you were stereotyped in such manner like this?

Perfect example, Im Deaf so I could use this phrase.... "All Deafies are dumb!" Wouldn't you like to hear this? I would feel offended because the truth is not all Deafies are dumb.

I don't know it's offensive. I just tell the truth.

Update: After met with psychiatrist and the bipolar is underdiagnosed because she is unsure about bipolar, however I have few bipolar symptoms but not enough information to be confirmed. My therapist told me that I'm closer to confirm but psychiatrist disagreed.

Now, I'm not taking any medicines due mental related medicines made my IBS so aggressive and my mood is very stable with little bump between happy and sad.

I disputed with therapist about Adderall and DEA Schedule, I said Adderall is on Schedule II but she said Schedule IV. I checked DEA and found out that I'm correct.
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/orangebook/c_cs_alpha.pdf

so how long did you stop taking a medicine and how did you feel? hope it is a little better??? Im still learning.

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that you had misdiagnosed with bipolar, that's extremely frustrated for sure.
Thank you :) Pituitary tumor is what I have and people who have this similar disorder are dealing with mood swings too.( many doctors does not know about it) I read yours and feel for you. I talked with my sister last night about medicines she worked at the state hospital, two of her patients died from medicines. Be careful what you take and make sure it does not harm you. Wish you a good luck finding right kind of prescription. (((((((((Foxrac)))))))

Back